"Best" ship???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by AussiePrincess, Feb 5, 2012.

1. AussiePrincess

AussiePrincess New Member

So...I realise each ship has it's own perks and each is probably the "best" in it's own way...but I was wondering what other people feel about this?

Personally - I was so excited when I found out that I was getting a job I didn't care what ship I was on, but now that I've found out I'll be on the Magic it seems perfect! I get to do Traditions at WDW (and hopefully have a few hours to catch up with old friends!), start out with longer cruises (that I've heard are slightly less hectic than the shorter ones), and I already know someone in the YA Team on the Magic!!! Plus I'll have the opportunity to sail into New York in a few months!!! (Hopefully I'll have the chance to make it up on deck at least once because I imagine that will be a pretty amazing sight!)

2. Smunk

Smunk New Member

I have no idea in terms of answering your question, but how wasn't I aware that Aussies can get jobs on the cruises??! How did you go about doing that? And had you done the CP program prior to applying for the cruise? Wow, that is something I never considered cos I thought I couldn't, but I would LOVE to work on a Disney cruise ship after my program!

3. AussiePrincess

lol...yep!!! I did the ICP program 2009 (full service F&B at Tuskers and attractions at Adventureland) which I LOVED! Been back home for a couple of years and just missing the magic too much so applied for DCL. Australians need to apply through an agency in Qld (you can find all the info on the DCL jobs site) and they're really strict about the 2 years of relevant experience (not that impressed with the previous Cast Member experience which was frustrating). But yes, Australians can def work on the cruise!!! (If you get the chance while you're on your ICP program do a cruise as a Guest...it's a FANTASTIC experience!!!)

4. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

Aussieprincess, Who do you know on the Magic?
    The magic def has the best itinary but it's slowly falling apart. Internet doesn't work in stairwell 15 unless you keep your door propped open (DVD in the top of the door!) and the plumbing is less then desirable... But other than those little glitches, It was my favourite ship and you get make your own pizza on sea days.. which are AMAZING! :)

5. AussiePrincess

Hmmm...thanks for the heads-up about how to keep the door open for internet!!! I know DisneyGibbs from when we were both doing programs at WDW...and I've already heard some plumbing horror stories from her...but hopefully the fabulous bits will outweigh the not-so-fabulous bits! (And now I'm excited about pizza...yay!!!)

6. cowza

cowza New Member

Best ship? No such animal. Whichever one you end up on will always be your home and you'll detest the idea of going to any of the others. The longer itineraries can be a little less stressful and you see more places... but the shorter ones mean more mall days and potentially more tips if you are in a tipping position. Longer itineraries are more likely to have more demanding guests... the shorter ones have a lot of first cruisers... so they are easier to impress. I really wouldn't worry where you end up :)