AU/NZ JAN 2013

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Gloofty, May 23, 2012.

1. Yecats

Yecats New Member

No one has food and beverage so far!
    Yes I totally agree about not know to many people. It's half the reason I'm doing this so I can meet heaps of new people :)
    I will probably travel after but mainly because I want to make sure I have enough money.
    I would loveto go to new York though as I am a massive sex and the city fan haha
    Excited!! 7 months better go so fast.
    I'm fine with flying but sometimes I feel sick and I can never sleep so I'm not a fan of sleeping, all worth it ;-D

2. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

Im waiting to see what the visa rules are before making any plans, I saw mentioned somewhere that once the program finished you had to leave, so I want to find out about that before making any plans.

That said, I would love to go back to New York and Las Vegas. Probably a trip to California as well :p I want to go everywhere lol

3. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

When I was having the interview I asked about the travelling and he said 30 days before and 30 days after. So while I pay all that money for a flight over there you may as well make the most of it lol.

And I loveeee flying, it's a journey in itself that I am looking forward to.

4. Yecats

Yecats New Member

If I save enough money I would love to travel before and after, like you said Dylan, make the most of it :)

5. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

What is everyone looking forward to most about the program - so far?

I think for me it's a tie between being in America for the year and the classes. As nerdy as it sounds, who better to learn from than Disney?

6. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Well I done a contiki your last year and one of the best things about thy was meeting new people and just having an amazing time with them. So I am really looking forward to meeting lots of people at where they say is the happiest place on earth :)
    Plus the trips I can take and the rides!

7. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

I am looking forward to ALL of it I can't choose. Even work is going to be so fun like who from Australia gets the chance to work at Disney world. But meeting all different people from around the world and just experiening the American way of life. I cannot wait and I can't say that enough ha ha.

8. Yecats

Yecats New Member

I know exactly what you mean, it's good that someone understands my extreme excitement haha
    I am so excited and I have to restrain from saying it every time I make a comment :)

9. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

I think we all know that feeling! It's only been a week or so since I found out I was going and my friends and family are already sick of hearing about it. Hahaha.

10. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

And since I found out I can't sleep properly haha I just keep making mental lists in my head of everything I want to do while on the program. But I guess as weeks go the feeling will start fading until we get that damn 2019 package!

11. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

Hahhaa yeah me too - Just send us the information already! I want to start planning and packing now! I'm so impatient :p

12. Yecats

Yecats New Member

haha so true! they are super excited and happy for me but theres only so much they can share!

Thats excatly what will happen, we will starting easing off from the excitement and then the package will come and then we can be even more excited all over again ;D Cant wait!! :eek:

13. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

More like who from WA haha we have nothing! It is definitely the chance of a lifetime ;D

14. Yecats

Yecats New Member

It defiantly is a chance of a life time I would be devastated if i didnt get the visa!
    Im from SA we have nothing! haha I know how you feel there :p

15. Jessybee

Jessybee New Member

Hi :)
    I'm Jess and I'm from NZ. I have also applied for the Jan 2013 AU/NZ programme! I was interviewed last Friday and I haven't heard anything yet. I was wondering how long it usually takes for them to get back to you?
    The wait is horrible! ):

16. Chiara_May

Chiara_May New Member

Hi Jess, I was interviewed on Friday 11th and found out I got into the program on the 16th. So it didn't take very long for me, others might have taken longer/shorter though. Best of luck!!

17. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Hey Jess good luck :)
    I had my interview on the 1st and found out on the 11th. I haven't heard of anyone that took longer then 10 days so it's not that long :)

18. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Good luck!
    I had my interview on the 3rd and found out on the 21st and that was a loooooong wait checking my emails everyday but it turned out that they didnt have my email and i got a phone call instead haha :D

19. Pluto91

Pluto91 New Member

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Emma, I'm from Brisbane and I'm also going in Jan 2013 for the ICP.

Like you all I am very excited (and nervous at the same time haha) :D :D

20. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Congrats ;D im trying not to think of being nervous haha :)