Bad experience in rides!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jslussier, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

I almost died on the Duelling Dragons!... well, that might be a bit hysterical. But we were sitting ready to go, and when it went up the hill bit at the start, our row of harnesses all came loose! The alarms went off but it still carried on. Wasn't until we were pretty much at the tip until they stopped it. Was terrified!

2. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

OMG that's awful :eek: good job it stopped!!!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would have been shitting myself, thats just scary. eek!

I am hoping to go to las vegas next summer and i will be going on the stratosphere rides, they look amazing.

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

haha we got stuck in the hot environment bit on test track!

5. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

I got stuck in the fire bit on the Mummy at Universal in the summer.

It was pretty hot and we were there for like 15 mins, that was pretty bad. We just started being typically english and chanting, was quite fun actually.

But the WORST was at WDW last summer.

'It's a small world' stopped for like 10-15 mins which was bad enough as it is, but this baby (well child actually, blatently too old for nappies) did a crap and oh my god did it smell bad!!!

6. kate003

kate003 New Member

when i was younger we were on that mad mouse ride at the PNE in vancouver, like the muholland maddness at DCA where it goes right to the edge like you're going to go off then turns really sharp. but it was older and more sketchy. anyways i was sitting between my mum's legs and she was suppose to be holding on to me. she wasn't (the lovely lady she is) and when we went down a little hill I flung up out of the seat and she grabbed me right before i toppled over and out. it was so freaky.

it wasn't that bad but we got stuck in splash mountain for a good 15-20 minutes kind of between scenes with the music 'time to be moving along' going the whole time. we had practically nothing to look at and the lyrics were exactly what we wanted to do.

7. Cicada

Cicada New Member

That just makes me think of friends and how they made a good time out of a bad situation

8. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

Not quite as bad as being stuck on Small World, but the first time we ever went to Florida we got stuck on Pirates for about 20 minutes listening to "Yo Ho, Yo Ho" over and over on a loop!

And most unexpectedly scary ride ever ...... the Sun Wheel at DCA - it might LOOK like a pretty average big wheel from the ground - but its definately not for the faint hearted! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

9. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

That sounds horrific, but still...what a way to go!!

10. DisneyG2009

DisneyG2009 New Member

Oh just when I think I can't laugh anymore! I am in pain I am laughin that much! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

LMFAO, now that would be hilarious to see ;D

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I almost fainted after I came off mission space - had to sit down in the shop after and like 4 CMs asked me if I was OK!

And after I went on space mountain in DLRP, I almost cut off the circulation in my friends (and my) hands, and then I was SO dizzy when I came off I had to sit down for like half an hour (while my friends kept going on the ride I might add!) and then couldn't walk straight for like another 20. man I HATE going upside down :( (same effect but less potent on indiana jones in DLRP)

and, it wasn't scary, just annoying - but the cat in the hat wasn't working properly so we weren't spinning, but then it died anyway so we had to walk off! and that same holiday we got evacuated off thunder mountain as it broke (the computer lost our car!).

and on my friend's first visit to WDW (she came with us!) primeval whirl broke down when we were right at the top - we were almost the last people to be evacuated off! tho we got to go straight on the other side (but my dad lost where we were as he hadn't come on!) good times....

xx

13. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Alrighty, I've got two precious little gems for ya!!

Numero Uno -- Got stuck on It's A Small World, but not only that we were in the very last room/scene of it... sooo close to escaping the music... so very very close, and yet so very very far. After about 10 minutes a few of the younger kids on the boat started to get restless and thus the choir of screaming children commenced. Needless to say the thought of chucking them overboard did cross my mind once or twice... I blame the music on that one :D Nothing short of being dragged has gotten me on that ride since!

Then there was the time I was on Carousel of Progress, and as the seats were in the process of moving from one scene to another... we stopped! We were stuck between two scenes! So for the next 20 min or so I listened to two different scenes, talking about two very different eras, going on at the exact same time, followed by a rousing rendition of "There A Great Big Beautiful Tomorroooooooow" again... and again... and again... Pretty sure that by the end of it I was in a fetal position and rocking back and forth while muttering the song to myself :p

14. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm kinda glad the uk doesn't have attractions, i imagine the poor people doing that get shouted at when the rides break down!

15. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I cried.. on the alien encounter ride thats now been replaced by stitches great escape

then because i cried, my brother cried too, and then because we were crying, these other kids started crying too and they had to stop it and let us all off.... but then one child.. went to far.. and peed themselves ;l

they crossed the line!

16. mushu

mushu New Member

That was a really freaky attraction though to be fair...I was totally scared.

I also hope that I never end up sitting at the front of the log on Splash Mountain again. I slid out of my seat and (not being the tallest of girls!) ended up going the whole way down the chute lying almost on the floor!

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I think the alien encounter was the most undisney like ride disney ever built! It must of been so bad for kids..Even I was scared!

18. I hated alien encounter. Stitch isn't an amazing ride, 'specially by Disney standards but it's better than alien encounter.

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

was it stu?

20. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

I've never had a bad experience on a ride... ever!
    I love scary rides, nothing has ever broken down and nothings ever gone wrong.
    Though I guess this summer that record is bound to break
    I'll be there so long that something will have to go wrong (I'm guessing Test Track just because it breaks down so much)

I never went on alien encounter, but really wish I had, it sounds like my kind of thing.
    Yes, I'm twisted in that way.