BE CAREFUL

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by HockeyChamp, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Charli

Charli New Member

You know, you all complain that whenever you attempt to make a "negative comment" you all get jumped on, except to me it seems like most people conceded your points, gave some advice and added their positive comments. not sure how that constitues as everyone jumping down your throats, but you still stand by your views. however as soon as someone else stands by theirs she really DOES get jumped on.

yeah snow white could word her opinion a little better, but in all honesty so could you. i know you had a bad time there, and that sucks. but theres no need to play the bullied underdog. more people have picked on people like snow white than they have on you.

thank you for your words of warning, thank you for making me realise its not all happy-happy, i'll take that into account...but im going anyway and don't try and change that.

2. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I think everyone's suffering from a severe lack of understanding....everyone who's commented on here has said something valid, only the people who aren't here yet can't possibly know what it's actually like!! I had a very jaded opinion of what it was going to be like here before I got here - my opinion has severely changed and I can't wait to not work here anymore. I don't want to leave, but I don't want to work here anymore!!

Yes, people do stupid things and get terminated and have no-one to blame but themselves cos they knew the rules BUT you do come to realise that some of the managers are corrupt and awful at their jobs, and Disney isn't all rosy like everyone thinks it is, and the job's rubbish (for the most part)....

Most people here are having the time of their lives, but don't be misled into thinking that it's anything to do with the company or the job - cos for most people it isn't!!

@ Dan - you couldn't think of anything to say!! haha!! :p

Ellen x x x :D

3. april25th

april25th New Member

Ok i agree with what you are saying Ellenas i dont work there so yes i do at the moment think that Disney is this place that is sooooooooo amazing but then i also know that it is a big company and despite the image you get when you visit the parks as a guest working for them i can imagine can be very bad .i really do think it is a case of the roe tinted glases only when you work for them and under "there" rules that they come off.I just hope mine never do not to be a goody goody but i hope i tgt on with everyone as it will make working and living so much easier.Cant wait to work for Disney and i know it is going to hard work but i have done 10 hour shifts before i have delt with unbelievable working conditions and managers that are just plain rude ,so company on a hold im not setting my hopes to high ,making the magic now that i cant wait to do :)

Bye for now Rhianon :)

4. KC

KC New Member

The way I look at it is this... For me, working for Disney is the chance of a lifetime. It's something I've wanted to do since I was very young. The idea of helping make the magic, working at WDW, meeting and making friends with people from all over the world and learning/gaining independence is one which I'm very excited about. After university, I'd like to get into the Travel (or maybe Tourism) industry, in particular in aviation, methinks... Working for Disney will, therefore, allow me to pick up experience of the industry while also learning first class customer service techniques which will always stand to me.

It sucks royally that people get termed for things they may or may not have done. In the case of, say, underage drinking, I've little sympathy for the people in question because they knew full well what's allowed and what's not. With things which genuinely weren't the fault of the person in question, them, I honestly do feel sympathy for.

But anyhoo, I know that on my part, I'm going to do everything I can to avoid being termed by playing completely within the rules, working hard and trying to have as much fun and gain as much knowledge as I can.

I realise that I can't know what it's like until I'm out there, but for now, and while I'm out there, I'm going to try and put a positive spin on the whole thing. Though, from a personal standpoint, God help any of my roommates if I find them in our apartment with drugs. Drinking, I can understand-I'd just tell 'em to get rid of it and leave for a while... But drugs, that may bring out the hyperbitchyvengefulKC :)

Anyhoo, I'm still looking forward to the whole thing-and I know there are others out there too who have the times of their lives out there by never gettin' in trouble and making the most of the experience... I just hope I manage to be one of 'em!

Ta!
    KC

5. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

All I can say is that of course people will have different experiences...

Yeah I've only been here 3 weeks, but I've loved every moment of it. Yes I got 11 hour shifts.... but I was still smiliing at the end... and yes I get 6 day weeks instead of 5... but hey thats life.

I must say my managers are great. I've got the flu at the moment, and despite being determined to go to work today, I burst into tears when I got there and they sent me straight home. (Yes I think it helped that I was the new girl, but they didn't hesitate to send me home.)

Some people are going to have good managers, some aren't.... some people will like their job, others won't. I'm afraid that's life... and can happen anywhere.

I didn't arrive at Disney with any expectations... and so therefore the not so good things were not a shock.

Ok I've run out of things to say LOL... I can't think... I need more sleep despite the 17 hours I've already had today.

Louisa

6. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Awww Lou....hope you get better soon!

7. KC

KC New Member

Louisa!

Quit messing around on here and get back to bed!

Feel better! ;)
    K