Aus/NZ 2013?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by brookie473, Feb 4, 2012.

1. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

I haven't even been to the presentation yet, but I've already started saving just in case haha. My entire tax return this year will be going into savings for the program.

2. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Ahh yeah I am lucky I have been saving since I was 16 so I don't even have to work too hard to get the money. I am planning on going to New York for a week before it and flights from NYC to Orlando are pretty frequent and only cost about $250 best option for me considering flights from Melb-NYC are SOOOOOO much cheaper than a flight to Orlando.

3. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Most people going to Disney in August are flying from Australia to LA, which you can get flights for pretty cheap, and then either flying to Orlando from there, or travelling via NY or whatever. I got my one way ticket Melb to LA for $860 which I was pretty thrilled about =D

4. Ren013

Ren013 New Member

I'm only just starting to realise how much I should be saving. I haven't even been accepted but am looking at $700 just for flights and accommodation to get to the interview (pretty big investment for something that may not work out).

If I get accepted (really, really hoping) there's flights, not just to America but to get to Sydney in the first place, travel insurance and everything else. I'd really like to spend a couple of days at Universal at Wizarding World of Harry Potter before I start the program and would like to take a Disney cruise while I'm there too. Plus I've been told it's a good idea to buy a cheap car there.

So if I get accepted I will probably just completely give up on having a life until I leave.

5. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Congratulations!! ;D I got an acceptance phone call last night for the January 2013-2014 Merchandise/Operations program :D I'm so excited to be going :D
    Btw, I'm Kasey from Perth and I'm 17 :D I went to Melbourne for my interview at William Angliss at the start of May!!

Is there anyone else who has been accepted? :)

6. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

Congratulotions to you! The Sydney presentation is this Friday, hoping I'll be able to come back in two - three weeks with some good news from me too haha.

7. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Good luck ;)

8. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Oh really! I was at the William Angliss interview too *high five* 8)
    Anyways congrats, I am working in Operations too.

9. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

Haha i probably saw you!
    I actually cant wait even though it is 200 and something days away :D

10. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Oh and how come you got a call when you got your acceptance? Everyone else has got an email. And did the person over the phone tell you the exact starting date of the program or is that still not set until next week?

11. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

He said they didnt have my email on file and that he liked to call people to hear their reaction, and then I told him my email and an hour later I got the Congratulations email.

He said it starts on Jan 9 2013 until Jan 3 2014 :D

12. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Oh! Fantastic news. Was kinda hoping it didn't start to late Jan so I could still attend the Aussie Open but at least the 9th is better than the 2nd of Jan like I thought.

13. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

;D
    I am actually surprised that I got into the program haha I am in my first semester, first year :p Disney has faith in me :D

Instead of going to the Aussie Open youll be working at DISNEYWORLD :eek:

14. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

Oh really? Me too I am in 1st year too :) I was starting to become concerned thinking imagine I got there and everyone was in there 20's and I am just this young teenager. But yes you're right I just want it to be like September when we get out 2019 package and then can start booking flights etc.

15. Gloofty

Gloofty New Member

hehe :p

Same, I haven't read about anyone being under 20 being accepted :L its still a long wait haha have to finish this semester and next :)

16. cammysan

cammysan New Member

congrats everyone who got accepted! Sofia and I got our visas approved on Tuesday. so now its feeling really real.

There is a guy who was 17, still in year 12 and is coming over with us in August. he recently turned 18 so its all good.

17. Yecats

Yecats New Member

Thank you cammysan and congrats to you! August is so soon :eek:

Wow so this guy who is 17, is he in school or has he been studying?

Ive been worrying because I am only studying a cert 3 and I am willing to study a cert 4 next semester if that helps but If I knew that the cert 3 would be enough I wouldnt bother studying so I could just save extra!

I just want to know now, so anoying lol

I bet your super excited and nervous at the same time :)

18. bern1992

bern1992 New Member

To the people going this August, what is your program finish date? Just wondering if there is any kind of overlap.

19. Smunk

Smunk New Member

Yayayayayayay Cam! I'm so happy we got our Visas, this is really happening! Woo!

The 18-year-old is doing VCAL I believe, so getting some sort of certificate at tafe while still technically a high school student. Don't know what the certificate is though...

And Cam and I are doing the year long program, so from August 4 this year until August 2 2013 =D

20. Rafito.

Rafito. New Member

They can't just deny your visa can they? Like as long as you meet the requirements such as You're in a full time course, and are taking part in the disney program it's like impossible to get your Visa rejected from what I heard.

Did you guys who are going in August book your flights after you got the Visa or before?