BRITISH FOOD YOU MISS

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Gareth, May 12, 2007.

1. rachet

rachet New Member

and blue cheese pitas sound like they could be amazing! where's that from?

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I prefer KFC to be honest..

But its touch and go i suppose..

The bleu cheese pita is from bennigans..I never stop going on about it..Its so nice and the place is dirt cheap..Its like $7 or somethin for the bleu cheese pita (not sure what its actually called but thats what i call it!)

The place is heaven to be honest..I keep on going on about it..But when you get to america, you will realise why i have done! haha..

3. Emi

Emi New Member

Ewww blue cheese is maybe the most minging thing on the planet. It tastes like what hair dye would taste like! :-X

4. irn bru rules and is probably the one thing that I will miss the most. :'(No way to get it over because of the 'secret recipe' that Barrs has.

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

:mad: You obviously haven't tasted the one at bennigans then..Its amazing..So be quiet! haha 8)

6. linsey

linsey New Member

alas no. last time i lived in the states I tried buying regular bacon to make and it didn't work. it's just the type it is and how they make it. you can't beat danish bacon :-\

7. linsey

linsey New Member

i can't eat from fast food places. mcd's, BK, KFC and Wendy's all make me feel ill and worse places make me throw up. After a subway meal I just feel far too full to move because I wolf it down fast! So even though it's bagged veg and not entirely 'fresh' i'll take it any day of the week. what I would love too though is a panda express. I don't think they have them in florida much though so any good chinese place will do fine :)

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I always wanted to experience a american chinese all you can eat..In england they are well good usually..

So i bet there even cheaper and better in america..Thats what most places were like in america i thought!

9. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

omg the all u could eat chinese in san fran was so good seriously we had to be rolled out the door lol think it was like $15 dollars and u could choose the food ad they would cook it up in front of u as well as choose premade dishes

10. linsey

linsey New Member

there's a fabulous chinese buffet in kissimee I've been going to for years. the golden china. wonderful stuff. but i love panda express. it's a fast food chinese where you get three main course-y bits, rice/noodles all on a big plate for about 7 dollars and it rocks. their orange chicken is to die for. I lived on it for most of a year. And the chicken and cashew nuts. omg I want some now!

11. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

hey,you can get irn bru here easy as,they sell it at walmart,publix and at suzz wall!!!! woohooooo!!!!

12. wow after all that worrying about having to go without irn bru and there was no need. I never knew they sold it at Walmart. I never noticed it when I went there on holiday last year

13. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

To be honest, i was thinking that i'd seen it..Wasn't 100% tho..Think they do walmarts own brand don't they?

I might be wrong..Just had a flash back tho! haha..

Them chinese places sounds awesome..

Where are they? I love chinese..Ill definetly have to go back there when i go out this time..

14. linsey

linsey New Member

there's a decent chinese at the premium outlets I think in the food court? I live those style of over the counter, fast food chinese places. We need more here! Florida Mall has a decent one too. I think every mall has one.

Just remember though if ever ordering take out chinese that the portions are HUGE and last for two days at least! So you never have to over order on anything or get extras, lol :)

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I didn't even realise there was take away chineses in florida!

As for the one in the outlet malls, i had one of them one day and it was soo nice to have chinese food again..At the price of $10, but it was worth it, i'd missed it more than i realised!

16. pinkspideruk

im really going to miss decent indians! ive never realy been anywhere in the states where they do proper indian takeaways or peshwari naans

17. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

They gave you voucher booklets all the time at disney in your letterbox, im sure there was a few indian restaurants/take aways in there..Its the best place to find all the food and clothes places you need to know!

18. JenniferK

JenniferK New Member

Hmmm so can you get like nice healthy food like salad? and nuts and stuff? Oh dear I am aware that Florida is hardly California, but there must be some healthy, low fat places???

19. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

$10 for a buffet? because that would be pretty impressive- it's £10 for one most places I know!! Even $10 for some Chinese is pretty much normal price really, tad on the expensive side but chinese is worth shelling out for sometimes :D Haven't had some in ages... i now have a craving for crispy chilli beef...

20. pinkspideruk

elusive are u in cardiff? have u tried pearl of the orient in the bay omg their crispy chilli beef is to die for!!! mind u the fortune house all you can eat deal is pretty amazing too at £16 its a bit on the expensive side but the range of dishes is incredible.

u can buy fruit and stuff in orlando. on i-drive there s anice slad bar the something tomato? its up the road from skull kingdom if i remember rightly.

problem with fruit and stuff is that its dead expensive in placs like walmart compred to the uk. also if u get salads they come in huge bags that dont seem to stay fresh for long.