Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Lol yeah seperate emails, annoying I know, but when I sent through my app I sent all the forms at once in the same email but 2 weeks later I hadn't heard anything so I sent them an email asking if they had received it and it turns out that they can't receive huge files. They told me to send one page at a time, so one per email :s very strange, but it worked lol :)

I hope it's true that pretty much all Aussies get in!

2. lu1gi

lu1gi New Member

sigggghhhhhhhh... so after a long day of freakin out over disney & finishing off ma last assignments.. i have finally emailed all my stuff! had to do the forms twice coz now it's all on the net? the form is practically exactly the same!

o well... lets hope im not too late :-\

3. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Good luck guys!!!

4. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

+1
    Good luck :D!

5. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

So STB emailed me today. Turns out I can't extend my program to a year, I'll just have to complete my 6months and see if there is availability then to stay for another 6months.
    Sigh. Oh well, will still be amazing!

6. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

Yeah :( unfortunately that is the case... I'm pretty sure they mentioned this to us in our presentation, they said it was kind of a gamble kind of thing? if there's a position they may offer it to you or there might not be anywork..

Hopefully there is though! ^_^

7. aussiedisney

aussiedisney New Member

Hey Everyone,

Just got accepted today for July 2011. I'll be doing Full Service Food and Beverage/Hospitality.

Can't wait to meet you all. Anyone else from the Sunny Coast??

Jayden

8. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hopefully! Fingers and toes crossed!
    I wish I had've put down a year in the first place! Lol
    Oh well. See how it goes.
    Or else, I'll hopefully be able to reapply and go again.
    OR work on the cruise line lol

9. 0n3thousandwords

hey Jayden, congrats man!

Looks like you'll be working with Mitchell and I on the Hospitality part :)

10. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

anyone else doing quick service food and bev?? x

11. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Hey jayden, congrats!

Just out of curiosity how long after your skype interview did it take for you to find out if you got in or not? :)

12. aussiedisney

aussiedisney New Member

Thanks guys.

That's awesome. Yeah I think Hospitality will be alot of fun Tom.

Well I had the skype interview on Tuesday morning Keri. Found out I was got in by email on Friday morning. So only a few days.

Defiantly keen for a catch up with others before the journey over to Florida.

See you all soon...well kinda

Jayden

13. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Thanks for the reply :)

14. AshleyNZ

AshleyNZ New Member

Hey guys!

I'll be going for 6 months, doing Recreation :D It will be right after I graduate and turn 21! Yayyy

Is anyone else's bg check taking ages?? It's not like I have anything on my record.. wonder what's keeping em

15. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

Hi! yer im doing QS food and bev for the first six months...kinda nervous bout that one, hope i dont have some terrrible job lol

16. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

yes im nervous about it as well! is not my 1st choice (even thou i said it was cuz i was nervous mayb? dno wat i was duin!)
    hope i gt bartending or sth else thts not too gross! lol

17. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

hey Ashley, yea my background check is taking ages too! It says tht it will take 20 days but yea i cant wait to get it and send em to stb!

18. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hi Ashley!
    Congrats! I'm going for 6 months too, right after I finish uni too lol.
    YES, my background check is taking FORVER! It feels like I sent away for it ages ago, i hope it comes soon because I want more info about visas and stuff from STB

PS. did you join our July Intake facebook group?

19. 0n3thousandwords

@jayden - I just realised you asked, is anyone from the sunny coast. Mitch and I are in brisbane. And we should most definitely all try to meet before we head over. that would be good! (for the people in greater brisbane/brisbane area! - sorry NZ friends haha).

And yeah man, I am actually looking forward to Hospitality! - although if you have a look at the change over date, its <b>right</b> before christmas :p yay*

@AshleyNZ - Congratulations! W00H00! I will also have just graduated when I head over (touch wood - *note to self, organise a meeting with course convenor). Would you extend your role if you could?

20. 0n3thousandwords