Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Yer, it's cool to know that you won't be the only one trying to unpack all your stuff and move in on that day :p..
    Thanks :D! I've already read yours, just waiting for updates :p!

2. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Oh yeah, I'm just waiting on my background check so I can send it over to STB and hopefully get some more info from them.. also waiting to find out if I'm able to extend my program from 6 months to a year.. STB are waiting on a response from Disney so fingers crossed

I feel like I shouldn't post random crap to my blog unless it includes actual information haha :p

3. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

YES!!! - replies :) wh00t.

*this will more than likely be all over the place - fyi*

@Keri - Hi!!! good luck with the interview! (have you had it yet?) if so, how did it go? As for your question on what to say when they ask why do you want to work for Disney, I just said that I want to work for Disney because what an experience, not only being in America but having the opportunity to better myself and gain a far superior work ethic to the one that I have now (thankyou retail), to meet new people from all over the world and just have a great time and that I think I will be able to represent the company in a manner befitting Disney's standards.

@Shannon - Heya & Congratulations! :) - ahhh you get to work in Merchandise? I put down for that but I got Hospitality instead (working front desk e.t.c) I am most certainly not complaining though - at least I'm didn't custodial :p It's awesome that your also doing the year - and your absolutely right about the moneys - I am going to have to be such a tight ass for the next 8 months :S my friends will more than likely hate me but oh wells, I would rather go over with too much money than not enough! I don't know about you but (touch wood) Mitch and I end up in the same room (you can apply for this - if you didn't know, although that information i suppose is only useful if you are going over with friends) because we want to go and buy a huge TV with Xbox & speakers :p.

Sucks that you have uni over the summer :( - although whatever gets it done faster! Mitch is graduating at the end of this semester whereas I will (hopefully) be finishing mid year next year, just in time to go!

And no - you are not the only one going from Australia, there are at least 3 now :p - that's why I started this thread - to hopefully get as many Aussies (although doesn't have to be) together in one place to meet and greet!

@Jess - Hi! :) nice choice on the position! - I was thinking about vacation planner, it looked epic! wow - your on the ball with your background check - Mitch and I should really get onto that :S

Hey did the person doing your interview ask you what park you wanted to work in?

@Jess & Shannon - you will love the outlets :p I went crazy in the Vegas ones - SO CHEAP ;D my sister hates me for being in Orlando - she <3's harry potter thus extremely jealous.

Did you guys say what you were studying? - I'm too lazy to go back through and look haha

ALSO/Finally what date were you all looking at heading over - I know the STB peeps said not to book flights but Mitch and I were looking at them and you can get to America on the 30th June (examples here) for $1500 but on the 1st July it jumps to $3000+ ( RIDICULOUS ) - Mitch and I managed to get a flight from Brisbane to LAX on the 11th July for around $1240? We figure that heading over early (into LA) gives us some time to get the body clock adjusted as well as have a little holiday before the woraction (work+vacation - why didn't i just say that...looks cooler)

anyway - hi again!

wonder how many people will end up posting here by say June next year?

I'm going to go ahead here and assume you all have facebook :p
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Disney-International-Program-July-11-Intake/115335758524464

Anywho, back to work :)

Ciao

4. 0n3thousandwords

haha thats what blogs are for! - crappy information :p - you never know who will find it useful.

Also, dunno about you guys, mitch and I plan to get our vlog on.

@Mitchell - even though i will probably ring you to explain this, theres a high chance your on here not doing work - so i was thinking if we started vlogging now - it would be an awesome to do like what our lives are like here then what they will be like in America? yes? okay.

and that's how decisions are made.

5. goldilocks

goldilocks New Member

Hey @0n3thousandwords. I just wanted to check that I read what you said above correctly...you said you can apply to live with a friend if you're going over with one? Me and my friend are going over together next July from NZ and would love to live together!

hope this makes sense...its my first time posting on here!

6. 0n3thousandwords

Hey "insert name here"! :p

yep :)

I was wondering about this from the get go and fortunately somebody asked the question in my presentation.

They would be silly to think that people aren't applying with their friends and would obviously like to live with them, so yes, you can apply :) I have been told by Ashleigh from STB that you can do so a month out from the date (16th June 2011).

