Bad experience in rides!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jslussier, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Isn't the stitch one pretty much the same as alien encounter? Just they replaced the freaky looking alien thing with a cute disney alien?! ;D

2. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

Yeah I suppose.
    But I think Alien is one the best films ever made. I love the section in the Great Movie Ride.
    I just think I would have liked it better with the horror factor.

3. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

The Alien Counter thing just confused me if I'm honest, I was waiting for something to happen and it never really did. Saying that, I'd been swimming all the day before and had horrific shoulder sunburn. Them shoulder restraints had me in bother.

4. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Have I not put this here already??! Sure I have... sorry if it's a repeat!

Well last summer a friend and I had the evening off so went down to EMH at studios where obviously tracks led us to tower.
    We blagged our way through the exit and settled ourselves in a lift, buckled in, sat on the seatbelt to make it longer, arms up as if you are totally innocent all that and then we set off and up.

Then Becky turns to me and says... "I have.. a really bad feeling about this. Something's wrong" and I'm like "Don't be silly we've been on loads of times there's nothing to be scared of!"
    But then out of pure luck I went to check my seatbelt.... and the bloody thing wasn't in!!! I was just sat there, and freaked out cause by this time we were moving forwards towards the drop shaft. I freaked at becky who didn't know what to do so I turned to the total stranger to my left and freaked at her instead. She had a jolly good idea to link hands with becky across my front haha!

After the first drop I was having a fantastic time realising this was the most freedom I was ever going to get on tower since the demise of the lap bars. But yeah scary stuff! And if I had been a guest I would have complained my little socks off but I let it be.

5. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Hmmm never really had a bad experience, my girlfriend fell over at Downtown Disney and ended up in a wheelchair (just as they had no crutches left) for a week of our trip. Anyway the result of this was that, on the rides that have steps in the queueing system, we got to go backstage to skip the queue! That happened with Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain (cutting a 40min queue!), Kali River Rapids (just cos of the spinning loading bay. They let us stay on to go around again!)

On another note I made my girlfriend go on Everest 7 times in a row by constantly wheeling her on it muhahaha :)

6. Logan514

Logan514 New Member

i bawled my eyes out on alien encounter, an my mother just told me to suck it up cause i was ruining it for everyone else ahaha :(

7. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

oooh i loved alien encounter! kinda disappointed they changed the scary alien for stitch... i love stitch but that new ride is just sad! nothing ever happens! and i almost threw up when he burped... ugh smelled like rancid chilli dogs or something :-X

haha i'v only had 2 bad experiences in rides... both a bit lame haha

1) i was 7 and was forced to ride ToT... i was terrified and cried my eyes out for hours! -- must be why fantasmic is a blur for that trip haha... anyway, i love ToT now! even tho i'm still scared shitless! i get a nice kick out of the fear haha

2) last year on my bday, my dad took us to Six Flags in San Antonio Texas... i never pass out the chance to ride all the cool rides... even tho i'm extremely prone to motion sickness! so ended up riding everything, got nauseous, and threw up right outside the awesome SuperMan ride hahaha still kept on riding everything anyway for the entire day!

8. Spectacular Tats

Spectacular Tats New Member

ive got a similar experience with tower of terror. i was just tall enough to go on the ride and was really excited but thats just because my dad was funny enough not to tell my mom and myself whats gonna happen. well you can probably imagine that i really thought i was gonna die. i got out crying so bad, and guess who we met - snow white and the seven dwarfs^^
    got a picture with each one of them looking all swollen up^^

9. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

tower of terror seems to have given a lot of people grief

10. amanda

amanda New Member

Haha thats coz it terrifying! I'm not that comfortable with heights and did actually think I was gona die after going on it the first time. Having said that I keep forcing myself on it and enjoy it a little more every time :) The only ride I have ever been on that broke down was the carousel of progress! Talk about boring, I had to watch the whole thing twice in a row,needless to say i've never been on it again :)

11. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Hey I like the carosel! That was one of Walt's original ideas I'll have you know lol. To say it was created in the 60s I think its great, the animatronics, humour and the concept of the seats moving around the stage is fantastic. Years ahead of its time :)

I appreciate how it can seem boring compared to all the new and exciting rides. I just like the history behind it so always go check it out.

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

True Dan, some of it is good!
    I just hate the song - it broke down half way round the only time I went on it (I think I've only done it once....) - so we could hear each half of the two sides.
    ugh!

But, way ahead of its time, like It's a Small World I suppose....
    xx

13. amanda

amanda New Member

Haha yea I do appreciate that it was one of walts original ideas and it was good for its time, I'm not that into animatronics and things like that :) And having to go round it twice once after the other was just a bit too much carousel for me :)

14. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Haha I can understand that. Right outside there is a good character spot actually, usually for Buzz as its right near Space Ranger Spin.

15. And Stitch is usually around there somewhere hiding.

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i haven't been on the carousel of progress very much for some reason...i think maybe even only once. still, i enjoyed it :)

what's that one about walt disney's life or something...it's like a walkthrough and then there's a cinema bit at the end...i'm thinking it's in epcot for some reason. any ideas from this stellar description? ;)

17. Karritada

Karritada New Member

is that not in the studios? and its like a wee museum you can walk through taking you from walt as a lad up to the final things he developed and then theres a cinema you can go into and watch a film (altho ive never seem it) its called "one man's dream"(??) maybe

18. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

yeah... "one man's dream" its in hollywood studios... there this little museum walk thru with animation stuff, sometimes they show u bits of soon to be released movies. there r some workshops too! i remember they held one where u learned to draw goofy! awesome! i've still got the sketch somewhere! and then theres the little 10 min film at the end... i loved it but everybody else in my family fell asleep hahaha

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i remembering finding it really interesting and not wanting to miss out on anything, so i took ages and missed like half of it because the CMs called us in for the next showing

20. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

The animation 'classes' are in the ani tour building and are tres fun and a lot less crowded than in Disney Quest.

I heart Carousel of Progess soooo much.

Stitch and Buzz hang around at the entrance to the TLand theatre and sometimes Stitch goes near that stand selling lots of the little green aliens merch