BE CAREFUL

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by HockeyChamp, Feb 10, 2006.

1. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Amen to that sista, my head was killing me from all the whining.

2. april25th

april25th New Member

I am soooo glad to here ooff people who are living the dream over there i hope i will when i leave!!!!!

3. can I get an AMEN?

HALLELUJAH!

4. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Haha, just don't expect everybody to love Disney when you arrive, most people won't...

5. gardenofenglandgal

gardenofenglandgal New Member

its nice to see now bickering :D but its lovely to hear all sides though as we are all individuals :)

6. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

Just got to say something here- that link is amazing and everyone should read it!

Im still in the application process for a year long position at Disney and there is a lot of negativeness floating about on these boards at the moment, but i am not put off by it. That link just proves that its the people that make the place you work great, and we all have the potential to be totally happy if we behave in the same way we want others too.

I understand there have been bad experiences, and its totally not my place to comment on them as i have not been a CM at Disney and dont know what its like. However from my point of view, I'll stay smiling and keep positive, because if i get this job I have no idea where itll take me, and I have no idea who I'll meet or how I'll change but, who knows, if im as lucky as the guy in the link, i might get the chance to make a little difference to someone elses life as well as my own.

Big hugs everyone
    Gem
    x

7. adjonline

adjonline New Member

I'm really glad that link made a few people realise the magic :) There are loads of stories like that floating around the place. In fact, I'm gonna start another thread...

I do agree with mylittlepony: don't expect everyone to love Disney. It won't happen. Period. But that doesn't mean you can't love it and be a wonderful CM. There are some amazing CMs there, many of whom on the IP/ICP. Be one of them! And you'll make memories for some people that'll last for ever!

Andy

8. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

Hey Joce!!!!!
    Yeah i am only once in a while....dont tell anyone tho. Hey what happened to the 4 people we were supposed to get on tuesday??

9. Charli

Charli New Member

Oh that link made me cry!! It's so sweet :)

Well although the thread got a little "catty" towards to end, I'm actually quite glad it's here, I'm planning on applying for next year (I'll be 18 in May '07) and it's good to hear both sides of the story (although it could have been worded a little better :p). Personally I'd stick it out anyway, I hate my job at the moment, but I made a commitment so (until I find a better job!) I'll stay at it. So I can be fairly sure that I'll stay there for the full year despite what I think of it, and I don't mind being treated too badly, I might be at the bottom of the ladder, but that's where all the people are and that's where I want to be!

As for getting termed, I'm so afraid of getting into trouble I can be sure I'll have no reason to get termed! Though I'm sure there's more to all of the stories than what's been told and I'm sorry to hear your friends had to leave :(

10. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I find myself thinking about everything I do and say before I do it, so I won't get termed!

11. awesome Lou - thats the way to be. Def what I'll be doing too!

12. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

You know, it sounds like common sense but I guess some people just don't care about the amazing experience that they've been granted.

13. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Hey guys,

Man it has been a long long time since i last posted on these boards. Its amazing how you forget about them when you get down there. But anyways i just want to say a few things here as well about everything that goes on down there.

Basically we are all going down there for our own reasons...some for the 'Disney magic' others to make money....i went down for the money. i honestly know nothing about disney and that was ok with me. I made a lot of money and i had the time of my life while i was down there. Partied my ass off literally. And to be honest guys the hype about getting caught for drinking underage is overdone. I drank from my first nite till my last nite and i did turn 21 6 months into my contract.

And all this about security....security is corrupt and they have their favorites. Just get to know them a little and things will go smoother for you.

But the best thing about being down there is the people that you meet. I had a lot of friends in a lot of different countries which was so cool. Joss, Carol, Sheena to name a few that are on these boards. Joss is one of my best friends and Sheena you are totally wicked too. Carol, crazy to think that we are both back home already huh and posting on these boards....

Just live up you time there and make the most of it...

And for those who are razzing on Chase, he means well and he is a great guy. Maybe what he is saying is not making much sense to you guys who have not been down there yet but you will understand once you get there.

Robyn

14. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

ROBYN!!!! miss ya buddy. Thats eactly what i was trying to say, chase is beeing helpful, and giving another perspective. Hes a good guy and a friend of ours. ...........

Robyn i got a song for ya.... Theme from the aprentice lol

15. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Money, Money, Money....MONEY!!!!

16. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

love it !.....sing it everyday at work ahahh i think it annoys people now

17. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

you ppl and your money
    haha
    robyn i love you and i miss you.

i'll see you soon
    sheena hahah no worries your secret is safe with me :)

i think we are getting 4 tomorrow ??? who knows

Joss

18. Chloe

Chloe New Member

*hums the theme to prison break*

19. HockeyChamp

HockeyChamp New Member

ROBYN!!!!!!!

Buddy, No Maam is missin you man! We had Flip Cup tonight, and believe it or not, me, Ty and Kyle won. Me, the ONLY guy who can't chug a full beer, won at Flip Cup! Try to figure that out... Man, thank god you and Sheena are on here, because apparently noone else comprehends my words. Maybe its just the Northern Canadian way, but I don't seem to be getting my point across to some people. Oh well, I'm fine and dandy with the way things are, but I sure wish you were still here. Things have been going to shit since you left! Jeff leaves in a couple weeks, and its gonna be W E I R D... Mississippi gave a speech tonight about quitting No Maam, so we're gonna be losing him shortly as well. Just to update you, Dave lost the Bird, so he was voted out, and Oak Tree was named new Birdman. Now we just need to buy a new Bird. Well, man, I'll talk to you later, I gotta go and open popcorn, so I'm kickin her to bed. COME AND VISIT DUDE! peace

Chase aka The Stogey King

20. littlefeather

littlefeather New Member

How do you lose the BIRD!?!? Oh my god!!! That dirty disgusting thing has been around probably longer than I've been alive. Bit of a sad day for Canada no ? Sigh. Oh well. New bird, new germs, new memories :) What's happening with the old Beavertail Hut these days?? What are they selling there? Also, who are the managers at Le Cellier these days? I know Gary left ): Also, are they still singing "time of your life" at throw-outs ? please say no(fingers crossed)