I will be asking a month and a half out :p

Hopefully that helps!

You said this was your first time posting! welcome! share your information with us :) what did you apply for e.t.c

oh and 0n3thousandwords = Tom

T ;D

7. goldilocks

goldilocks New Member

Hey Tom! Nice to meet you :)

I'm Rebecca, live in Auckland, applied for and got accepted for 6 months in merch and my friend's doing exactly the same.

That's really funny that you were told you could apply to live with friends. When we had our presentation we had the recruiter Jenni and some lady from STB (can't remember her name) and when we asked if you could apply to live with friends STB lady said "no" straight away!

I didn't think to ask Jenni about it in my interview which would have probably been the smart thing to do!

Awesome that you've been told we can do it though. Going there will be fun enough but having your friend as a roommate would make it perfect to me :p

Thanks for your help!

8. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

No, when I had my interview, they didn't ask what park I wanted to work in.. but the job description thing says I could be working in any park in any given week so I'm hoping I'll get to work in all of them!

Um, I'm studying Film/Tv/Media and Politics.. Like you, I have half a semester left next year, I'll finish with like 2 weeks to spare before we go!

Nope, haven't even looked at flights, because STB said they might try to organise a group flight which I'd be keen on because I don't want to be a loner! And yeah, I had to get my background check straight away, Ashleigh at STB said, because she can't give me anymore info until I get that back (luckily its free for NZers!).

AND I have facebook, I joined the page. If anyone wants to add me, my addy is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/jess.coakley

9. 0n3thousandwords

Hey Rebbeca!

Mitch and I had a group interview with Jenni!! She was awesome! :)

Hmmm - that's weird that the STB chick said that, oh well Ashleigh said we can so :)

Your right though, it's awesome that we are going over but it would just be that much better to be with a mate In the rooms - especially because (I don't know aboutnyou guys) but I'm taking SLR, laptop e.t.c so I'd like to have someone I trust!!

Look forward to talking more with you :)

10. 0n3thousandwords

@Jess - nice! That's right, with that position you get to move around. I asked whether or not we would be able to move around in our positions (operations and hospitality) because I'd love to work everywhere but alas unfortunately not :(

Your degree sounds awesome!

Yeah I was going to wait to hear about flights, but one of my friends who is over there now doing the program told me that it's seriously cheaper to sort it all out yourself. She organized her own flights, insurance e.t.c

I've printed mine out - will probably send off Monday morning! - seriously blows that it costs us money :(

My facebook is www.facebook.com/yurghi for anybody who wants to add me!

11. 0n3thousandwords

Oh just thought I'd add if you want to add me on FB add a personal message letting me know that your from here!

12. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

So, how old is everyone?
    I'm 21. (Everyone I meet thinks I'm like 18 lol.)

13. 0n3thousandwords

14. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Oh - @Mitchell and @Shannon - I've linked to your blogs on my blog, hope thats cool with you! Figured people might want to read what other people have to say as well :D

15. lu1gi

lu1gi New Member

heeey guys =)

so I haven't applied yet but am looking to go in july next year.. just waiting for my passport to come in the mail & then i'm set to apply! hopefully I get in... but by the sounds of it most people do?? Can't say I've read of any aussies not being accepted =)

am looking to to operations/attractions & merch... or lifeguard.. or quick food & bev... cant make up my mind! loll =(

hope too see u guys over there =)

16. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Oh good luck with your application!!
    I think it's pretty easy to get in provided the program isn't full yet!

17. lu1gi

lu1gi New Member

hehe thankyouuu! well seeing that they were still taking jan applicants a few weeks back... im thinking july can't be full just yet.. lets hope =)

18. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

22, turning 23 whilst we're over there :)

No problem at all, I shall link you back :)

You should be able to start the application process before you get your passport, at least send an email and get the ball rolling :)..
    Oh and good luck :D!

19. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

Hey guys! My name is Karina, Im 22 years old, from NZ and will be going to disney July 2011 :D
    super xcited!!!

20. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

YAY another Kiwi! Yuss!! :D
    Have you joined the facebook group? (if you have facebook that is haha)