Best age to apply?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Jack!, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Jack!

Jack! New Member

I've been wanting to go to Disney for a little over 6 months now and unfortunately I won't be able to apply until June 2014, I'll have just turned 18 in the February before. I was wondering, do you think it's best to go at that age, or is it better to go maybe around a 20/21 type age? :)

2. atelliere

atelliere New Member

I'm inferring from the age you mentioned that the concern is about alcohol... According to someone I know who did the program, it didn't matter so much because alcohol can be purchased by someone over 21. They also stashed it at other people's apartments.

As to whether it was relatively easy to get into a bar, or other things it might help to re-post this in the alumni section? Someone there might have gone over at 18 and shed more light on these matters!

3. aj_hat

aj_hat Member

Hey there. I've just been accepted and I'll be 19 when I'm going.

As for when you apply, you only have to be 18 when you actually start your program. I met a girl who was 17 at the face to face interview. So apply whenever, the worst they'll say is just do it next time.

In regards to the drinking part, I'm not a huge drinker myself, but I believe most clubs and bars let you in over 18 with a wrist band, which gets you free soft drinks. Under the assumption you're a designated driver. But the amount of fun you'll get out there doesn't really require alcohol to make it good ;).

www.HattanTimesDoesDisney.com

4. annak2012

annak2012 New Member

Hi your age should never really be a problem just as long as your 18 before you go. I was 17 when I was at the f2f interviews and turn 19 when im out there, Im possibly who hattan above is talking about. People say do it when your 21 so you can drink but I feel I will have just as much fun without drink and also there is the risk of being terminated on the program if caught drinking. Good luck with applying :D x

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hello There. I understand this thread if a few months old but I am currently sat in the uni library trying to find as many distractions as possible so i do not have to do any work haaha..
    I completed the CRP back in 09/10, and I was 18 when i went out, and turned 19 after a few weeks. I can honestly say it was the best year of my life, and I was not too bothered about drinking, most people seem to be afraid that if they aren't 21 then you wont be able to go out drinking and make as many friends. Well that is not the case at all. A lot of people who go out aren't going out for the drinking side, there is still so much more to do, from going to the parks, staying in having take aways, watching movies, going out for meals, its just really fun and you shouldn't be put off by thinking because you are not 21 you wont have as much fun.. its poppycock! haha