Australia and Others - July 2011 :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by 0n3thousandwords, Oct 5, 2010.

1. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

I think you've gotten a bit upset there for no reason "Lemondrop105".
    I'm looking forward to meeting new people, that is half the reason I wanted to do this program in the first place :)
    I'm not paranoid about moving in with someone new, and there's definitely going to be no hissy fits or demanding.
    The main reason between wanting to be in the same room is the fact it would be easier to share stuff. Sure I can share stuff with someone new, and I have no problem with that, but it's always nicer to know the person and how they will treat your stuff.
    At the end of the day it's not a big deal, we'll put a request in and see how it goes, and whatever the outcome is will be fine.
    No need to tell people to grow up.
    Cheers,
    Mitchell.

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

errr ok you may want to go back and re-read your original post because you have kinda contradicted yourself.....

"ohh we better get to live with people we want to or (and i quote) "imma be pissed" ---------- end quote

Im not getting upset mate - ive done a 12 month program at disney so trust me when i say, having that kind of attitude isnt going to win you any friends and if thats how you feel then this isnt the right thing for you to be doing!!!!!

what i meant was that the whole point is to go over and embrace change, get to know different people etc - not to go over and slot into some pre-arranged home from home with people you already know!!!

anyway, sorry about the rant, it just didnt sound (from your 1st post) that you really had a clue what the living siuation is like there!!!

3. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

You're quoting two different people Lemondrop105.
    Like I said in my last post, I'm looking forward to going over and meeting new people, having new experiences and the time of my life.
    I don't see what your big issue is with wanting to be in the same room as a friend. We'll still be living with new people, learning their cultures and embracing their ways, just at the end of the day we'll know the person sleeping in the bed next to you.
    Please stop jumping to conclusions about peoples attitude towards the program based on the fact they would like to be in a room with someone they know.
    This whole thread was started with the idea of getting to know new people, and to talk about our planning and how excited we are for the experience that will undoubtedly be once in a lifetime.
    I can't wait to meet everyone in Florida, and make new lifelong friends from all over the world.

4. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Just added Karina's, Jake's and Ariesha's blogs to the links on our blog.
    Awesome to see so many people blogging :D!

5. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

Hey lemondrop...thank you for your input - I have however, respectfully, chosen to ignore every single word of your obnoxious, arrogant rant :)

You did your stint two years ago - oh right, I just realized, nothing could have possibly changed in the program in two years...the program that you didn't even do?

Please, go and troll your own threads and not ours.

Kthanxbai

;D

On another note, has anyone received their welcome pack yet?

6. Bundu

Bundu New Member

So yeah, I'm heading over in July 2011 for the WDWP.... I sent in my Criminal Records check back in October.. It's almost December now.. and still no reply as to them receiving it. Getting a little bit worried, because it does say that they had to receive it within 28 days or something like that. /Sigh

I'm going to be doing Quick food and bev for the first 6 months and then operations in the last. Anyone from Brisbane!?? =D

7. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Hey Bundu,
    Welcome to the thread :D!
    Congrats on getting in to the program.

You should give STB a call, as I don't think they will let you know when they get it (did you have it sent straight from Federal Police to STB?). They've probably already got it.

Yep, both myself and Tom (On3thousandwords) are from Brisbane :)!
    We're doing Operations for the first 6 months and hospitality for the second 6 months :D!

8. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

OK moving on from rants about living situations.. lets keep it about us Aussies and Kiwis who can't wait to get to July in 2011 :D

Hey Bundu, welcome to our happy thread! Hehe
    My background check took like 5 weeks to get back to me and then I had to send it to STB in the mail (because we kiwis couldn't choose to have it directly sent to STB).. I've had no reply that they haven't received it, so I'm just assuming they have at the moment.
    Have you received any welcome email from Disney? I know there are at least 3 of us (including me!) that haven't yet :(

9. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

for goodness sake, im hardly being obnoxious! get a grip!!!!
    yes i was on the program a few years back, im sure things have changed, however my point was simple, no need to get your knickers in a knot just because someone dared to challange your way of thinking! You may want to try and take advice from people who have already done it, usually helps!

jeeeez, and i thought aussies/new zelanders were nice, easy going people.....how wrong was i?!

10. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Okaaay, I agree with Jess. Lets all move on.

@Bundu I emailed STB last week to ask if they had received it, and they had...I sent it away around 3 weeks ago so yours should def be there :) Have you been to Disney World before?

So many people are from Brisbane! lol.

11. McSweeney89

McSweeney89 New Member

Reppin' Brisbane lol

12. 0n3thousandwords

0n3thousandwords New Member

Hey @Bundu!

fear not, you aren't the only one who hasn't heard back yet - im pretty sure all AUS people haven't heard anything - I'm guessing they are probably just busy with January coming up (dealing with last minute things for everyone going over then!)

Mitch and I also sent our CBC in Oct/Early Sept, so i suppose its just a waiting game! did you opt to have yours sent directly to STB?

@Lemondrop - I am open to advice! believe me! But for some of us ( i know i do ) I take comfort in that there is a chance that I will be rooming with one of my mates not only for security e.t.c but also for the "home away from home" feeling, this does not however mean that I am not open to meeting new people and what not, I am! I have a friend over there now and she hates her room mates - I just don't want this to happen, I want to look forward to coming home at night knowing that my room mates are awesome and we all get along. The reason for my comment was because before you, we had managed to keep this thread positive.

Australians and New Zealanders are happy-go-lucky people until you get in our faces - or unless (and I am talking as an Aussie) New Zealand beats us in Football.

WERE MOVING ON PEOPLE W0000!

@Keri - BRISBANE IS BEST, restepec :p

13. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Definitely going to have to have a Brisbane meet up :D!

14. McSweeney89

McSweeney89 New Member

Hey guys,

I emailed WDWCP regarding our welcome packs and where they are, and this is the response i got.

"Unfortunately, we need to correct the email that is sent as candidates are not getting their documentation 5 weeks after accepting. The Welcome Packets will be delivered after we receive all documentation and after DS2019s are processed. For candidates from Aust/NZ, the DS2019s are all processed at around the same time. Therefore, it will take longer than 5 weeks as the email mentions. We’ll make sure to amend the brandmail. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Best Regards!

Jeni"

The DS2019 form is our visa form, so if we are not doing that for a while then I imagine we won't be getting our packs until mid next year. Which sucks

15. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

That sucks. I guess it depends on how long DS 2019 forms take to process...

Have you joined the facebook group?

Haha I wish I could defend Hobart but lets face it...it doesn't have much going for it lol.

16. McSweeney89

McSweeney89 New Member

17. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

There is also this one

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131147473603719#!/DIPjuly11

18. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

19. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Hey Shaun, what email address did you use to email Jeni at Disney?
    I want to email them about my welcome email since i stilll haven't got it

20. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

I just found this...

"On the first day of a student's program, aka "Check in," he or she will go to the club house in Vista Way and register for housing. Baring personal preferences and special requests, those near each other in line will most likely be roommates. Friends desiring to be roommates are requested to queue near each other."