Aus/NZ 2013?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by brookie473, Feb 4, 2012.

1. brookie473

brookie473 New Member

Hey all!
    I know it's early but I'm looking to apply for Disney World in 2013! So excited!
    Does anyone know about whether they accept you even if you are studying online? I am studying a Diploma online through some college and am looking to resume my BA in English through open universities.
    Also, I am living in America at the moment, do you think I'd have to come back to Australia for the interview (this is if I get that far :p) or maybe somehow get one in america?
    Ha lots of questions.

Thanks soooo much!!
    Brooke.

2. cammysan

cammysan New Member

Hi Brooke!

Congratulations on taking the first step of the most ridiculously long process ever. I'm currently studying an Arts degree online through Open Universities, with my degree eventually coming from Griffith in Queensland.

The only trouble I had with the entire application process was getting what they call the Proof of Student Status Form (PSSF) signed. I went to Griffith, who beated around the bush for a while about it, ultimately I gave up, I went to OUA who said that they can't because they're just the administration side of things, and finally I went to RMIT, where I was studying at the time, they were extremely helpful and signed the form for me.

The moral of that story is ask the university where you are studying at the time of applying to sign that form. :D

As for the Living in America part, are you a permanent resident or just over there on exchange, if you're a resident, if you were to move to florida you could apply there part-time, and work for longer than the 12 months the ICP goes for. Or you could apply for the College Representative Program, which is the same thing, but I think they're only there for a few months... I may be wrong though.

3. niahtaylor

niahtaylor New Member

Hi Brooke,

Kind of reiterating what was said above but anyway... I'm studying extramurally in NZ and do most of my work online and it didn't seem to be a problem at all for Disney :) I agree though that the worst part of the process was the Proof of Student Status form! It was a hassle trying to find the right person to send it to and then when they went it back they hadn't even filled it out properly, so when I went to my interview I was asked to get the university to do it again and then resend it. So I did that and at the time I was worried it would affect my chances of getting in but I was accepted so I guess not! Also don't know if this is relevant but when I went to the presentation/interview I was one of about three people who were there by themselves - everyone else was with a class and instructor from uni who was handling a lot of their paperwork. It was fine, I suppose it just means that as an online student, you might have to do a lot more of the process on your own.

I'm unsure about the whole interview in America thing, though. It seems like a bit of a waste to go back to Australia just for it, though! I have heard that for the college program over there a lot of people have phone interviews so maybe that's an option for you? You could maybe also try emailing the Disney recruitment team at wdw.aunz.int.recruiting@disney.com and asking about how you could go about it all. The couple of times I have contacted them they've been very helpful :D

Hope this helps a bit! Good luck!!

4. brookie473

brookie473 New Member

So do you know if it has to be a university? Like will the fact that I'm studying through a college suffice? Oh and do you have to be a full time student? :) thanks!

5. cammysan

cammysan New Member

Yes do email them, the lovely Cameron (so not me) is a great help, and they usually reply within one to two days.

6. amethyste

amethyste New Member

Hi there,
    Hoping this is relevant to topic, I'm new to the boards and have some pending thoughts on the Aus/NZ applications and in need of a bit more advice!

So what I've done so far is check out sites, found out STB isn't an agency for WDW anymore then applied via Internet on the ICP e-presentation about nearly two months ago (Jan 18th '11) recieving the confirmation auto-response email but nothing further.

Q: Is it too early to consider placing an email to the above 'wdw.aunz.int.recruiting' email again or should I wait to see if I get a response from the e-presentation system?

Brooke, if you ever do get a response relating to whether we need to be Full-time/Part time tertiary students I'd love to know the answer aswell! I'm currently in TAFE part-time, don't know whether it matters on what --"time" status we are.

Thanks!
    Sophie.

7. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Definitely email them! They're still accepting people for the August intake, and they're generally really on top of their emails - they'd be happy to give you some advice on your application process.

8. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Hi

Just come across this forum and I am wanting to take part in the 2013 program. I am from Melbourne, Australia and I have contacted the Australian office by e-mail and got a few replies but they do take there time. However they asked for my details name, email, etc. and then they would get back to me with further details on how to apply but I haven't heard back yet and it's been a couple of days.

