Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

So this forum is designed for Australians going over (however like our country, all are welcome) to Orlando next year (January or July)

Aside from general discussions (flights, medical insurance e.t.c - learn from each other!) , I think that if you want to chat on here the best thing to do for your first post is to answer the below questions

- Who are you?
    - Where are you from?
    - What are you studying/what have you finished studying?
    - How long are you going for?
    - What job/s did you put down for your preferences?
    - General Thoughts!
    - Have you had an interview e.t.c?

Anyway - lets get acquainted guys.

so.excited.

Also - check out the facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disney-International-Program/132489576798465

2. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Hey :)!

Mitchell
    Brisbane, QLD
    Just about to finish a Bach of IT at QUT
    12 months
    Operations & Merchandise
    This program is going to be amazing!
    Yep, already been accepted :D!

Can't wait to get over there! Let the saving being, lol..
    Cheers,
    Mitchell.

3. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Hey ::)

Ash
    Dublin, Ireland
    Photography
    May-September 2011
    Photo Pass Photographer, Shop Assistant, Attractions
    Loved Disney since I was a few months old, and have always wanted to work in a theme park, so this job is perfect for me ;D
    No, my closing date for applications is Oct 25th, so I'd say my interview will be late Nov/Dec

4. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Nice to meet you Ash!
    Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll be fine :D!

5. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

heya ash!

Nice work! - no doubt you will be accepted! :D

Wait - how did you apply for a photographer?

Nevermind - mitch and i applied for the Aust/NZ International College program, what did you apply for?

6. Aisling

Aisling New Member

I haven't.. I thought that was one of the jobs available to ICP? Please tell me it is :'(
    I'll be happy doing any job in Disney anyways (well.. most)

I haven't put down my preferences yet.. My closing date for applications is the 25th, and I don't know when my interview will be yet

I'm applying for summer ICP (non aust/NZ one obviously)

Have you guys had your interviews? How'd they go?

7. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Hi! I'm Keri from Australia :)

I finally have all the documents signed and ready to be emailed tonight, yay.

I know one of the questions asked in the interview is "why do you want to work at Disneyworld?"...I'm not sure if this is supposed to be an easy question to answer or not but I'm struggling with it. My answers just don't seem "right". Does anyone know the correct response they want to hear?

Any help would be great :)

Thank you

8. Aisling

Aisling New Member

There's no right answer, they just want to know if you really want it. Make sure you emphasis somehow that you don't think its going a holiday though, and you know there'll be work involved.. Even though there's no right answers, there's plenty of wrong answers, like 'I want to ride Space Mountain' or 'Eh.. Cheap holiday.. Duh!'

9. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Haha ok thanks, my answer to it isn't that bad lol.

:)

10. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

Hi my name is Shannon
    I am from Melbourne in Australia and i have been accepted, going over 16th of july 2011 for 12 months and will be working in QS food and bev and then merch
    Very excited but still agggeeess to go
    Im also very much looking forward to going to Harry Potter world at universal! :D :D lol

11. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

I have no idea if it's one of the job opportunities for you, but I know it definitely isn't for Australia / NZ.
    Both Tom (On3thousandwords) and I have had our interviews and been accepted and given our roles :).
    The interview was great. It wasn't like any job interview I had ever done before. It was more like a sit down chat, just talking about what you liked about Disney, what you could see yourself doing there, and just being generally excited about the opportunity. As long as your positive, and happy (but not like crazy pshyco over the top happy) you'll be fine!

Hey Keri,
    Nice to meet you :)!
    How did you go with the question?

Hey Shannon, nice to meet you :D!
    Congratulations :D! That time will go super fast, especially if you're still at uni, or working full-time to save!
    I'm working in Operations and the Hospitality for 12mnths from July 16 as well :)!
    Haha, the company that 'cannot be named' :p.. I can't wait to go too! :D!

12. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

Yer I'm working like 24-7 at the moment cos i want to take over as much savings as possible! I'm at uni over the summer as well which isn't that fun but oh well it'll allll be worth it in July :D Glad i'm not the only one going in July lol

13. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi guys!
    I'm from New Zealand, and have been offered a place starting July 16th 2011. Just waiting for my background check to come through now.
    I'm just going for 6 months, but if I like it, hopefully I'll be able to extend for the full year.
    I'm gonna be a vacation planner! I dont know what that actually means haha and I can't find anyone else who has done that job so it's all new for me.
    I had an interview the night of the presentation at uni with the american recruiter.. nervewracking! But I'm sooo excited yet nervous about going. I'd love to meet other people going then too!

14. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

OMG me too!! Looks amazing! Defintely will be at the top of my to-do list while in Orlando!

15. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

OMG definately i am so obsessed with Harry Potter at the moment it is going to be so much fun!! I thin ki will be spending a LOT of money there lol

16. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Me Too!
    We can go together haha!

I'm excited about all the other non-disney things to do there too, like the flying manta coaster at sea world. Wow looks amazing! And the outlet malls... drool.

17. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

yay! lol yes omg the shopping is going to be EPIC lol

18. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Hey, nice to meet you too :)!
    I've still got to apply for my background check yet :S.. Should probably do that super soon!
    Nice, I reckon that will be pretty cool actually, getting to chat with people about what they want to do, then organising a holiday around it for them :)!
    I'm pretty sure everyone that's posted on this forum so far is starting 16th July 2011, so I'm sure we'll all meet eachother the day we get there :D!

19. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Oh, BTW, Tom (On3thousandwords) and I have got a blog disney.mitchellcouchman.com!
    Its basically just somewhere we can talk about all the organising, etc to help everyone else out, and then a journal whilst we are over there.
    It would be awesome if you all checked it out and commented, etc :D!

20. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yay :D
    It's so good knowing other people who are going on the same day!
    Your blog is really good by the way, just looking at it now :)