bands/live performances in orlando take II

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by ewanburger, Dec 17, 2008.

1. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

leigh-ann loves them, so i will deffo go to that show. they're not bad at all. :)

2. v.co-logicMalc

v.co-logicMalc New Member

so who is up for the warped tour on the 24th july
    the line up sonds incredible

3. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

yes yes YES

4. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

dude, that is gonna be the sickest day EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

I haven't been to a Warped since high school I don't think... Honestly I don't know a lot of the bands on the list but it used to be a fun day out so should I have the day off I wouldn't mind heading out as well :) I wonder when they announce just what bands are playing the Orlando date. I'd like to see my homecountry mates Alexisonfire. And Flogging Molly. And I used to really like Thrice so they'd be cool too, although I'd only know their songs if they played ones from around Artist in the Ambulance era lol

I can't beleive how fast this is coming... Very soon they'll be announcing summer shows I hope

6. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

ive been bragging to all my SA budz, cos we dont really get any international bands playing here. so warped tour is like heaven for any music loving south african. underoath, thrice, devil wears prada are gona be the shizzzz. i think they announce the bands late february or early march? did you see they canceled ozzfest this year? :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

this show is in tampa, but given the bands that are gona play i think some of us need to make a little roadtrip.

Aug 11 - Mayhem festival (tampa) - Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, God Forbid, Job for a Cowboy, All that Remains, The black Dhalia Murder, Whitechapel.

i seriously would like to see trivium, all that remains, bullet for my valentine and slayer.....

8. forloveofmusic

Oh noooo I didn't see they canceled Ozzfest :'(

MANSON
    BULLET
    ALL THAT REMAINS

hollllllyyyyyy y sh-------tttt

I WANT TO GO.
    My bf went to Mayhem in Toronto last year, Slipknot played. He was in the same hotel as some of the smaller bands and got to party with them. Lucky bugger.
    I saw Job For a Cowboy when they opened for on Gigantour (wonder who's playing that this year?) last year, I didn't know them (and haven't looked into them since either...) but I think they were alright, I don't really remember because I was too pumped to see Children of Bodom lol All I remember was that from a distance the singer was hot haha

-=-=-=-

EDIT: Concerning Gigantour, the website is still set up for the 2008 tour, but after googling it turns out that 2 bands have been confirmed for Gigantour 09" Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my Valentine. Obviously Megadeth will be playing as well. Dates and more bands are TBA.
    So as I previously mentioned, I am in love with BFMV and I am also extremely fond of A7X so this show also sounds promising, should it roll around central Florida ;) I had to leave before Megadeth last year so I suppose I could stick around for them should I go this year haha

9. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

im glad to see that you are amped for this show! i hope we can all go to this one. it sounds like it could be awesome! i reckon we just rent a car for the day and make a roadtrip of the whole thing. hopefully we are not working on that day..... :-\

10. forloveofmusic

I'm amped up to 11, baby ;) Ya hopefully by some miracle scheduling we're off that day. lol imagine...
    "Can I have this day off?"
    "Is there a specific reason?"
    "Marilyn Manson" *angelic smile*
    haha I'm excited already.

... and I wanna watch Spinal Tap now for the 'up to 11' bit. (Please tell me you've seen it)

11. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

haha that's a brilliant film. i also like the dancing leprachaun bit :D
    i hope swapping days is easy, for the purposes of gigs and sport events!

12. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

people, this is going to be a fricking EPIC show.

20&21 Jul House of Blues - Billy Talent, Rise Against, Rancid

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

13. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i'm not loads into any of that bands, but still that show will be immense!

14. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

i love love love billy talent and rise against. rancid are one of the fathers of punk rock. so it will be awesome to see them all in one night!

15. forloveofmusic

That does sound like a fun show, thanks Ewan! I've seen Rancid 2 or 3 times, they're fun to see. Then add in Billy Talent and Rise Against... that's going to be an exhausting dancing-filled night haha

16. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

i missed out on going to house of blues t'other night. don't think anybody was really playing, but still i missed out and i wasn't impressed!

especially seeing as a fair 'ol crowd went.

i think it's gonna be a regular thing though so not too worried :D

17. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

No bands play on a sunday but they play some AMAZING old school & new hip-hop. There was a break-dancing throwdown going on on the dancefloor at one point that it took every bit of self-control to not jump in the circle & bust out some quality white-boy moves! My regular days off are sunday & monday so I will be there every week...free entry, free bus home, drink specials, good music & tons of honeys makes Disco a happy boy!

18. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

dude, you KNOW im gonna challenge you to a breakdance battle when i get there!!! nothing is as attractive as a white boii who cant dance for the life of him! crunk is gonna go down...... Ba-DONK-a-DONK

12 more days!!! whuhu

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i literally cannot drink if such things are going to happen. alcohol affects my self-control!

20. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

i have 3 days off this weekend, NOTHING will stop me from going.