BRITISH FOOD YOU MISS

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Gareth, May 12, 2007.

1. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

$10 for a buffet? because that would be pretty impressive- it's £10 for one most places I know!! Even $10 for some Chinese is pretty much normal price really, tad on the expensive side but chinese is worth shelling out for sometimes :D Haven't had some in ages... i now have a craving for crispy chilli beef...
    [/quote]

Nah, its $10 just for the meal..Its quite steep tho, because its in the mall and there all pretty steep the food courts in the malls..Its about the average price tho for a chinese meal in england..Considering that was for chicken balls with the sweet n sour sauce, fried rice and a drink..

2. linsey

linsey New Member

that's why i don't shop in the florida mall though, everything is expensive there! okay, compared to UK prices it's still cheap, but the same shops and the same clothes can be a lot cheaper slightly further out of the normal tourist areas.

This is the one reason I'm pleased my parents are going to be there, so they can take me up to lakeland and to LBV outlets. belz (or what used to be belz) isn't too bad, and the premium outlets also.

At uni I went to pando express for a 2 dish entree with rice or noodles for 6 bucks and then the drink would be about 1.50 or so. I'd then sit in the computer rooms on campus and do my work while eating. Those were the days :)

3. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

Theres a nice Indian at Crossroads. A proper wee genuine family run one.

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Near jungle jims and buffalo wild wings?

5. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Oo, that's definitely on my list. The only one I've heard people talk about is China China, and although the idea of unlimited ice cream (pizza hut style) is tempting, it just doesn't sell it to me... crispy chilli beef to die for on the other hand...

Is the Fortune House the one on Salisbury Road? Or am I getting confused?

6. im deffo packin Tetley Tea Bags, cant do with me Tea....unless i can buy it over there?
    It HAS to be Tetley....dont wanna any other crap....lol

7. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Tesco's Premium ftw

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Im 99% sure you can get it in publix in the english section..

I don't even know why im replying to this post as im talking to you on msn! haha..

9. tbh, apart from tea bags i think ill cope without any british foods.....coz the only british foods i like are the stuff my mum makes, and i no i aint gna get that over there....lol
    im lukin forward to gettin boxes of Lucky Charms - which i havent eaten in many years.....and also drinkin Mountain Dew....coz its gorgeous!

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Mountain jew is so nice i agree with you on that one..I really was into powerade while i was over there, maybes coz i got it free at work and the sugary taste got me addicted! ;D

Thing i love about america in terms of food is that i love big portions and thats what u get over there..Its the best..

11. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I found the milk too watery and the bread was too sweet. Think ill need to do some brand testing to find some I like.

12. hayleylovesorlando

hayleylovesorlando New Member

I think most of all I will miss chocolate! Hotel Chocolat here is so lovely-then again they do have a Lindt shop in the millenia mall!! There are so many amazing restaurants in Orlando though, chocolate is a sacrifice Im willing to make!!

13. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, have you been to bennigans? haha ;D Had to get that one in!

14. hayleylovesorlando

hayleylovesorlando New Member

Yes I have been there before, I know why you love it so much! Never tried the bleu-cheese thing though, you seem to like it! One of my fav restaurants is Seasons 52, love it!

15. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I've never been there before, where's that?

Finally someone who's been there and appreciates why its actually so good! haha.. ;D

16. linsey

linsey New Member

i remember being so cunfused at first over the milk. whether it was full, semi, or skimmed since they don't actually tell you properly! But eventually worked out which one is best to get for my taste too :)

17. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

I think 2% is semi-skimmed... ???

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, im sure they were all in a freezer as well..I was like :-\ Is that milk? haha..

19. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

the worse mistake i made was getting buttermilk bleargh!!!!

elusive - yeah i think thats the one its so good!!!

also down the bay in the red dragon centre theres a place caled i think china garden or something - all u can eat buffet for £13 which includes starters and desserts too as well as the main the downside is the drinks are way over priced i think a double vodka and coke cost like £4ish but cant remmeber exactly

theres also the dim sun and cocktail bar - havent been there yet but ive heard good things about it and seriously chinese and cocktails how can that be bad? hehe

im not a huge fan of china china to sit down and eat i never know where im supposed to be in there lol but their takeaway lunches £5 for all u can stuff into the box is good hehe

20. linsey

linsey New Member

yeah i think so. 2% and i think if you get one that says vitamin d on it, you're good. it's i think a blue container most places...

i'll remember when i see them!