Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Yep, you will be able to use all services that are restricted to America, like Hulu, and Netflix, and certain YouTube videos. The restriction happens based on your IP address (which is used to determine where you are), not on your type of computer :).. You can actually use those services in Australia, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get it working.

DVDs are slightly different, but yes you can definitely play them, but that is a software thing, so if you buy one over there and can't play it just let me know and I'll put different software on for you :). The software that comes stock on your laptop will probably let you change region up to 4 times, so that should be fine. You're currently region 4 (Aus/NZ) and USA is region 1, so it will probably ask you to change your region to 1, do that and it will last the whole time your in the States, then just change it back to region 4 when you get home :)

Yer, my saving is still going horribly, I keep buying stuff.. But oh well :p

2. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Thanks so much :D

3. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

hey guys - is it too late to make July 2011? i just confirmed details on the e-presentation yesterday but STB didn't indicate what time period they were recruiting for.

4. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Hey Broady,
    At this time of the year it's very likely they are recruiting for Jan 2012. You can email Ash at STB (stbwork@stbpacific.com.au) and see if there is any chance of making July, but there might not be many roles left.
    Good luck, and let us know how you go :D!

5. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Yeah I emailed and have done the e-pres and am awaiting back info re dates. I'm actually contracted (but can leave if need be) At my current employer til end of august anyway. Looks a cracking adventure!

6. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

They might still have a couple of places left...I guess you will find out when STB replies lol.

Gosh guys I remember 4 months ago when we were all saying how we still had 8 to go. We're half way there! :D Plus only 29 days left in March haha the welcome packs are getting closer!

7. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah, if you want a good choice of roles you'd want to wait until January.. all the less-popular roles get left at the end haha :)

Good luck anyways!

YAY for March :D

8. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

meh 6 more months = more money to spend over there i spose - define "good role" for me though - i dont htink I want to do "custodial" - but attractions seems fun - i went to disneyland in December and if it was something like jungle cruise or stuff like that would be pretty fun to do

9. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Custodial was an AMAZING role and I wish I had gotten to do more than a 10 week program in it. Loved every single second of it!

10. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

It depends on the person as to what they consider a 'good' role..
    I just meant that you'll have more of a choice if you applied for January.. rather than having no choice and being forced into a role which you might hate but not be able to change later :)

11. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Can I do the role where you test rides an food to male sure they are fun/tasty :p

12. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Wow literally 10 min ago Ashleigh emailed me for a July 2011 application! So who knows (as I have asked if I can apply for Jan 2012 instead).

13. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Wow that's awesome.

Ok well back in Novemeber the only roles left available were Lifeguard and Operations for 12 months or Recreation for 6 months. So i didn't have a choice in roles lol but someone who was accepted in January said they had Lifeguard, Vacation Planner and Character Performer to choose from. I guess it depends on Disney's quota at the time.

14. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

15. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

yeah in the end it came down to lifegaurd role only so i passed - the one job I am totally unable to do (completely inept on my own in the water - let alone being responsible) no point in making a goose of myself! she did say applications open sometime this month for Jan so I'm on the list of people who have expressed interest so fingers crossed!

16. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Well best of luck for the January application :D! I'll still be there, so I'll see you over there :p

17. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Goodluck for Jan :)

18. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

thanks guys hope you all have a easy stress free start to your programs - you can all show me the ropes when i get there!

19. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Most definitely, we will know all the tricks by the time you get over :)

20. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

haha maybe most importantly the best nightspots? Don't worry I'm sure i'll have lots of "dumb" questions to ask you "experts" if i get accepted as to how to go about things :p