bands/live performances in orlando take II

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by ewanburger, Dec 17, 2008.

1. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Heh.
    Heh heh.
    You shouldn't have said that. Now I'll think of it everytime they're mentioned. You boys should make that the hip new pick up line.
    "Hey baby, how's about I flog your molly?"

2. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

omg, can i just say it anyway?

3. forloveofmusic

I guess it works for girls too, although if I called my man's unowhat 'molly' he probably wouldn't like it. But it is fun to say :D

4. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yes "molly" isn't exactly the most manly name

5. forloveofmusic

Ya it's doesn't have the same affect of like... hmm.. something ubermasculine... Colonel Jackhammer ?

It just occured to me, we may have gone off topic here. :-X

*checks* haven't found anything new :-\

6. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

Death cab for cutie, matt costa, ra ra riot at the social 07 may!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i updated the list. deathcab is the shizzzmatizzzz

7. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

saw now that kings of leon are playing 05 may at UCF arena.

list updated
    ;D

8. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Hmmm...I think this will be a good year!

Thursday are so awesome!!! My favourite ever gig was seeing them!!! :)

I think someone has to come to that with me!!!

(I can't believe I didn't see this topic before)

9. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

welcome to the list of happyness chari. i just saw you were involved in the "question" topic over in the general discussion.LOL. im gonna need some people to come with me to the norma jean show. that one is going to be epic. but its crap far from where we stay. so we will need to get a taxi or something..

10. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

has anyone seen this? http://www.hob.com/venues/clubvenues/orlando/gospelbrunch.asp
    i don't really want to go to the event, but i love their buffet menu!

march 8th - less than jake at the HOB, that would probably be awesome as they're from florida
    april 30th - pennywise at the HOB
    may 1st - UB40!!!
    may 7th (if you're not at death cab) - jack's mannequin at the HOB

even though i'm not there, and don't love most of those bands, i thought that may interest a few of you

11. Logan514

Logan514 New Member

Hey everyone!
    ok so, I'm hoping to be arriving in florida on may 3rd (pending a successful interview :p) and I am a crazy Kings of Leon fan, like ridiculous, so that fact that they are playing on the 5th has be freaking out haha. I;m just wondering, do you think I will be free and available to go to a concert my second night there? or is there a lot of programming type things that we will be expected to be at the first few nights? and also, let me know if any of you plan on going, because i would hate to go alone :( and im not sure if ill be able to find fellow KoL fans in my first two days in florida who happen to have tickets haha
    xx

12. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

iyaaa logan, i went not long before doors open for the used, and while it was sold out there was a guy (not a tout, just a normal kid) who had some tickets to sell, so i guess there should be someone like that!
    also, i never knew that KoL were from the USA. i mean, i've not really listened to them, but part of me thought they were british :-[ i'm too cool x

13. Logan514

Logan514 New Member

yah, i think they are much bigger in the UK than they are in North America, but thanks for the info :)

14. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

hi Logan!

you dont have anything to worry about. you're first few nights are open!!! so with a bit of planning you will surely be able to go check them out ;D

15. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

this is not related to the main theme of the topic. but if any of you guys watched the grammys you would have seen that BLINK 182 are back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imagine they play a show in orlando during our time there....... i cant even get my head around the thought of that ;D ;D ;D ;D

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah i saw that, that's pretty good news! they're not my fave, but they have so many classic songs that remind me of the happy times :)

17. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

I have to say I really would not like to go see Blink. Ever.

I'll admit they do have catchy tunes but it's difficult to look past the egos!

Their heads are so big they block out the stage lights!!!!

...only kidding

(...kinda....)

And Norma Jean would be pretty good. My friend has a Norma Jean tatoo accross his stomach - its awesome!

18. bluejase

bluejase New Member

I've seen Norma Jean twice. Both times were incredible

19. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

one for the chicks.... Blue October, 23 april, house of blues

20. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

awwwe! I like blue october :)

well, the few songs i've actually heard i like :p:p

doesn't count really does it? haha