Bank account at Vista FCU?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by craiggg, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Yeah, I'd like to find out whether or not they could direct deposit into a PCFinancial account... I'm assuming probably not, but I wonder if I could deposit cheques at an ATM or something.

2. Ona

Ona Member

Either transfer it to your UK account or withdraw it and take it home. Assuming, that is, that you have any money left to withdraw. ;)

You can certainly deposit cheques at an ATM but to access any of your money your gonna get hit with ATM charges if your not with Vista (at the commons and cast services).

Just open a US account. Keep your home account open too. No worries. No hassle.

Ona x

3. *amy*

*amy* New Member

i was just thinking if i have both my UK account can be a sort of back up for emergencies

4. monkian

monkian New Member

hey just found out about the new amex travelers cheque card!!! i am going to use it to save my money...as it means it won't be sitting tempting me in my account and i will also have my bank card from halifax as back up cash and a new shiny vista card will make me plastic fantastic!!!!! ;D

5. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

How does the travellers cheque card work?

6. monkian

monkian New Member

7. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

8. Elaine!

Elaine! New Member

hey!

anyone know if you can use a maestro debit card to actually pay for things in stores in the us or can you only use it to lift money at a atm??

thanks!

Elaine xx

9. Chrissie

Chrissie New Member

^ Hey Elaine!

No You can't use Maestro in America, unfortunatly :mad:

Depending on your bank, they can charge you something like $4 for every withdrawl from an ATM.

Its up to you what you do, but Im sure there will be some alumni member or current CM who will be able to advise you.

10. PlanetD

PlanetD Member

I remember using my Maestro card at a Walgreens once.

According the the Maestro website the card is widely accepted. I will have to disagree because reality is that it isn't! Though you can use it at some place I guess you'll just have to ask if the shop accepts it.

Maestro Websit about US

But I like Maestro too! We should be able to use it more in the US. :D