So just wondering basically how do you actually apply for this program it is so difficult to find an answer to that question. Also do you think there is a good chance on being accepted or do a lot of applicants get declined? I fit all the requirements but still a little bit weary don't want to get my hopes up :'(

9. amethyste

amethyste New Member

Thank you Smunk, will be emailing them shortly :)

10. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Not a problem! =)

I know, they really do like to take their sweet time with their replies! They always take around a week to get back to me when I email them. I've heard a whole bunch of different ways people have applied, but the way I got in was to send an email just inquiring about the ICP. They got back to me with a bunch of info about the program, and when they were next having Disney presentations in Melbourne, and also sent me the link to the application form and other paperwork to fill out. So I filled it all in and went to the presentation, had my interview there and then in person, and then heard I'd got in 9 days later! It sounds so simple writing it like this, but basically I had no idea what I was doing until I went to the presentation. So I'd say wait til they reply and then inquire about Melbourne presentations. They tend to hold them at Melbourne Uni, RMIT, VU, William Angliss, and maybe another one I can't remember.

In terms of the number of applicants being declined, I'm not really sure, but I'd suggest that you put down a couple of preferences when you fill in the form about Disney roles. I got my first pref but I have heard of people getting their second pref - I haven't heard of Aussies being turned down completely but everyone I know had put down at least 2-3 preferences. Hope I helped you!

11. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Thanks for the information! Happy to hear that it actually takes them a while to reply to everyone and it's not just me. I really hope they end up replying soon I just want to apply so I can wait for further details. Oh great news, I will for sure pick a few options now just to give myself more chances of being accepted.

Do you know what dates it starts if I want to do the spring program?

12. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Our spring or their spring? All Aus/NZ programs start in either early August or early January. I'm heading there in August this year and my start date is the 4th. But a bunch of Aussies/Kiwis started a couple months ago in January on the 7th (I think).

13. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

I seriously have no idea on what's happening after getting replies from them I finally gave them my details that they wanted about 3 weeks ago and now no reply since. I really want to apply for the Jan 2013 program. Seriously what's up with them and not replying to emails.

14. Rhianne

Rhianne New Member

Hi everyone :)
    Thought I would try and help out here.
    I have just got accepted and during my Skype interview the lady said that they are still trying to wrap up/finalise applications for the August intake.
    I also got this sent to me in an email when I started to apply:
    "Candidates who are interested in a future date (2013 and beyond), should apply at a presentation in mid 2012; these dates are yet to be determined and will post to the international website."
    I also wanted to add through my process disney has been wonderful with prompt replies (less than a week tops)
    Hang in there and hoped this helps !

15. brookie473

brookie473 New Member

Oh thanks! Yeah I heard they were putting up the dates in April so quite soon :D

16. Aussie6484

Aussie6484 New Member

Hey guys! new to the forum and only just found out about this program. this is what i know.

im from melbourne and im studying my Diploma in Hospitality online with William Blue College of Hospitality. im actually flying up to the college to meet with the Disney people on may 25th. i could of had a skype interview but i want to do it face to face to make the best impression. so the dates for inerviews in Aus must be all around that time.

I really hope i get into this program, i never wanted anything so bad and im going to bust my ass to get in.

17. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Oh thanks Aussie6884, nice to know it's not long to Interview time.
    I am just concerned are all the interviews done on skype now? I have a really bad internet connection (mobile broadband) which lags pretty heavily when using programs such as skype. Is there not possible way for a phone interview? Might have to just get cable or something ::)

18. Aussie6484

Aussie6484 New Member

no. im not doing mine via skype. im flying up to sydney to meet with them at my college but i had the option to do it via skype. i assume they only do skype interviews for people who are not near the main city's

19. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

I live in Melbourne too, are they doing interviews here? or are they just doing them in Sydney?
    I would rather a skype interview anyways can have more preperation and feel more comfortable.

20. Aussie6484

Aussie6484 New Member

i would assume they will do them in Melbourne, the only reason im going to sydney is because thats where my college is and i wanted to my interview as student of the college (to see the presentation ect)