August 1st!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by DisneySparkles, Jun 14, 2012.

1. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

Hahahaha, I find it hilarious when people dye thier hair red and claim to be a ginger. Ginger hair is orange, not red (though mine is more of a yellowish-orange)

2. Lightningz

Lightningz New Member

Ahh thank you for taking the time to reply to me with a definite answer! That's a relief! Think I might do the same, I'll do some preparation now though.

Good luck with your results too!

3. elastigirl

elastigirl Guest

I'm tweaking my CV and cover letter just now, I'll have my application submitted by the end of the week - probably tomorrow. I'm actually quite nervous about it already, despite the fact that I have work and university to keep me occupied for a couple of months before I find out anything about my application.

How long are people's CVs/cover letters? My letter is one page, as is my CV. I usually like to keep my CV short and sweet, but I don't want to be too conscise - especially if other people aren't shying away from making theirs a bit longer.

4. DisneySparkles

My CV is a full page, but still just one. I didn't even do a cover letter.

5. elastigirl

elastigirl Guest

It's my first year applying, so I didn't know whether or not to do a cover letter... what's everyone else's thoughts/experience?

6. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

Hey guys... just a note on hair colour...
    I would definately get your hair to a "normal" colour for the screening. I had kind of red hair for the CRP interviews and I'm still trying to get to my natural colour before I get to Florida! (this has more to do with me not wanting to colour my hair out there and let my natural highlights come through)... if you are worried then you could try a non permanent colour and see what that looks like. My hair colour is naturally fair/dark blonde (this was discovered after YEARS of first bleaching my hair and then going really dark and then quite red) and I've realised that I would actually really like my hair to be its natural colour, its not that bad!
    So for the pre-screening and the second interview my hair was red-dish although its not my natural colour, it certainly passes for it. As long as your hair colour isn't very obviously pillar box red/white blonde/black if thats not your normal colour then I would play about with non perm hair colours. Be aware - those colourants (say colour-b-4) don't work! They make your hair neon orange!
    But I went to the screening interviews with a brownish-reddish colour and that was fine, because it still looked pretty natural for my colouring. For the second interviews (which was only a couple weeks after) I had major roots but was determined not to colour my hair as I decided they had decided my hair looked natural enough. As long as its not VERY stand out, then I wouldn't worry too much at this point :)

7. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey you don't need to have natural hair colour for the screenings but it would look more professional. The only reason I wanna dye it is cos I have bright orange hair after cosplaying as Misty from Pokemon for Comic Con lol

I dyed my hair brown for ICP 2010 cos i'm naturally blonde but my roots come through, I thought if I dyed it brown it would be easier cos I wouldn't have to keep dying it all the time.. When I was over there, there were girls with bleached blonde hair and people at work with like purple and stuff in their hair :/ They say there strict but I think it's only really for traditions then after that, unless ur roots are insanely standing out then they're not really gunna say anything.

8. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Awww thanks and no problems, I have become addicted to this forum and it is always fun talking to other people! I was equally relieved to receive the confirmation as I'm kind of bursting to apply and didn't think I could handle another year of waiting :D

Hey there, glad to meet another newbie :) As this is my first time applying I probably am not the best source for advice, but if it helps I am doing a cover letter. I'm guessing it won't hurt to do one but likewise if you were not to do one, I'm sure you wouldn't get rejected for it or anything. Good luck for your application!

9. DisneySparkles

AllyBallyBee, I'm a first timer, too! :) I've just been waiting for this since 10th grade :p

I'm thinking of possibly starting a youtube account for my WDWICP experience, like I know a lot of others users have. I'd start it soon, while the CV experience is still fresh in my head, and keep going until I'm either rejected, or have completed my program. I know there's a lot of them already, but it's always good to see recent videos.

10. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

I was thinking about making vlogs too!
    All part of the fun. Though, im always real embarrassed sitting alone talking to a camera :p

But im definitely doing a blog though, might start that soon!

11. Phibbsj

Phibbsj New Member

Where do you put your contact details?

On you CV?
    On your Cover Letter?
    Or Both?

12. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

Hello! If it helps I am putting my details on both but as long as they are on at least one document, so that Yummy Jobs can contact you, I'm guessing it is all good :)
    Hello there fellow first-timer ;) It is so nice to have some company from people who will hopefully not nod off whenever I mention Disney cough*my family*cough, but I guess that's what happens when you have been talking about it for the past year or so almost daily, whoops! :-[

Regarding the vlogs I'm thinking of making one too, or at the very least just doing an old-fashioned written blog. However, I will wait and see if I make the final cut or else it could turn into an extremely depressing vlog/blog that kind of just trails off...Depending on how far I get I will keep notes as I go just in case Mr. Mickey Mouse is on my side :)

13. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

Omg, no one will talk to me about Disney anymore! Been going on about this for like 2 years and they stopped listening about a year ago. I dont think my family and friends think im actually gonna get to do it, so i really hoping to prove them wrong!
    Yeah, I think I might wait and see if i get at least into the Selection event to start a blog. But im just so excited about finally starting my application, i just want it all to go quick!

14. DisneySparkles

Well, you guys have no worries about me nodding off while you talk Disney, it's pretty well all I ever talk about :p

I actually don't have the same problem you guys do. Disney is such a beloved thing in our house that everybody brings it up at least once a day. Although, my Dad did say, "When someone starts talking about Disney, you're like a fox, pouncing on a week little bunny rabbit."

My family is well known for our love of Disney in the community, as well. When other people want to take a trip, they ask us for advice. When anybody has a "What was this character's name?" or "What country is this movie in?" question, I'm the one they ask. We do, however, need to learn to bite our tongues around people who don't know the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney World, or the people who think it's all one park, and that Epcot would be a section of the park, like Tomorrowland.

15. kerriejordan

kerriejordan New Member

My familys the same though! I was brought up in a very Disney household. We're all taking my neice to her first cinema trip to see Brave next week! So excited!
    But I think they're just sick on me talking about applying for this job, cause I backed out of Camp America.

Im doing my Year 2 dissertation on Disney! Haha.

16. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I love talking Disney, so count me in, alsooo guys, i can try answer some questions about working for the mouse if you have any, i did the CRP in 2009/2010, i mean obviously i only worked in the UK in EPCOT but i can try? :) like about benefits and time off and scheduling and stuff if you had any questions

17. AllyBallyBee

AllyBallyBee New Member

awww thank you, you may live to regret that comment though-I may not be able to think up any questions yet, but man when I do, I will probably start firing them off. You have been warned ;)

Same here, I have talked about this for so long that I am pretty sure my family thinks I will have a mental breakdown if I don't get accepted! If you don't mind me asking is this your first-time applying too?

I have a question: Can your family please adopt me? :D I suppose seriously my family are reasonable Disney maniacs as they would be so pumped if I got it (mainly because it would be a reason for them to go back), but I definitely take the crown for being Disney Crazy in my household!

18. DisneySparkles

ParkyPants - Here's a question that's been bothering me: At most work establishments, hours of operation are the same week to week. How does this work at Disney with the extra magic hours? Like, one shift on a Monday would start an hour later than the next, and the nightshifts would be really long sometimes. Is there any sense of regulairty?

19. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hmmmm well, i used to work at the Rose & Crown and we would only open for an extra hour on EMH [Extra Magic Hours] and so usually you would just do a shift that lasted an hour longer, or something you started a bit later, i knew a couple of friends who worked in cosmic rays in the magic kingdom which opened til midnight on some nights, and they used to only start at 4 at night, but other times they'd do like 11 hour shifts.., there isnt much regularity to be honest, the only thing that was similar each week for me was my days off, my actual shifts could vary from morning or evenings, i always go the same amount of hours a week though (36)

20. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hehee I don't speak to anyone off here about Disney cos when I did my program in 2010 some people got really annoyed saying I spoke about it all the time...Now I don't even tell any1 i've applied ='] haha

I can't do a vlog i'd feel weird on camera, I usually do a blog but i'm not sure whether to just update my site (the link in my siggy) with photos whilst i'm over there and short stories or whether to just start a new diary completely..what do u reckon :eek: