Bedding

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Tink**, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Okay I know we are supposed to bring our own sheets and blankets for our bed, but does anyone know if we need to bring a pillow???
    Or will we be using pillows that have been uhhh... previously slept on?? haha

2. Mom-eh

Mom-eh Member

You need to bring or buy your own pillow.

3. Kevus

Kevus New Member

you get a bed with nothing on... so do as you wish when it comes to bedding but bring somet just in case you dont make it to wallmart on that first night

4. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

like kevus said, bring some stuff just in case, however don't bother bringing a pillow or comforter.. it takes up to much space, and you can always find something to replace those things for one night.. it's also really hot in florida (duh), so a sheet would be a great substitute for a comforter/quilt.
    but do bring a sheet, so you have some protection between you and the matrass..
    the bed can also be very hard... so I advise you to get a simple foam matrass or something like that in order to make sleeping barable

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I got a "bed in a bag" for about 35 dollars. it comes with a fitted and flat sheet, a comforter and a pillow case.

6. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Celephais-
    Im assuming youve done this before, haha. I was thinking of getting one of those space bags that you stick a bunch of stuff in and suck the air out (with a vaccuum).... i was just wondering if the apartments came with vaccuums so i could use it on the way back.... i wouldn't want to be stuck down there with so much extra stuff but not enough space.

7. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Tink**
    Jepp, sure have done it before. One of those airbags would be great. They do have vacuums down there, how good they are though I don't know. They have those oversized old style looking ones. I never used one, so have no idea how they work.
    About having to much stuff at the end of the program is nothing new. Everybody usually end up with loads of stuff that they wont be able to bring on the plane, so what most people do is box it up and ship it home. You're gonna end up with a lot of stuff anyway. The airbag would help, but don't plan on getting everything you aqcuire down there back with you (without having to pay the airline overweight fees)

8. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

do most people jsut take a sheet for the first night? then go to walmart and get what they need when they get a chance to go?

9. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Yeah, most people just bring some sheets just in case they don't get to walmart the first day they're there. Taking pillows and comforters is just a waste of space. Why bring a pillow when you could bring a couple extra pairs of shoes instead.

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I bought space bags and have already squished my bedding and towels. It works amazinggg, and you have so much space! I love them. And, I figure I'd make it work with the vaccuams.

11. Tink**

Tink** New Member

ya thats what I want to do to. itll make packing so much easier.... and i kind of want to bring my own blanket and not have to worry bout buying one down there.

12. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i didnt know you could get space bags!

13. MegD

MegD New Member

Thats what I'm doing too...and if I can't get a vacuum with a hose coming back I'll just leave my stuff and use another comforter when I get home...I'm just taking the one I have now instead of buying a new one. Space bags are the most amazing things everrrr. I picked some up at walmart a few nights ago :)

14. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Yah you can buy them at like Walmart or Canadian Tire.