AU/NZ January 2014

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by madgie18, May 30, 2013.

1. madgie18

madgie18 New Member

Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone else has been accepted yet for January 2014?
    The roles that I got are Quick Food&Bev and Operations!

This is my way to procrastinate from uni work, as I'm getting way too excited for this even though it's still ages away!
    Hope everyone else is excited as I am! :D

2. disneyqueen

disneyqueen New Member

After your interview how long did you have to wait to find out if you got accepted?

3. madgie18

madgie18 New Member

Hi disneyqueen,

I only had to wait 3 days before I found out I got accepted after my interview!Had my interview on Wednesday and found out on Saturday morning. Didn't expect to get such a quick answer as they told me in my interview that it'll be around 2 weeks til they say.

Hope that helps!

4. disneyqueen

disneyqueen New Member

Really? Wow.

I had my interview on Friday in Sydney and 12 other people had an interview and I'm pretty sure they told me it could take up to 4 weeks for a email!!

Where did you have your interview?
    Congratulations by the way!

5. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

hey disneyqueen!!

were there only 13 people who took the interview on Friday? i expected alot more than that... how many were at the presentation?

I'm going to the one at ICMS on Tuesday =D

6. disneyqueen

disneyqueen New Member

Oh good luck!

There was about 50 people but only 13 of us had interviews, most people were just getting information or didn't qualify!

7. madgie18

madgie18 New Member

aw thanks disneyqueen!
    I had my interview in Wellington, NZ but my interview was back in mid March so I've known for quite a while.

Hopefully you make it into the program both you and mumbles!

8. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

thanx guys,

I hear Jeni is really nice so im not too worried about the interview, just anxious to get started lol

since the last group is on tuesday im hoping it wont be a long wait til we get notified... im guessing they woulda sorted through most of the Qld and Vic applications already...

@disneyqueen - what do you mean by they didn't qualify? there's only the 3 criteria right? over 18, Au/Nz citizen and enrolled at uni

9. disneyqueen

disneyqueen New Member

Jeni isn't going to be interviewing this time, the two other recruiters are nice though!

Yeah that's correct but I guess people were confused...

Thank you- hope we get in aswell...

10. madgie18

madgie18 New Member

Oh another criteria is that you have to do one semester of uni before you apply!

I had another lady interview me for my interview as Jeni was interviewing someone else but they are really nice! Makes you feel really comfortable and at ease!

11. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

oh yeah, Thanx madgie18

I should be fine then, im in my final year =D

I've cleared my schedule for 2014.... i dunno what im gonna do if they dont take me haha... might do another degree just so i qualify for the program again =D

oh btw - i know there's alot of posts about this already... but what type of questions do they ask at the interview?

12. M.lover13

M.lover13 New Member

Hi,

Im from NZ too and I'm heading there in January 2014. Going to work in operations/merchandise :)
    I just want to go now!!

13. madgie18

madgie18 New Member

So have I! Haha thought this was a great way to end university!!
    The questions they ask are sorta typical to what they'll ask in a job interview like what job do you want and why you think you'll be good at it? Also got asked if i was okay with living with people from different cultures etc. the questions aren't tricky and I felt like it was more of a chat than an interview!

Hi M.Lover13! That's the same with me! Haha can't wait til I've finished with uni this year to go. Really want to head there now too. Whereabouts from NZ are you from?

14. disneyqueen

disneyqueen New Member

It was a very easy, friendly and relaxing interview !! I was worried and nervous for NO reason

15. M.lover13

M.lover13 New Member

Hi madgie18,

ohhh tell me about it ... I am sooooo over uni right now :-\
    Im from Christchurch ... what about you??

16. madgie18

madgie18 New Member

I'm from wellington!
    Totally agree, wish we were going now instead of waiting half a year to go!
    Do you know anyone else that is doing the program the same time as us?

17. Mumbles

Mumbles New Member

all interviews are OVER !!!!
    final batch of Jan 2014 AUNZ people should be finding out if they are in or out in "2 to 3 weeks"

there were around 20 people who went to the last presentation meaning only around 35 people form Sydney.... thought there would be more people interested in the program...

18. madgie18

madgie18 New Member

Oh wow that's cool mumbles! Hopefully you get in!
    I wonder how many people are heading over in Jan from both AU/NZ?

19. disneyqueen

disneyqueen New Member

Oh you went today didn't you mumbles?!

How did you go?

How many people had an interview?

20. M.lover13

M.lover13 New Member

Hi,

Yeah I know a couple of people thru the Facebook group for NZ and AUS Jan intake. Have you joined the group or do you want me to link it to you? :)