Aus/NZ 2013?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by brookie473, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Smunk

Smunk New Member

They'll definitely do interviews in Melbourne - I had my interview face-to-face at Melb Uni last year. Email WDW recruitment and ask when the next presentations are going to be - they do the interviews after the presentations if you bring all your paperwork along with you when you go =)

2. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Yes I read that they have done several presentations in Melbourne in the past. What type of paper work do you have to bring? I got an email saying they are having the presentations between Mid May and Mid April. Specific dates will be known in a few weeks.

3. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Also just want to know the chances of being accepted, like is it hard to get accepted?
    How many people apply and how many positions are avaliable for the Aus/NZ program?

4. cammysan

cammysan New Member

so basically there's a set of forms you need to have
    • Application form, which you will get a link to after you send them your resume
    • Proof of Student Status form, basically you just need to get your uni to sign it to say that you are studying, helpful hint, anyone studying via Open Universities go to the uni where you're actually doing subjects from, much easier than getting the uni you'll graduate from or OUA, they are useless...
    • Your Role selection form, basically it's a list of all the roles they offer on the AUS/NZ program and you select which one you'd love to do, then in your interview they'll talk about why you chose that one.
    • A photocopy of your passport, to A) show that you're prepared to go flying half way around the world for them, and B) so that they know you're not lying about your name, age, country of origin, shit like that...

I'm not sure on the acceptance rate, though if you're passionate enough about what you do, for me performing, then you're bound to get in. What the recruiters don't want to hear is "I love Disney, I love Mickey, I want to marry Aladdin" that kind of thing, it's just like every other job.

Hope this helps and good luck. Would be great to see you all over there in January!

5. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

Hey Cammysan,

Which program are you doing? Is it just the Aus/NZ Work Experience 12 month program?

6. cammysan

cammysan New Member

Yepp :D

7. Leashie11

Leashie11 New Member

Hello. I'm Alicia and I'm literally 5 minutes into these boards..

I'm starting the long process for Aus NZ program, 2013.
    Unfortunately, I've got to get my Australian citizenship first...

I was just hoping to meet and get to know some Australians applying for the program.

I'm partly doing this for my confidence and self esteem.
    I'd love to meet some new people who love the same things and have the same goals.

Also some help with understanding and whats available..

Anyway, I'm Alicia, I'm 20, I live in Sydney, Born in the UK.
    I have Facebook, twitter, deviantart, Skype. etc.
    I'd love to get to know you guys. :)

talk soon. ^_^

8. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Hi Alicia :)

I'm also in the process of applying, I have the presentation to attend in a couple of weeks. I really hope you can get your citizinship in time!
    I also wanted to get to know people before starting the program (considering I get in) just to have that reassurance of knowing people before I even get there. My biggest fear in doing this program was getting there and no one opening up to me.
    Btw I'm Dylan from Melbourne and I am 19. I added you on MSN if you don't mind. :) I'm so nervous about applying but I really need this program to further myself too I have a feeling this program does wonders for confidence!

9. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Dylan and Alicia - good luck with your applications! I hope you both get through =)

Just so you know there is absolutely no need to be worried about not knowing people before you arrive! I'm heading over in August, and all the other Australians/New Zealanders who are heading over then are part of a Facebook group, and so we all get to know each other before the program starts, organising meet-ups and just chatting to each other over the net. I was a bit worried when I first got accepted that I'd arrive and be thrown in the deep end - not knowing anybody and struggling to make friends right away - but I feel like I already know a whole bunch of people who will start with me, and am a lot more excited about leaving in less than 4 months!!

10. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Wow, You made me feel so much more confident in applying now. That is the biggest fear of the program but knowing there are facebook groups and everything is great news. Now all I have to do is get accepted. I pretty much ticked every box on the role list except Character peformer so hopefully I get a spot don't really mind what I get but would love to work with an attraction it's the dream.

