birthday!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by abY, Sep 6, 2006.

1. abY

abY New Member

do they give you the happy birthday pin? or you got free day or something?

2. kristen@disney

kristen@disney New Member

Hi,
    You have a few options when it comes to birthdays. I had mine off so I didnt have to work but you can get a pin. You have to get it yourself from one of the parks and Im not sure but I dont think you are supposed to wear it at work. I bet you could though. Like what manager would say no. My manager was really cute and gave me a card and actually got the pin for me. It was sweet. So its kinda up to you what you make of your birthday.

3. nic

nic New Member

hi every1
    its ma 21st wen im there so i wanna do sumthin amazin. im gona ask 4 the day of but not sure wot 2 do in the day and at nite. any1 got any ideas?
    wud b helpful
    xxxxxx

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

What days your birthday?

If its a thursday...i would advise a day in MGM to get your pin and have fun and then go to club paris on the night..

On that night..its the University of Central Florida student night and its so good, we went last year for my birthday and although i wasn't 21 we still had a mint time..mainly coz i got pissed before..

But anyway..if you 21 you get free drinks until midnight as far as im aware..

Best thing to do is look on the website..it gives you all the info on there about it..but i would definetly rate club paris the best night out i had in disney..it even beats the legendary nights at jungle jims!

5. nic

nic New Member

my birthday is on a thursday funny enuf. that sounds gud. do u only get ur free pin from mgm then? i think disney shud buy m sumthin ha ha. i love sea world but we wont get discount of that place will we?
    nic xxxx

6. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..you'll get discount from seaworld..you've just gotta go 2 Company D, in the disney university..think they only have a limited number of tickets tho..So you've gotta book abit in advance i would say..But just depends how popular the day your going on i suppose..

As for the pin you can get it at any park as far as im aware..But for me mgm is the most fun park to be honest..i went to magic kingdom the most obviously because i worked there..but i didn't really visit the park on my days off anywhere near as much as i did mgm..

7. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Get an annual pass for SeaWorl. It's just a few bucks more.

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..good point..You can get into busch gardens with it 2 can't you?

As well if your goin for the year...Its worthwhile getting one for universal as well..When i was there..i wish i'd done it now..but it was $130, buy one year, get one year free!!

9. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i went to sea world on my birthday, and it rained and rained. we were trapped in a gift shop for over an hour! and all the shows were canceled and the rides were closed! so we went back to disney, had dinner in the magic kingdom and watched wishes. :p

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I remember when i went to blizzard beach..and guess what..it rained..and guess what..it was at 2 O'Clock..So we got a rain out..

Did you notice while you were there that it rained everyday at 2 over summer?

11. nic

nic New Member

why, wot happens at 2? i hope it doesnt im only there for 3 months!

12. nic, if you're there in the summer, definitely expect rain almost every day in the afternoon. And thunder/lightning almost daily too. The good thing is, it doesn't usually last that long, and it stays warm. But when it rains, it POURS. Buckets. Which is fine...until you walk into the a/c! brrr.

13. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

yea it rained every day, but this rain wasnt just a short shower it rained for ages!!

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

The rain in florida is instant..Because it stays warm up cant predict when its going to happen..

You can be laid on the sunbed at the pool and within 10 seconds itll be pouring it down..

You could start to predict it after a while i suppose tho..When it rained pretty much everyday at 2, you just learnt that was the time to go and have you dinner in florida ;)

15. Jay1988

Jay1988 New Member

Just to inform people who aint bin 2 Florida, when it rains, it absolutely "lashes it down" but its still realy warm, its not like english rain, and it dnt usualy last long, and the thunder is amazin!

16. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i once went to wendys for lunch, by the time i got back i was soaked right through. ::)

17. rachet

rachet New Member

it's so hot though that everything dries up in about 10 minutes after it's stopped raining!

o no, i've just realised if im in merch, when it rains the shops will get crammed full!!! please dont let me be working in somewhere that sells ponchos... ::)

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I remember going down to the pool one day just in my shorts and it started absolutely chuckin it down..so i had 2 run all the way back to my apartment in the rain, with just my shorts on! And then as you can expect, by the time i'd got back to my apartment it had stopped!!

19. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Is it like Monsoon type rain? The sort when no poncho or raincoat is going to keep you dry, because it's just that heavy?!

Sometimes Florida rain is a good thing though... was there at NY a few years back, staying in Universal's Hard Rock Hotel, and it started thundering and lightening like you couldn't believe... Well, they had to cancel all the entertainment at citywalk, but had bands around which meant... free Cheap Trick concert for us :D Well, three songs... but still... free!!!

That said, don't think I'll be so positive if I'm on a pin-trading thing outside all summer...

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

It varies really, sometimes its heavy, sometimes its not..

Its never cold though to be honest..well not while i was there anyway..