Bank account at Vista FCU?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by craiggg, Apr 4, 2006.

1. craiggg

craiggg New Member

Just wondering about the Bank account we will be getting at Disney...
    Vista FCU i beleive? I was just wondering if anyone knows if we can keep this bank account after out ICP is over, and our Visa's run out?

Or is the bank account closed when you finish your ICP? ???

Was just asking, because it would be way handy for me, for when i visit family in America...

Anyone know?

Craig ;)

2. KC

KC New Member

I imagine you can keep it open afterwards...

Though I'm not sure.
    KC

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Judging from the info mentioned here http://www.wdwip.com/faq.htm Suntrust would be a better bank for you. They're national, compared to Vista which is pretty much Disney only.

4. Canadian_Sara

Canadian_Sara New Member

Yes you can keep it after.
    Its very convienient because there are vista machines at the residences and back stage in all the parks!

5. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Mine is still open seven months on :)

6. craiggg

craiggg New Member

Oh, thats awesome! Cool, thanks for that guys! ;D

7. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

Isn't there a monthly fee though if you keep it open?

8. adjonline

adjonline New Member

There is, sadly. Only $3 a month. But it may have to close after my vacation this summer. We'll see!

9. Ona

Ona Member

Lol. ;D That's exactly what I did. I kept my vista account open for over a year but then they started charging :mad: ;D so I closed it on holiday last year.

Ona x

10. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

My Bank of America account is still open without any charges (yet!). Pity it only has $27 in it!!! :( I just get online statements so I know what's going on. It was Bank of America that Disney used on the ships. I used Vista at Disney World.

Laura. ;D

11. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Another question, do you know if Vista FCU has online banking? I'm assuming Suntrust does since they are national, but do you know how they compare?

12. KC

KC New Member

There's a "myVista login" section on www.vistafcu.org, so I'm presuming they do.

KC

13. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Ah yes, it says on the website:

"No matter which Vista Checking account you choose, you’ll get:

Free Online Bill Pay
    Free Vista Check Card
    Exclusive Disney Check Designs
    And much more! "

Thanks!

14. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Online banking through Vista is ok - suffices for my managing the account when necessary from 5000 miles away!

15. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i wanna get a vista account cos you get a cool looking card ;D

[​IMG]

16. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Exactly :D That's the card that sits nicely in my wallet ::)

17. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Woo I have that :D thank goodness I don't need to carry cash around!

18. *amy*

*amy* New Member

so am i right in thinking that when we are in disney we have to open a new account in order to get paid? or can we keep our home bank account because im with HSBC which is all over the world

19. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I think if you want direct deposit you need to open a new account, but if you don't mind depositing physical cheques you can keep an existing one...

I could be wrong (and probably am lol)

20. *amy*

*amy* New Member

suppose it would b easier for my wages to go straight into my account but if my money is in a US account how do i get my mitts on it wen im back in England