Also with us Aus/NZ participants do we have a face to face interview or just a phone interview? And we make an arrangement for a interview at the presentation right?

11. cammysan

cammysan New Member

Wow 110 days till we start Smunk.

As for interviews you can either have one face to face at the presentation, if you've got all your paperwork sorted out or you can arrange one via Skype if you need to submit your paperwork electronically.

Word of advice, the Proof of Student Status form will come back to haunt you if you get accepted before August, I assume. It did for Sofia and Me, we were accepted in September/October last year, and had to resubmit it in order to get our visa packs. Which still hasn't come!!!

12. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Grrrrr stupid PSSF! It is definitely haunting me - I want that pack dammit!

Our start date is getting closer, I'm so excited =D

And Dylan - you do make interview arrangements at the presentation, but if you're like me and have all your paperwork with you you can just ask to do it after the presentation. That's what I did, got it over and done with, and then just waited to hear if I got accepted. Otherwise you can do it over Skype if that's easier.

13. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

I noticed on the Disney Programs Blog that the dates of the presentations for applicants of 2013 have been announced. They've already started!

14. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Wooo! So I just got my congratulations email. I will be working in operations ;D
    Has anybody else from Melbourne got accepted for Jan 2013? And those in Sydney applying next week you pretty much only have to wait a week to find out the result of your interview which is good! I'm so excited but it's like 7 months away.

Just wondering what happens now I sent an email back saying I accept the offer. After that what happens to those who have already been through this stage?

15. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

Congratulations! Hopefully I won't see you as I'm desperate for Attractions, but you never know. Is your program 12 months?

16. Smunk

Smunk New Member

When I got accepted I sent back my email accepting my offer and just over a week later I got another email thanking me for accepting, and giving me a link to the onboarding page, which has FAQs and info about what the Disney Look and what you have to do before leaving for Disney. You then tend to get an email every 1-2 months giving you a little more info, and just generally getting you more excited!

I just booked my Visa appointment, August is getting so close now. I've already been waiting eight months, and there's still two and a half months to go! The waiting is the worst!

And Rafito—Congratulations!!! I'll be doing operations in Jan 2013 too =D I start operations after I do character performing. Very exciting!

17. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Well operations is working with attractions, I am sure it's the same thing ;) And no my program is for 6 months but if I really love the program will extend to 12 months. The interviewer said it's quite easy to extend your time as long as you have low absents.

And Smunk thank you! It's quite shocking how long the wait is I have 7 months to go. I was just wondering after I get my next email thanking me for accepting will that include the dates of the program etc? And when do you think I should go for my visa interview considering I start in Jan? Wow operations in 2013 as well, I might see you around!

18. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Well your acceptance email should've included the dates of your program, so from memory the next one doesn't. It basically just said 'you have a lot to do, but don't do anything yet until we contact you in a few months time', but not quite worded like that haha. You don't do anything about your Visa appt until you get your Disney welcome pack in the mail, which you'll get about four months before you're due to start. That includes all your Visa paperwork, which you need to bring to your interview. So basically for now you just let yourself get super excited and just wait til you get your welcome pack in about September! Waiting sucks!

And definitely might see you around in 2013!

You're also right about operations and attractions too - I know in all the emails I've had for Disney they interchange the words 'attractions' and 'operations' pretty regularly!

19. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Oh yes I see, thanks for the info I feel much more aware of what's happening now. In the email it said the dates are not known yet but will let us know when they're finalised but I'm sure it starts Jan 6th from memory of my interviewer. Ahh now I just want my disney pack! But glad I have a few months to just relax and think 'GOING TO AMERICA' before I actually have to start worrying about getting everything sorted.

20. Smunk

Smunk New Member

All I can say is start saving now! I wish I'd started saving properly earlier... when you start adding costs - flights ($2000), Visa ($300), insurance ($400+), hotels before you start ($100+), AND spending money for your first few weeks, it gets a little scary!! I am working my butt off atm trying to save as much as I can =/