Average Income for Cultural Rep.

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by LuckyCharm, Nov 19, 2004.

1. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

Hey!!!

Can somebody tell me what the average income per week or month for the position as cultural rep. is?

I´m wondering how much taxes will be deducted, and what about health insurance? All former participants: what can one expect to get paid? Is it enough or do you need much savings? How much mones would you advise to take with you?

Thank you!!! ;D ;D ;D

NiCole

2. sarahuk

sarahuk New Member

Well, i was in merch, and if i did a 40 hour week i used to take home about $180 after rent, taxes, health insurance etc. Obviously you will get more if you do overtime - i think the most i took home in a week was about $400 (working a reeeeally long week). However, if you're working as a server you should earn much more than this.

Sarah :)

3. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

Hey!
    Thank you for your answer...
    I also applied for Merch. But I think it is not too bad the money. I think you can live well... Was it enough money for you or is everything expensive? How did you like your job as merchi?

Hava nice day

4. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Helloooooooo ;D

When I started we really had enough money to get through, working a 40 hours week and still having some back-up money from home.
    When the parks slow down and the hours die down with it, you might struggle a bit with the low income. It's enough for the living, but if you want to travel and shop you definitely need savings from home.
    Foods people always had so much more money to spend, they really didn't have to worry. But I chose merch and overall I really liked the whole job!

Laterz
    Julia

5. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

hey...

@ Julia: How much money should you take with you, I think 1000 Dollar isenough right? I´m lucky to have already 500 Dollars in Travellers, I didnt spend the money when I was over there. So I think 1000 is enough hopefully. And like sarah said, 180 Dollars is ok, I even expected less. They only thing you might need is food and money for certain trips restaurants and CLOTHES !!!!

NIcole

6. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Hey there! Trying to get away from studying, I'm such a bad girl!
    I think I took 600-700 USD with me, which was enough to get through the first months ( since I paid my flight with the credi card ). You have to pay some stuff when you arrive, like the first loan, some one-time-charges ( don't even remember for what, you gotta sign so many papers once you arrive and you just pay what they tell you to ), as well as groceries for the first little while. I had gotten a good deal of money from my grandparents while I was in Florida, so I didn't have to worry about the travelling, shopping etc. I came with two suitcases full of clothes and came back with about 5. Clothes are so cheap there and next to shirts, skirts and pants and all that stuff you tend to buy some extra party outfits. It's not really neccessary to bring too many clothes from home.
    And if you get to go to New York: Save a big deal before you go, I spent about 1000 USD in 4 days LOL :eek:

Laterz
    Julia

7. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

hey...

Don´t let you interrupt studying, I dont want you to fail :)

I also thought to take 1000 Dollars with me and then see whether I can make it through, but I think I wont spend 1000 Dollar for 4 days New York? Where did you stay? at Hilton`? Or did you buy a whole shop?? Oh my god... I think I have to save some more money. Yes I have heard that you have to pay about 80 Dollars for your apartment... Did you book your flight by yourself? Or can you book your flight by yourself?

Well first i have to keep my fingers crossed that I get a date because it is still so unsecure and I´m afraid... :-(
    Nicole

8. flavour

flavour New Member

i don't remember how much i spend in new york, but it was a LOT!! we stayed in a youth hostel so that wasn't expensive...but you go out, go to musicals, go sight-seeing, go SHOPPING!!! there's so many shops in nyc, at some point aou just lose control!!

later! flavour xoxo

9. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Okay, I wrote a reply for this a couple of days ago, but since my laptop has it's own little will it froze on me. So once more....
    When I say I spent a grand in NYC I don't only mean on shopping. I'm referring to the whole trip, so I paid about 200 bucks for the flight, went on a sightseeing marathon and we also went for a nice lunch and dinner every day. I still spent about 500 USD on clothes though. NYC is sooo amazing, just like you see it on telly!!! It's a MUST-GO-TO-PLACE, while you are down there in Florida. And I didn't stay at the Hilton, only at a small hotel right downtown!

Disney booked our flights to Florida by the way. It kinda sucks cause you could always find cheaper flights on your own, but on the other hand it was quite cool, cause this way you met all the other applicants at the airport already! Soooo exciting!!!
    They'll give you money for your flight back though and you can arrange that one yourself!!!
    Hope that helped...
    Laterz
    Julia

10. flavour

flavour New Member

i guess you could still ask to book your own flight there!
    but yeah, booking your flight back can be quite an experience, ain't i right, jules?? hahaha

later! flavour xoxo

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Well I thought you get your flight booked cause they want you to meet the other applicants and also because they pick up all people at one time in Florida...it would be kind of a mess with taking ID pictures and stuff if everyone booked their own flight.

