Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

yes ive joined the stb australia fb group! :D

2. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

Thats cool Jess :)

3. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

Im 20 turning 21 like 3 weeks into the program!!! party!!!!! lol

4. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Join this one:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Disney-International-Program-July-11-Intake/115335758524464

Theres only 3 of us on there at the moment lol. It's specifically for those going in July :)

Oh nice! We'll party up!
    I turn 22 over there. Exciting!

5. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

yeah last time i went there i wasnt 21 yet so looking forward to partyin in the states this time :) I will be 23 by the time the program starts actually! haha

6. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

@Tom...I think lol. My interview is Thursday and my answer will be a lot like yours (the experience, meeting new people, it's a great opportunity etc.) so hopefully it all goes well :)

This is so exciting, it seems like most people who apply get in so fingers crossed!

@lu1gi I started my application before getting my passport because there a couple of forms that need to be filled out so it might be a good idea to start soon :)

Just a little bit about myself I guess...I'm 20 and I study nursing. I applied for the 12 month program in merch/front desk and hospitality but I would be happy with any job just to get to work at Disney :D

7. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi Keri!
    Good luck with your interview, let us know how it goes!!
    I assume you are applying for the July intake as well??

8. lu1gi

lu1gi New Member

oooo good luck keri! yeeeeh i have all the forms almost filled out... just have to trek back into uni so I can get it signed by them! I keep trying to push disney out of my mind bcoz im swamped with assignments atm... but as of tomorrow im a freeeee woman! hehe =)

but not having much luck on the 'keeping my mind off disney' approach.... damn assignments! i keep flicking between my word doc.. & disney blogs =P

i honestly dont know what im gona do if i dont get accepted......... lolll... kinda basing my next 2 years on the fact that im gona be over there & travelling the worrrrrrrrrrld =)

9. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Me too! Oh god, I need to study for my 3 exams, but everytime I come online, I'm obsessively checking this forum, my blog, other people's blogs, the facebook group, random googling of disney world stuff.. everything APART from studying. My mum can't understand why I keep googling everything when its still months away haha.

Don't know HOW I am gonna get through another WHOLE semester of uni next year before we go!

10. mr.collins

mr.collins New Member

Jake Collins
    18 in December
    Already accepted
    July 2011 - July 2012
    Character performer/operations

Super pumped !

11. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi Jake!
    Wow you're gonna be a character performer?! That's awesome!
    Do you know what character yet?

12. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

Hey lu1gi (whats your real name?)

haha yup I'm pretty sure Aussies are a certain to get accepted, although don't take my word for it! I'm pretty sure July wont be full haha

Nice :) mitch and I scored operations and hospitality, we are pretty chuffed :) - And at this stage we have sent away our criminal checks and the rest of the paperwork so we are just hanging out now to figure out what to do with the Visas.

APPARENTLY the interviews for the Visas are held in Sydney? If this is the case, mitch and I were planning on making a weekend out of it and I (and I can safely speak for mitch) think it would be an awesome idea if we all met up :) except for you people in NZ, sorry :(

thoughts? (once again though, don't hold us to that - we haven't heard anything about the Visa interview, merely speculating)

Hi Karina! :) welcome to our little *whatever it is. so you have been accepted? :D what positions did you get offered?

(im just going through the posts that I have not read since I last posted, so once again apologies for the disjointedness!)

yay for us all being 21+! ^_^

I too will be turning 22 over there (October 18)

good idea :) be sure to let us know how it goes!

@lu1gi & Jess - I hate studying haha and I only have 1 exam to study for!!!

And finally - Welcome Jake!! Congratulations on your acceptance!

Actually that wasn't the final there...

here it is..

For those of you that haven't joined

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Disney-International-Program-July-11-Intake/115335758524464

and seeing as how we are sharing blogs

tomcdaily.blogspot.com <-- thats my personal one :)

alrighty guys! toodlepip!

13. lu1gi

lu1gi New Member

LOL... my name is linda :p

i wasnt gona join that fb group until i was accepted.. but heey might as well do it now seeing that im procrastinating soooo bad. honestly.. looking like an all-nighter tonight! oh well... should be the last one in a long time! thnkgod :)

the visa interviews are in syd?? reaaally? well that sucks.. although im fairly sure we have an american embassy/consulate in melb.....wait actually... that's if you're from melb! haha

aaaand i will be 23 by the time i'm at disney... feeling kinda old hahaa

14. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Lol how nice of you, leaving us out.
    Jokes.
    :D

I've spent 8 hours and 32 minutes on this website all up apparently. Now that is kinda sad. LOL

15. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

Hey I gt quick service food n beverage, wasn't my 1st choice but I am sure its all good :D
    I was keen to do character performer cuz I am a dancer but I am not keen to be inside those costumes all day haha
    btw, jake do you have to audition? what happen if you don't pass the audition? will u be offered another position?
    I am the same as everyone elses super obsess with googling things about Disney! even thou I've been to disney world twice!

xx

16. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Wow, I thought I had been on for ages at 3hrs and 52mins :p.. Well done, lol..

17. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Oh gosh....I just had my interview. It was a bit all over the place lol. My interview was for 7 but they didn't receive my details so it had to be quickly done at 8 before another person.

If anyone is interested on interview details: they asked how I found the program, what I study, how I feel about living with people from all over the world, my three top skills at work (I hate those questions), how living with house mates is, any challanges that we might have had, my top achievement and if I can swim because only life guard and recreation are left.

I reallly want to get in but I don't feel very confident about how it went, it was so weird using skype. Oh and she was really interested in the facebook group haha.

It sucks for you guys still doing exams, I have finished mine already hehe, but that means there is nothing to keep my mind off of this program.

Anyhoo just thought I'd share some details. Bye :)

18. lu1gi

lu1gi New Member

uh oh....u totally just popped my bubble... im really nervous now if they're already almost full!

just got my passport in the mail so just got go to uni today to get stuff signed........ :-\

19. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Oh I'm sorry! They do have places left but only in those areas. Are you applying for 6 or 12 months? She said for 6 months it's lifeguard or recreation and for 12 months it's lifeguard and attractions :) Also if you are sending your stuff by email you have to send it page by page, I found out the hard way haha. Goodluck! :)

20. lu1gi

lu1gi New Member

ooookai that half made me feel better! loll but stilllllll freakin out a bit! i just sent off my stuff except my student status form.. will get that signed in a few hours hahaa

what do u mean page by page?? liiike... separate emails for everything? i just scanned my stuff and sent them all attached as dif jpgs?? i hope thats okai.. guess i'll find out!

i wanted to do attractions... lifeguard am a bit iffy on! i can swim but its the whole.. u have someone elses life in ur hands! o well... just needs get thru this damn application stage first! :-\