Bed Question.

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by ricky, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ricky

ricky New Member

hey guys this is for people that are currently at disney.

i am just wondering how the beds are set up in A room.

i mean are they bunkbeds or are there singles beside each other???

i am trying to decide what kind of bedding to bring so if you could help me out that would be great

RICKY!!

2. flavour

flavour New Member

hey ricky!
    it's single beds that you can basically move around the room until your happy with where they are! haha!! we moved the furniture so often, it's a miracle it didn't fall apart!

later! flavour xoxo

3. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

There's no real layout as far as the rooms are concerned. People change them around all the time to suit their mood and also depends on the layout of the room with windows, doors etc.

You don't really need to take bedding with you though. They give you stuff when you arrive which is fine for the first night or week but then its cheap to buy from Walmart and it saves having to take it with you and then back at the end.

Rich

4. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

If I'm remembering correctly, we just got told at the most recent Cdn interviews that Disney no longer provides bedding.

Anyone else remembering hearing that?

5. StarsMeltMidnight

StarsMeltMidnight New Member

If you want bedding from Disney, you have to pay $60, that gets you a package of "laundered linens"... sounds great eh? ;) I think I'll be getting my own bedding lol

6. ricky

ricky New Member

hey!

th anks for the help guys, i will be taking my own down. i can take a few more things because i am driving .

just got my health and car insurance today!!! WOW!!! that hurt the credit card.

i am leaving on the 4th of december and my dad is driving down wiht me.

so i will be there on the 5th or 6th

and then the big day!

RICKY

7. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Take bedding with you!! The Disney stuff is awful and you'll need something the first night.

8. hoshi

hoshi New Member

so.. how big is the bed then.. if i have to bring my own beddings? ???

9. Marie

Marie Guest

Hoshi where r u from?
    I assume it will be the same size as american college beds. The duvets in america for single beds (they call it twin beds!) are a bit wider and a bit longer than British ones - though only an inch or two - so im sure any single bedding would work from any country... Even just maybe take a blanket and travel pillow for the first night then get something from wal mart the next day.

10. hoshi

hoshi New Member

i m from Hong Kong.. coming on 18th Jan.. lotz of cantonese r coming.. haha..
    well.. i have totally no idea abt the size of american beds.. as i know chinese beds r much smaller .. em.. would that be around 3 1/2 feet wide or 4?

11. Marie

Marie Guest

Oh gosh it would be hard to judge... i would say around 3ft wide maybe but im really bad on guessing measurements! I didnt notice any size difference in the beds to the UK - just the duvets were bigger! Does anyone else have a better idea?
    Good luck for January - what r doing merch or food and beverage?
    Im arriving on June 14th doing merch!
    Marie :)

12. hoshi

hoshi New Member

guess i'll be gone when u get there.. we'll only be staying for 5 months.. :-[ will be doing merchandise.. but no idea where will they put me.. coz too many chinese

13. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

Hey ya, if it helps,

in my package there was a paper included which gives the measures and contents of the package disney provides you for 59 US$

bath towel, 68 cm x 127 cm
    washcloth 25 cm x 25 cm
    fitted sheet 99 cm x 191 cm
    flat sheet 168 cm x 244cm
    blanket 163 cm x 203 cm
    pillow case 107 cm x 92 cm
    pillow

oooh just btw
    so this means they dont even have pillows and blankets? uuuuh... i guess so u just have 3 choices. either you bring your own blanket and pillow, or you buy it or you sleep without it. :D lol

greetings Kaddy

14. hoshi

hoshi New Member

thanks kaddy ;)
    now the problem is .. i duno wot the Hxxx those things r for.. wash cloth?? n what is fitted sheet n flat sheet for?? ???
    sorry.. i know i m stupid..

15. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

A wash cloth is a very small towel, like just for drying your face. Fitted and flat sheets- the fitted one goes over the mattress, and you sleep on top of it. The flat one you fold on top of that, and sleep underneath it. Then if its cold you put the blanket over the top.
    I hope this makes sense!!! ???
    Charlotte x

16. hoshi

hoshi New Member

thanks alot.. :D
    sorry but i never go through those terms in my english class.. haha.. :p