August 1st!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by DisneySparkles, Jun 14, 2012.

1. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

So, I just read on Yummy Jobs that the applications open on August 1st, rather than September (which was what I had heard). That's less than two months away! Who else is excited?

2. gldc

gldc New Member

Yep, just saw this too - 5 weeks till the applications open! So excited!!

3. Piglet

Piglet New Member

oh wow thanks for letting us know or I wouldn't have checked! Oooh i hope this means the interviews are sooner! :D x

4. DisneySparkles

Four weeks exactly from today :D I'm really looking forward to application process!

5. Piglet

Piglet New Member

yay and I have my driving test the day before applications open :D I hope I pass and then if I get through to Disney I can hire a car next year and drive around Florida :p lol Roadtrip!

6. DisneySparkles

That's so cool! I live in Canada, so I could bring a car if I wanted, but I doubt I'll have my full license by then XD

7. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Aw u should go for it, a friend drove me to work one time at Animal Kingdom and wow it felt so good to not have to sit on the bus for 45 mins :p I just want a car over there to get to Walmart and the mall :p

8. DisneySparkles

I kinda waited a really long time to get my permit (I'm only going for it in August), and I can only get my graduated lisence in April (assuming I pass them both the first time). It must be nice to have that convience though, esp. while working at Disney.

As this will be my first time applyng, may I ask what position you held?

9. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey where are you from then? That sounds very different from how things work here :p And I worked food & beverage (I really wouldn't recommend it although it depends where you are put) But yeh i'm dying to go back, I miss the lifestyle :p In England atm it's so humid and keeps raining, it reminds me of Florida! lol x

10. DisneySparkles

I'm from Canada :) Atlantic Canada, to be precise :) A co-worker of mine is originally from Saskatchewan, and he said you can get your permit there at 15.

Yeah, F&B would come last on my list, I'd rather work custodial over F&B, unless the oppurtinty arose to waitress somewhere, esp. Prime Time Cafe :)

What position are you hoping for this time around? I'd personally love to be a character attendant, or work attractions or merchandise :)

11. Piglet

Piglet New Member

But bare in mind sometimes even if you put f&b as last on ur list they may give u it.. thats what happened to me lol spose it's better than nothing...but this time i'm not guna put it on at all, i'm actually going for custodial. Sounds crazy as my 1st choice I know but I've thought about it loads and I think I wanna do that when I think about the stories i've heard from other cast members.. Don't think I can bare working attractions with the thought of getting a role like my flatmates.. she worked It's a small world and got in at like 4am somedays and worked really long shifts constantly. eee i'm so excited I really wanna go back to Disney :p x

12. DisneySparkles

Custodial is such an important job. I've been visiting Disney reguarlily since I was five, and I can not count how many times I've been thankful for the wonderful custodial staff :) If that's what you want to do, then definitly go for it! Small World to 4 AM? that would be....erm....interesting. I'm sure I'll work around any hours I'd get, though.

I'm actually going as a guest this August (after my application is sent!), so I'm planning on chatting up as many cast members as possible to learn first hand about the roles. The cast members are really what makes a Disney trip so special, and I'd love to be able to give that back to someone :)

13. Piglet

Piglet New Member

wow wish i was going! Let me know what they say :p Altho I heard a lot from fellow cast members when i was over there, top roles were custodial, character performer and merchandise but it totally depends where u get put! Ahh i'm so jealous of u going! When I applied in 2010 I found out I got the job just before I went to Disneyland in Paris so I was even more excited going :p lol I'm off to America in November so that will give me a taste of what I'm missing anyway. How long u going for? Not long before it's August x

14. DisneySparkles

I definitly will! :D

I guess the roles available will depend on who they have domestically at the time and everything. I'd do really well at merchandise, I think, because it's what I did all through high school. But I'm pretty well up for anything, so long as get to help make the magic happen :)

Hahahha, it's always so fun to be in such a great atmosphere :)

We're starting the drive down to America two days before our flight, and when we land in Orlando, we're going to spend one night at a Downtwon Disney area resort, before checking into Bay Lake Tower for a week! :D 8 day tickets, that's the longest we've ever stayed! (We've done 6 and 7 in the past for longer trips)

Have fun when you get to the states! :D

15. Piglet

Piglet New Member

You too that's good you'll have a great time :D I actually went for 28 days when I went! haha But trust me u would if you could get tickets as cheap as they are over here in Britain! But yeh I went for 28 days after i'd been there for 2.5 months for my program so I really don't think you ever get bored of Disney! lol I love Downtown Disney especially the crazy arcade thing :p btw if I don't get onto the Disney program I was thinking about going through Bunac and working abroad, maybe doing America but I was looking at Canada too, any recommendations? x

16. DisneySparkles

Thanks! Believe me, if I could go for 28 days, I would! We used to go every oher year, and then it turned into every year, then it turned into twice a year. I guess the tickets would be pretty cheap over there, since the flights would be so expensive. I've only down Downtown Disney once and it was on New Years Eve, so I really didn't get to experiencce much other than the World of Disney store, but that was fantastic! We're going to spend an afternoon there this time around :) A friend of mine and his sister did DisneyQuest once, and they loved it!

I've never heard of Bunac, and I live in a small part of Canada, and we're waaay out in the East, so the only thing I can really say is if it's another theme park program, I'd definitly do Canada's Wonderland over Marineland. Marineland is SUPPOSED to be like SeaWorld, but it's not. It's really actually quite boring. The rides are all very exhibition/amusement park rides, babied down a bit (except for SkyScreamer, which i couldn't even go on because of vertigo at extreme heights). The shows are pretty cool, but that's about the only upside. You have to walk so much to get to anything....it's comparable Animal Kingdom but without shade and Disney's custodial staff.

I've never been to Canada's Wonderland, but from what I've heard, it's A LOT better :D Less walking, really cool rides, and generally friendlier staff (and less disappointed guests).

17. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

Just throwing in my two cents!!
    Piglet - apply for everything you can! I left it a long time to apply for anything, believing it couldn't be done and I start the CRP in April! There's so many people out there that have regrets and I'm so happy that I am starting to make up for mine. DisneySparkles, what region of Canada are you in? I have family in Ontario and Calgary (complete opposites!) and I spent 2 weeks in Ontario last August, so much fun! My parents are leaving on Wednesday to spend 3 weeks travelling from Vancouver to Calgary for my cousins wedding and I'm so jealous! :) xx

18. DisneySparkles

Hahahahha, you're looking at the wrong side of the map! I'm from Atlantic Canada :p

19. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Im starting to get impatient. I just want to apply already :p
    August 1st hurrrry.

20. DisneySparkles

The first of August makrs two great things for me, actually. I get to apply for the ICP, and it's my last day of work :)