Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. AshleyNZ

AshleyNZ New Member

@Jess + @Ka_disney Haha man that's exactly how I feel. I think it's "only" been 2 weeks, but as STB keeps us on a need-to-know basis I just wana send something else in to get something back.

@On3thousandwords I kinda want to extend.. but at the same time I reckon I should get a job related to my degree lol. We'll just have to see how the first 6 months go! Are you wanting to extend already?

I better get back to study if I want to graduate ><

And dw, I've just joined the fb page :)

2. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

My background check is taking forever too, although I've got them sending mine straight to STB, so that should hopefully speed up the process a bit :)..

A meet up for the Brisbane people sounds awesome as well, I'm definitely up for that :D!

For any Aussies on here, do you know if we have to go to Sydney for our visa interview? I heard that they have a US rep up here in Brisbane every now and again who would be able to conduct the interview so we don't have to go so far.. Maybe we should see if STB could organise that?

3. shaz_2011

shaz_2011 New Member

Hey there is a US consulate in Melbourne in the city i think, so im fairly certain we melbournians wont need to go to sydney for our visas. There doesnt seem to be one in QLD judging by what i can see on the website, but im sure they send representative,s but yer you would probably have to look into that and like see what dates they will be near you etc

4. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Theres 21 of us in the facebook group now!

How awesome is that!!! :D

5. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Nice, that's lucky! No, unfortunately there's not one in QLD.. I did read something about them sending representatives though, so I might look in to that a bit more, thanks Shannon :)!

Haha, quite awesome indeed :D! At least we'll all know at least 20 people when we get there :p

6. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

I just received my acceptance email!! Yay :D

Lifeguard and operations :) :)

7. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Congratulations!!!!

8. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

I can't wait for next July! I hope STB do a group flight, it would be sooo much better than flying half way around the world alone! haha.

9. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Are you from NZ or Australia?
    I'm sure you've mentioned but can't remember lol.

My first email from Ashleigh at STB said they were looking at organising a group flight (but maybe that's just for nzers?) which I agree, would be great, cos I am too scared to fly by myself, not to mention going through american airports & customs!!

10. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

I'm from Aus. Haha same, I would get completely lost at LA X and miss the connecting flight or something lol.

Where did you get the little count down from? :)

11. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Nevermind found one :)

12. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Congratulations :D!

13. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

hey anyone know if we can take disney courses if we only going for 6 months? thx :)

14. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

I'm pretty sure you can, they didn't say anything about them being restricted in the presentation :)

15. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Ok, so people on the facebook group ignore this lol..
    But has anyone else NOT recieved their welcome email from disney?
    I am WORRIED because I know that others have theirs and I don't have mine :( I emailed STB about it and they haven't replied yet. I hope they haven't got my email address wrong, that happened last time..
    I just want my email so I will be reassured haha

16. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

Yup, I got an email the other day :)

Anything yet?

And congratulations Keri!!! ^_^ well done! - where abouts in Aus are you?

17. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Thanks :) I'm from Hobart. It sucks because it's so far away from everyones meet ups! Lol.

I haven't received a welcome email yet either Jess but I wasn't accepted until a few weeks after you guys so maybe send an email to stb? :)

18. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah I emailed STB yesterday but no reply yet.
    I prob have no reason to be worried haha, but then my paranoia kicks in and I start thinking crazy thoughts, like "oh no, they didn't recieve my email saying i accepted" or "they have my email wrong, oh no"
    hahaha, i need to learn to chilllllllll :D

19. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

20. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yaaaayyyy my background check finally came! Now just gotta send it to Ashleigh. What a long process lol