Australia/New Zealand Applicants for August 2014?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by cathyb93, Aug 16, 2013.

1. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

I couldn't find one, so I thought I'd make a thread for applicants from this part of the world! It's been quite hard finding people online who've completed the program, but I've finished reading all of the blogs I can find and I'm itching to have someone to talk to about all of this! I applied two weeks ago, which I think is quite early considering the presentations are in October, but I'm just so keen. Aah. Don't want to get my hopes up though!

2. lchong

lchong New Member

Good luck! Which university are you from?

3. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

Thank you! USyd :) You?

4. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

I will also be applying for the August 2014 intake. I'm from Melbourne. I didn't realise would could apply so early! I might have to get to it!

5. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

Your presentation/interview will be some time in the week of the 16th of September, since Sydney and QLD ones are the week before :)

6. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

Just booked my interview! So excited :D

7. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

How do you know the dates? Also how have you booked an interview?

The last time they came here they listed presentation dates and anyone could go along and then book an interview. I'm confused!

8. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

I applied online at the beginning of August and was offered options for presentation/interview dates. I think anyone can, this just fast tracks the process. I just wanted to really be on the ball so I applied online as soon as you could.

9. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

I've applied now too. So annoyed, I've been checking the program's blog for over a month and nothing was announced. I had no idea you could apply online already!
    Oh well, done now. Hopefully I hear something soon! I'm so excited for the opportunity to do this program!

10. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

I only found out while reading the info and seeing applications were open! Good luck :D

11. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

Just booked in my interview! So excited! :D

Cathyb93, what roles did you put that you were interested in?

12. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

Yay!!!
    Concierge, Vacation Planner, Merchandise, Front Desk, Operations. What about you?

13. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

Haven't filled it out yet, but thinking Operations, Merchandise, Character Attendant & Character Performer. Possibly Vacation Planner & Concierge but unsure. I'll send it tomorrow.

You're presentation/interview is before mine so you'll have to tell me all about it!

14. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

Character Performer would be so fun! I'm just wary of the heat inside those costumes hahah.

I'll make lots of notes for you! :D

15. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

Yeh character performer would be fun but it's not in my top 3 choices for the reason you said!

Yay thanks! I wonder how many people will be at each presentation/interview.

16. Rachotron

Rachotron New Member

Hi! I'm also applying for 2014 August intake! :D I'm doing my online application now. Oh, I'm also from Victoria.

17. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

Welcome to another Victorian!
    What roles are you interested in?

18. cathyb93

cathyb93 New Member

Hello! Best of luck with the application process :D

The interviews we've booked are one on one, right?

19. Rachotron

Rachotron New Member

Why thank you! :) I am interested in Lifeguard, Concierge, Recreation and Resort Hospitality. Even FSFB. I'm not super fussed.

Have you already got an interview date?

20. Kelz025

Kelz025 New Member

Yeh I have an interview date. They contacted me about a week after I applied. You should be fine if you've already applied now.

In the past the interviews were one on one but now that they have changed the application process a bit I don't know if they've changed that too.
    When was your interview cathyb93?