best food outlet/restaurant in WDW?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baby_natz16, Mar 24, 2005.

1. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

Hey

I just thought I would start a topic...what's your fave place to eat in WDW? I love the 50's prime time cafe...more for the experience, it's so surreal x

2. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

OK I actually have a few so going to put them all.

Fave special meal
    Artist point at Wilderness Lodge - we went here for my mother and fathers anniversary. Expensive but nice, and they put my parents name on special menus that we could keep which I thought was lovely. Going back there in May for my brother in laws birthday

Fave sit down meal
    Teppanaki dinning room at the Japanese pavillion in EPCOT - Oh my God it was so so nice. The spicey dipping sauce you get tastes so nice with the rice I didn't even need the meat, which was cooked perfectly infront of you by a very talented chef (although ours did drop his knife at one point and have to get another one)

Fave counterservice meal
    OK this has a joint first
    Cosmic rays at Magic Kingdom - has the best veggie burgers and the largest roast beef sanswich I have ever seen. Also serves nice salads and you can meet the alien DJ there  ;)
    Columbia harbour house at Magic Kingdom - does really nice chilli and a veggie sandwich. Ate here when we went on the Keys to the kingdom tour and it was great
    Sunshine season food fair in EPCOT - it does jacket/baked potatos all year round and a good range of healthier meal ideas

Fave junk food location
    Plaza ice cream palour at Magic Kingdom - OK I know its meant for kids but they do this cute mickey mouse ice cream cones (and I'm not talking about the chocolate covered mickey heads). These you get a choice of ice cream flavour and they put little cookies in to make mickey ears. They are so so cute.

Fave drink location I know you didn't ask for this but hey
    OK again I have some joints
    Barefoot pool bar at the Polynesian - if Rosie serves you then say hi from me cause she's the best bar maid in disney and makes the perfect White Russians! although the Tambu lounge at the Poly makes huge cocktails in tiki mugs
    Tune in lounge in MGM studios - A nice relaxing bar (the only one in MGM)
    Rose & Crown in EPCOT - hey I worked there and still popped in from time to time when I wanted a proper bar
    Rock & Roll beach club in Pleasure Island - Buckets of Shark bite! God can't wait to have some in May! Oh and of course have to say hi to PJ one of the best barman in disney (and for those of you UK people yes I did ask him where Duncan was once when out at Bennigans and we ran in to him but he looked completely stumped)

OK that is all of them I assure you :d Actually I'm probably lying because I have a thousand other ones for different reasons ie ones that cheer you up on sad days, ones that are good if its raining ect. but not going to bore everyone rigid anymore

3. Dee

Dee New Member

I don't know if this counts since it is not in one of the parks - but I love the ESPN sports bar/grill at the Boardwalk- very good and a lot of fun too!

4. A. LO

A. LO New Member

i love eating everywhere at epcot but my fave places to eat there are:
    biergarten-germany>>love the buffet and atmosphere of the restaurant! great band too!
    harry ramsden-uk>>excellent fish and chips!
    lotus blossom cafe-china>>really good and flavorful chinese food

at animal kingdom they had this awsome ice cream sandwich place called "chip and dale's cookie shack" and it made the absolute best ice cream sandwiches EVER!!!! then they closed it down! :'(

at magic kingdom i always hit these places:
    pecos bill cafe>>great burgers and dogs
    the pinocchio village haus>>awsome sandwiches and salads
    aloha isle>>omg! best dole whips ever! such a great way to cool off and relax with one of those!

of course no disney day is complete without an ice cream bar or pretzle with cheese!

5. CanadaMan

CanadaMan New Member

Character breakfast at the contempory!!!!!

Jase

6. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

im obsessed with the 50's era..so i;ll DEFINITLY be CHECKING out that dinner!!!

7. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I've never eaten in any of the Disney restaurants- definitely something I want to rectify whilst I'm down there! ;D They all sound really scrummy! :)
    Charlotte x

8. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I think i'v only had one proper meal at disney world and that was at the brown derby at mgm studios... but the service was really really bad! :eek: but to make up for it they gave us the whole meal for free ;D ;D

:D

9. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

the Sci-fi drive-in Theatre restaurant in MGM is so cool...you sit in a car-type table thing, and there's a big screen you can watch showing old cartoons and stuff and the ceiling is painted to look like night time, and some of the waiters/waitresses are on rollerskates! :D

Other than that, Cosmic Rays - but they stopped doing the BBQ chicken sandwich (possibly the most heavenly tasting thing on earth!!)....the bins talk to you tho when you throw away your rubbish!! Love the food court bit in The Land pavillion and the counter service restaurant in Future World (the name escapes me!...I think it's near Innoventions!). The Crystal Palace at MK is SO good too...its a fab place to watch the fireworks if you go in the evening, and food is so scrummy! :D

Ellen xxx :D

10. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

wolfgang pucks at downtown disney across from virgin megastore. went there for my 21st and it was the best meal I have ever had!

11. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

ooooh at downtown disney i love the house of blues.  I also think the lotus blossom cafe is the best value food outlet in epcot. 

Menus for all the disney restaurants can be found here: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

To Ellen: i think you can find the same BBQ chicken sanwiches at the Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom.  They are amazing!

::) The food in Disney is like one of my favourite things about visiting WDW  ::) x

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

has anyone ever tried 'worms in dirt' thing?? its from the icecream parlour on mainstreet usa!

love it....for kids, but im a big kid anyway!

xxxxxx

13. baby_natz16

baby_natz16 New Member

lol yeah...isn't it like ice cream with worm shaped gummies or something? I cant remember.... x

14. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

and the "dirt" is actually crumpled up oreo cookies?!?!?

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah and it has gooey chocolate stuff through it! its sooo good!

xxxx

16. A. LO

A. LO New Member

yeah i had that! it's awsome!

17. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I just had a look at those menus....hurrah for BBQ sanwiches being sold in other places, but is anyone a little dismayed at the prices!? they're shocking!! :eek: $15.99 for bangers and mash in the rose and crown!!!

Ellen xxx

18. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I thought it sounded a lot- but when you think of the exchange rate- its only about £8 and some of the more expensive pubs round me you'd probably pay close to that anyway. Of course if the exchange rate goes down- it gets a lot more expensive!!! :-\
    Charlotte x

19. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

The California Grill is a fantastic restaurant. Highly recommended by moi! I ate scallops there the size of my head!
    Ellen, it is very expensive to eat in the parks, good thing we're getting a discount ;)

20. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Had this at the garden grill in epcot and it was fab!