Birth certificate

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Swantje, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Swantje

Swantje Guest

I have a question concerning the birth certificate which is required for obtaining a social security #. International Services wrote me that it has to be an English translation of the original, but on this site it says that I have to bring the non-translated original. So, does anyone of you know what to bring?

2. *tinkerbell*08/09

*tinkerbell*08/09 New Member

Hi Swantje!
    I didn't know that it has to be in english, my own is in german and at my college they didn't mention that it has to be translated. I will bring my german one. hope that's ok!

3. berle.s

berle.s New Member

Hi,

Make a copy of your german birth certificate, that should be enough.

I´ve brought it to an offical translation agency. They translated the german certificat into english. I will bring both the german and the english one. I think with both I will be on the secure site. If you want, you can do it, too.

4. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

You should be able to get an original birthcertificate in english from the place who issues them in your country.

5. george544

george544 New Member

uhm that's weird, we went to the social security office and the only thing they asked us was the passport, the DS form that Disney sent and the I94 form that you get in the plane and that's it they didn't ask for a birth certificate

6. *tinkerbell*08/09

ok... confused!
    I'm not in my country and I won't return before living for disney. can I translate it or give it to some english teacher?

7. *tinkerbell*08/09

ok i'll try to find someone here in portugal or call again to good old germany, maybe they can send it like they did with the original one!

8. *tinkerbell*08/09

lol yeah, pretty nice and confusing too ;-)
    I live and study here (Portugal) since i was 8, so i'm doing the WDWICP with other portuguese students from my college for 5 months (too short!).
    do u have msn messenger? i added u yesterday...

9. RolfCarle

RolfCarle New Member

Hi!!! :)
    You're living in Portugal!!! It's amazing... Where? Cuz I'm Portuguese and I'll go to Disney this August too, doing de J-1 Academic Program just like you :)

So... Nice to "meet" you. :)

10. *tinkerbell*08/09

Ah ok Swantje! i'll send u an email ;-)

Rolf, that's great i've heard about more students from here going on the same dates, but you aren't from my college aren't you ? lol I studied and lived in Porto. just finished it...

11. *tinkerbell*08/09

Yes, but this can be because people from Portugal are in the international College prog and you from germany in the cultural representative prog. but there are germans arriving on the 19th aug too!