Laterz
    Jules

12. flavour

flavour New Member

i heard from other countries though that they have to book their own flights...just check with noellie, she will know!

later! flavour xoxo

13. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm New Member

Hey!

@ Julia, Ok I understand that you needed 1000 $! The amount that was spent on clothes was high!!! :)

Hey I have also heard that you can book your own flight. I think you have to make sure to be at the airport when all the participants will be picked up. So maybe I will go one week before the meeting at the airport and stay at my aunt´s. I don´t know it´s so far away right now.

Have fun
    Nicole

14. uk_lad_Wiggum

uk_lad_Wiggum New Member

In F&B your average earnings always depends on how busy the park is. Once you've paid your dues on the podium and chip shop for a few months and make it into service, then your earnings go thru the roof potentially.

Americans generally tip about 20% of the check total, so if your working a 'mid' shift, morning service as well as evening service then you can get a nice little earner throughout the day if your lucky.

The most I ever 'walked' with in a day from serving at the Rose & Crown, after tipping out (& remember to look after your bartender guys and girls!, as well as the food-runner), was about $280, but I was absolutely run off my feet for twelve hours solid that day!!

Usually in a good to average day on a 'am' shift (just morning service) you can expect to walk with between $60-80 depending on how quickly you turned your tables. On a 'pm' shift you can expect to walk with an average of between $100-150 again, depending on how busy you are and how many turns yoour section in the restaurant gets. On a 'mid shift you walk with around $200-220 on a good day if your lucky.

The highest tip I ever got from one table was $100, that was a good day!!

15. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Just a question there guys...i got hired for F&B but i am starting on the carts. How long does it take to move up to the restaurant?
    Thanks

Robyn

16. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey,

How do you know that your starting on the carts???

Trace

17. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

I don't know...i guess i kinda assumed so cause that is what they said at the orientation. It would be great if i was in the restaurant right away! Actually now that i think about it, Eric did say something about the carts when i got the call. How about you?

18. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

I think everyone starts on the carts, correct me if I'm wrong. You eventually move work your way up into the restaurant and by the sounds of it, the amount of time it'll take to make that move is different for everyone.

19. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Perfect!! that is all i needed to know...Thank you :)

20. Baruch

Baruch New Member

Guys  don´t worry  about money, well  that´s for f&B  only  lol.

no for real, i had many merchandise friends, and they were able to have some fun, of course thay had to work many hours a week, at least 40, and then after a while they could go to NYC or just buying an anual pass for Universal Studios.
    If You are F&B, it depends of your pavillion, cos everyone is diferent, i´m not so sure now, but i think that Canada and Germany are Disney´s. and if u are in Alfredo di Roma, you are gonna be a rich guy, or in San Angel Inn in Mexico as well, i think that those are the most crowded restaurants in Epcot.

by the other hand take it easy, don´t worry about your times in carts or fast food, you´ll be on time for being a server.

believe me, being a server is not always so funny as u think, u gotta work a lot, maybe not many hours, but it´s a physical job, and if u work in a restaurant without runners u gotta do everything by yourself, but it means all the money for u
    someone said something about americans tiping 20%, that´s correct, but it dependes where are they from, if they are form the north, NY, Maine, Minesotta, Chicago, Boston, Michigan etc.. they´ll take care of u.... but be careful when u listen that peculiar southern accent!!!  noooooo! Texas, Louisiana and all the southern states.. they won´t tip u 20% (of course u´ll always find exceptions, but rarely)
    if they are from France, it can be a $100 bill, and they can tip u with $1, yes 1 Dollar, and i think that sometimes the UK´s are the best, but sometimes, because they tip u 10%, but they´re kindly, polite, and they´ll never leave u a dirty table.

ok everything is part of the experience, the good point here is not the money, the best in program is THE COMMONS!!!! your life is gonna be before and after the commons, remember that

If u wanna check out the experience why don´t u take a look in:
    http://groups.msn.com/disneyinternationalprogram

And remember guys, have fun. don´t worry about money, live your commons experience!!!

Baruch
    Mexican Pavillion F&B ´03-´04
    The Commons apt. 2812