Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ks.91

ks.91 New Member

So I just thought I would poke my head in and introduce myself. I'm Kyah and I shall be hanging around Disney for 12months come July! Originally from Sydney however a few months ago I convinced my family to move to the gold coast. Just got my diploma in Event Management (I don't advice anyone do it... or maybe it was just my teacher?).

Oh and most importantly I shall be operating the rides and selling you all the cool disney stuff :p

2. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi!! Nice to meet you!
    Are you all excited and counting down like the rest of us?? Haha (118 days btw!!)

3. ks.91

ks.91 New Member

haha not yet, I'm trying to distance myself so that it doesn't seem so far away (that said I've already started living out of my packed suitcase... most prepared I've been in my LIFE) that and the fact that I'm way to busy lol. Go my best friend for deciding to move forward her wedding at Disney.

4. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Nice to meet you Kyah :D!

P.S. Nice choice on moving to the Gold Coast :p

5. ks.91

ks.91 New Member

I moved up 12months ago on my own. Conviced the family to move up in december just before I actually told them I was moving to Disney, They think I'm avoiding them or something.... hehe

6. goldilocks

goldilocks New Member

Can I be super nosey and ask what everyone is doing for flights? I'm only just looking at booking mine now after getting STB's email about them. I emailed the student flights contact they gave and asked if he could provide me flight details leaving from Auckland and all he emailed back was something along the lines of "I'd love to help but need to know where you're departing from...give me your number and I'll call you" lol. Sometime later still no call...

Are most of the Australians going on the group flight? I'd love to fly over with other people on the programme but if I don't get any help from student flights I'm just going to book my own flights soon.

What are the new zealanders doing?

Would love to hear all of your plans or opinions on the matter!! Thankyou!!! :)

7. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Hey Rebecca,
    The flights that STB suggest are WAY overpriced!!!
    Most people I know have booked their own, it ends up being way cheaper, and you can get in a bit earlier if you want to (although you'll have to find accommodation as you don't move in to the Disney apartments till the day you're registered to start, for me it's the 16th of July).
    Checkout these two Facebook pages, they're full of Aussies and Kiwis:
    facebook.com/dipjuly11 (there are a few people on here that I know are flying out from Auckland too)
    facebook.com/group.php?gid=35662506554

Also, a great place to get cheap flights is expedia.co.nz

I hope that all helps a bit :D!
    Any more questions just post them up :)..

8. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hey Rebecca
    I'm from NZ, and I'm not going with STB.
    I met a girl also from NZ on facebook, and we booked flights together so we wouldn't fly alone, and we are meeting up with some girls from Australia in LA, for our flight to Orlando.
    I'd recommend booking flights ASAP because prices are going to keep rise as fuel prices go up :)
    Like Mitchell said, try expedia :)
    and join our facebook groups :)

9. goldilocks

goldilocks New Member

Thank you guys! Lol there is soooo much info on the Facebook discussion boards! You guys are so much more onto it than I am. I better get started with my flight booking!

10. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Hey everyone!

Wow it's been ages since I last posted. 69 DAYS!!!!!

11. illumis

illumis New Member

Hi guys,

Thought I'd add my 2 cents :)

- Catherine
    - Melbourne, Aus
    - Completed a B. of Design (Multimedia Design)
    - 6 months, but hoping I can apply for an extension later on.
    - Selected Merch, Attractions and F&B
    - I didn't apply until late Dec '10/Jan '11 so when it finally came round to the interview, the positions I had selected were all taken, and only life guard, vacation planner and character performer were left. Considering I haven't swum for quite a few years, and can't act, I ended up with the 6 month Vacation Planner role

I'm feeling a little apprehensive, but excited as well. Never been to a Disney park before so I'm thrilled to be on this program and getting to meet everyone else :)

12. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Nice to meet you :D!
    How's all of your preparation going? Have you sorted out visas and flights, and all that stuff yet :)?

Also, make sure you check out:
    facebook.com/DIPjuly11

13. illumis

illumis New Member

Hi Mitchell :)

I've booked my flights. I'm spending a week over in LA first, then a week in FL before we actually start. I just need to sort out my visa.

14. sgecoco

sgecoco New Member

hey guys

my dd is 12th of july !
    I didnt't received my package so far!

I want to fly at 05th of july for visiting friends in seattle. i will arive in orlando 11th of july, someone else?

15. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi Catherine

I'm doing 6 month Vacation Planner too! I think it sounds like a fun role, apparently its one of the best ones to get in terms of normal hours and stuff!

I only know one other person doing Vacation Planner and I can't find much about it on the internet, but basically we sell tickets out the front of the parks :D

16. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Haha Catherine I had the same problem. Except in November they didn't even have the 6 month options for me so I'm doing lifeguard and operations for 12 months. Lifeguard was definitely my last choice. You and Jess will have great hours :)

17. tanna3

tanna3 New Member

Hey everyone

just got accepted for the Jan 2012 intake very excited.
    Merchandise and Operations

Are any of you doing the year long program if so see you there :)

18. AmyJC

AmyJC New Member

Hey Tanna3,

I'm Amy and I have been accepted for January 2012 as well! I am in operations for 6 months only!:)

19. tanna3

tanna3 New Member

really so excited kind of want to leave now after finding this site.
    Where about are you from?

20. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Congrats!

I'm leaving in July for a year, see you in January! :)