bands/live performances in orlando take II

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by ewanburger, Dec 17, 2008.

1. bluejase

bluejase New Member

does anyone plan on seeing this?

03-25-2009 18:00 at House of Blues The Devil Wears Prada, A Day To Remember, Sky Eats Airplane, Emarosa

2. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

I think my brother is... if I get a cheap flight out I'll go too lol He's a big Devil Wears Prada fan

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

Sun April 26th - Black Box Collective (Orlando, FL) - We Are The Union and i believe this show should have Fireworks on the bill too. i would DEFINATELY recommend it!

4. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

im going to go get my tickets today for that show!!!! cannot wait, my first live gig ill be attending in the us of a!!!!!!!!!!!!! whuhuhuhuhuhu

5. forloveofmusic

Are you talking about The Devil Wears Prada show? Or the one Matt posted?
    Anyone know how much the one on Wednesday is? I'm flying in on Sunday and will prooobably go with my brother.

6. ewanburger

ewanburger New Member

i just bought my tickets for the devil wears prada show. are you gonna be here gurl? will be awesome to meet you in person!!! see on wednesday evening hopefully! i bought 2 tix for me and leigh ann and it cost 36dollars precisely. so one ticket will set you back 18 buckaroos...

7. Chels33

Chels33 New Member

Ok so I'm soooo in for Warped! I've always wanted to go and I NEED to see Alexisonfire! Havent seen them in a couple years now and they are my fave band!

8. forloveofmusic

So I've been poking around pollstar again and haven't really found anything new in the immediate area that really appeals to me... but then I looked at Tampa/St Pete's area...

June 27 - Kid Rock & Lynyrd Skynyrd (raises lighter and yells: FREE BIRDDD!!)

July 11 - Aerosmith & ZZ Top

I mentioned it before but I will again, I want to go to Mayhem SO bad.
    Aug 11 - All That Remains, Behemoth, Bullet For My Valentine, Cannibal Corpse. God Forbid, Job For A Cowboy, Killswitch Engage, Marilyn Manson, Slayer, The Black Dahlia Murder, Trivium, Whitechapel

August 14 - Def Leppard, Cheap Trick and Poison (80s spandex goodness)

August 28 - CrueFest - Charm City Devils, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Motley Crue

October 3 - Metallica

October 9 - U2

9. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

i'm so in for Aerosmith!!! 8)

10. forloveofmusic

ya they'd be killer live. they played where i live 2 years ago but i had to work that night.... i was sooooo.... Mickeyed. With a capital P.

11. lucy_elizondo88

they played here in mty as well but the tickets were gone in seconds!!! so glad i get to see them this time around! :D they pay in tampa right!? maybe we can pitch in and rent a car! what day is it?

12. forloveofmusic

ya it was in Tampa... or maybe St Petersburg which is like right next to Tampa. It's on July 11th... I know a couple of people who might be interested as well, it would be cool to road trip out to see a couple of legends play ;D

13. lucy_elizondo88

yeah! count me in! its not everyday one gets to see rock legends like aerosmith! i'm no missing out on that this time! :D

i put up a post somewhere about a bunch of tributes in epcot happening all thru the summer! there r some good ones like the eagles, u2 and BON JOVI! i'll find it and put it up! ;)

14. forloveofmusic

Okay so I was looking at the concerts being actually held on-site in the upcoming months... June and July there are some tribute bands playing at the American pavillion, including ones for Bon Jovi, ABBA, U2, Tom Petty...

But a fest I came across that at first I was like, 'no this isn't for me' was 2 days in September I think it is, at Hollywood Studios. It's called Night of Joy and it's a Christian music thing. Christian music has never been my thing, but I took a look at the band list anyways and it turns out there are a few bands playing that I know, that I didn't know they were in fact Christian bands (POD?? I used to love the song "Alive"!). Check it out:
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/special-events/night-of-joy/schedule/
    I'd definitely go see Flyleaf. And I have the Skillet website open right now, streaming some of their songs and I really like what I'm hearing. And Superchick sounds like they'd be fun to see too. Quite catchy.

15. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i knew that POD were christian rock for some reason...even though they're not exactly traditional christian rock from what i can gather (from south park)

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

ace enders and a million different people are playing 9 days before i arrive :(
    19th july at the social, orlando, with some cool bbq with the bands beforehand. and considering Person L are playing too, that's the opportunity to hang out with ex members of the early november and the starting line!!!

17. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

you can insert as many mickeys as you want here, i won't bother swearing as it'll be ineffective, but i'm pretty damn excited right now. three of my favourite bands and one i quite like are playing three dates in florida

Four Year Strong, Set Your Goals, Polar Bear Club, Fireworks, Drive A
    Aug-07 St. Petersburg, FL State Theater
    Aug-08 W. Palm Beach, FL Culture Room
    Aug-09 Orlando, FL The Social

i'm hoping i won't be working for the orlando date, but if i have to rent a car to drive to the others, i will!!!
    also, blink are playing in tampa and west palm beach in september...

18. lucy_elizondo88

BLINK 182's tour dates r up! :D :D :D

they'll be in Tampa on sept 27 and in west palm beach on the 29th!

so jealous! wish i could go! maybe i'll manage to go to the one in dallas on the 23rd of sept :-\

19. Spectacular Tats

Spectacular Tats New Member

does anyone like jeffree star? she/he (im not sure whether to call him a girl) is in orlando on july 28th. i would love to go!!!! anyone interested?