Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

2. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Karina inspired me to come up with a design as well :)!
    Could be put on any piece of clothing, the hoodie is just an example :)..
    Let me know what you think.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Mitchell.

3. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Oh I like yours too Mitchell!
    I like them both so much, you clever people!

4. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

looking good Mitch! one thing i must say that I think the July 2011 writing is too small.
    Okay, now the problem is which one should we go for? should we do a vote?
    I already have 5 girls ordered my tee but I still haven't order it because I am still waiting for it to get approved by Disney.
    X

5. McSweeney89

McSweeney89 New Member

Hey All,

My name is Shaun, and I'm am heading over in July for 6 months working in recreation!
    I live on the Gold Coast, and I'm also planning a road trip from Orlando to LA for a month once the program is over before heading back to Oz.
    Speak to you's soon :)

Peace

6. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hey Shaun!
    I'm going for 6 months too =]
    A road trip from Orlando to LA sounds amazing! Who are you going with?
    I'm planning to go to LA and Vegas after my trip if i can find a travel buddy - i'm not too keen to go alone haha

7. AshleyNZ

AshleyNZ New Member

Ahhh I'm in recreation too! Finally someone else.. Do you reckon we'll be working in the water parks?

My bg check finally came! The day after I left Auckland lol. The building manager is sending it over so I'm waiting for it again... :-\

8. McSweeney89

McSweeney89 New Member

NZ_Jess- Yer it should be good aye. Me and my 2 mates from uni are all coming over so where going to rent a car, then head over. I'm sure there'll be hundreds of people with the same intentions. It won't be hard to find someone wanting to go to Vegas lol

AshleyNZ- Yer I havn't heard from many people doing recreation, most ppl i know are going in as a lifeguard. I had a look on the website and we could be working in the waterparks, around the marina's with the boat/bike rentals or working in other sections like the arcade games etc.
    Hopefully we get to find out before we head over.

9. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

Hey Shaun, nice job mate!

Mitch and i are planning on just flying over to the west coast once we are done and drive in a loop from San Fran down to San Diego then up the coast to LA (obviously stopping at places in between - ie Vegas YEOOOWWWWW ^_^)

Although that will be in July 2012...

Do you go to griffith man? Were you at the seminar back a couple of months?

With your mates going too, you know you can apply to all be in the same room? (just letting you know, that's what mitch and i plan on doing anyway - who knows, if we end up having a meet up before we all head off - once again sorry our NZ friends we could all just apply to be in the same place *shrugs*)

Has anyone heard back from ashleigh lately? I sent my BC ages ago now (couple of weeks) and had aus federal police send it to her, but I've got no confirmation or anything?

Cheers guys!

Remember recommend the shiz out of the july 2011 Facebook page!

10. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

@Shaun Congrats :)

@Tom are you sure we can request room mates? I was reading someones blog (it's up on the STB facebook page) and she said that they already have your rooms assigned before you get there :s Also I emailed Ashleigh yesterday asking about the police check so hopefully she will reply today. Perhaps just send her an email? I doubt she would mind :)

11. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I don't think anyone is getting emails back from Ashleigh lately. I think maybe she's not there? Because I got an email from Karina at STB. If it's urgent though, you can always call her, I gave her a call last week, got in touch with her straight away, and she was really nice :)

I heard the same as Keri though, about roommates, that you are pre-assigned. I also heard that they try and assign you to rooms with people from other countries so you have to meet other people. I dunno though, I guess we will find out eventually from STB. Otherwise, I would definitely wanna room with people I (sorta) know like you Keri haha :D

12. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

@Keri and Jess
    We asked about it in the interview and we were told that we can call housing before hand and ask to be put in the same room. They won't give any guarantees but they'll see what they can do. So we're just gonna call as early as possible to give ourselves the best chance :)

13. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

We better be able to room with people we want too - otherwise imma be PISSED.

This isn't a school camp, Ill meet plenty of people, but I like to know that at thet end of the day all the stuff in my room is safe (ie with someone i trust/know) and im with people That I get along with e.t.c /rant.

And for the record, we were told by (was it Jo?) the Disney rep that we could request rooms.

I'm going to get onto it SUPER EARLY, only because if we have to leave it in the hands of one else it may not get done (I do have faith but i know that if I could gett in contact with housing it would be better at least that way I know contacts been made e.t.c)

Worst case scenario i will just throw some benjamins at who ever is in mitchs room to swap. Or vice versa haha

14. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Haha your last line Tom made me laugh. Sounds like you guys have it all sorted, when do you think you will call?

15. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Okidoke so I received an email from STB, they have my police check, YAY :D and are going to ask Disney to re send the welcome email. I also got Karina so I think Ashleigh is away, like Jess said. I think the next thing we get is the welcome pack? It seems so weird that some of the Jan people still don't have theirs....this might be a long wait lol.

16. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah, she said she was gonna get disney to resend mine too.. wonder how long that will take before I should email them again haha.
    I heard that some of the jan people are still waiting too! But i heard you are meant to get it approx. 5 weeks after being accepted, which is like now for me.. so who knows. Hopefully we won't have to wait as long as the jan people though!

17. Peever

Peever New Member

You will be lucky if your able to get into a room with someone you know right from the first day. Im not sure if they ahve different procedures for the ICP but with CRP you got whatever it is you got and had to wait 2 weeks before requesting to move in with people you know, unless there was some extreame reason to bump it up. At the whole trust thing etc with roomates. In al honesty I can 97% garuntee youll love your roomate and have a fantastic time with them. Dont get me wrong there are some morons there etc. But from my experience with 5 total strangers we all got along so well and have remained great friends since leaving the program.

If your worried about things in the room there are lockers provided and things such as laptops etc can be put in them no problem. Be open to new and exciting things :). And if it doesnt work out you can always move. Like I said if you move in and you realize right away that things are going to work, make your way to housing and explain it all and they will assist you.

18. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

guys, half of the point of the international programs is to MEET NEW PEOPLE, from DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD, if your going to get
    paranoid about being in the same room/apartment as someone you dont know you need to get over it, fast!

if you throw a hissy feet, stamp your feet and demand a swap your going to look like an idiot...

you have a locker for your laptop,camera etc but you shouldnt be taking anything thats crazy expensive anyway, and yeah, you might need to grow up and try trusting your room mates, they have to trust you with their stuff after all......

19. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

20. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

....I'm just wasting some posts because I can't find a delete button. Sorry :)