brm brm brmmmmmmmm.....yay Cars! :)!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by lizziewizzie, Mar 31, 2005.

1. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

Hey peepods! Does anyone know if these bus things they put on for us are worth it? Do they come on time? Etc? where do they go? Is their worth really worthlessssssssss! And is it worth buying a shiny little convertible! hehe! :p Or just an ordinary car of course!?!
    Also anyone know any where (like englands www.autotrader.co.uk) online to buy cars in america? fank u everyoneeeeeeeeeeee x

2. Chloe

Chloe New Member

As far as the buses to work? I would think so! lol And to Wal Mart etc - I don't think we'll have any problems.

I think the money you'd spend buying/insuring/fixing etc a car would probably wipe you out. I'm planning on hiring one as and when I need it - days off & such

3. gry

gry New Member

The bus system is great, it works! But it only takes you to Disney parks and Wal Mart (and Florida Mall ones a week, if you sign up for it)
    Having a car is great! It's totally worth putting some money into it...
    I don't think I would have stayed a year without a car.
    The beach is only an hour away, but that's a looong hour without a car.

Of course hiring a car is great too, cause there's lots of fuss with the paperwork and licence and stuff before you can go driving ..
    But I think it's worth it.. And you may find cars that are not that expencive, but it's the incurance that costs (100$ and up a month)

4. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

cool cool! im definately getting a car i think. im saving now so hopefully will have about $3000 aside for one. Just an old second hand one is fine :) But i heard they're cheaper in the states anyway than here so i mite get a little nippy thing. Do u know if u have to pay for the disney bus?

5. helen

helen New Member

I don't think I will be getting a car when I'm out there don't think I fancy driving abroad.

p.s That photo made me smile then made me  a little sad, That car is almost like mine now (mine is not a convertible tho) I'm having to sell my car b4 I go to Florida!!! gutted :(

Helen x

6. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

hey helen, wot interview u go to? I sat next to a helen in the presentation thingymebob! on 28th feb?

7. helen

helen New Member

Hey Lizzie,

Yeah I was there on the 28th, I was sat on the front row but the end seat where the door was.

Helen x

8. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

oooh cool :) so u go out in december? u excited? :) x

9. helen

helen New Member

Can't wait, just over 8 months to go. lol ;D

What will you be working in when you get out there? merch or f&b?

10. CrEsT

CrEsT New Member

A Norwegian friend of mine at the commons just bought a 1995 Ford Mustang... which is a really cool ride for just... $2,800 !!!

You can get a nice car for under 3K

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Ford Mustang :eek: I'm lovin' it!!!
    Well as for the other questions NO you don't have to pay for the Disney busses. They will take you to the parks, waterparks, grocery stores nearby and Wal-Mart. They didn't even go to the Florida mall when I was there :( It's always good to have a car, if you have the money to buy one I say go ahead and do so. It's the best thing in the world when you can drive to the beach on a day off. It will also be easier to get to Downtown Orlando ( since a bus ride takes over an hour I think ). I didn't have a car ( because I'm poor lol ) and I still got around. You will have many friends with cars and just rent one if you want to go on a road trip.
    The worst part will be going to Wal-Mart without a car! It's such a DRAG! I was so glad I lived in Building 8 which was right next to the bus station. Wouldn't want to carry all your bags to Building 28.

Julia

12. Anna

Anna New Member

I'd love to buy a car out there, but I really don't think I could afford it.

I'm selling my car over here too, and Im gutted as well lol shes my baby :( and we've been round the country a few times together :(

13. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Anna, I know what you mean! I had just bought my car a few months before I went to Orlando and had been going on HUGE trips with it!
    Always hard to part from a car! I basically live in mine!

Julia

14. Anna

Anna New Member

I think I have lived in mine too, I've literally been all round the country in it (cos of my boyband obsession ;) ). I'm going to miss the independence of having my own car.

It goes tomorrow :( have to say goodbye (oh lord im worried about saying goodbye to a car, god help me saying goodbye to everything else)!!

15. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

haha...How are you at driving on the opposite side of the road Lizzie?

16. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

I still payin for my car! I'm gonna leave it for my mum and dad to look after! then it will be waiting for me when I get back!

17. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i'd love to have a car out there....... otherwise my plan is find a nice guy who doesnt mind drivin me around LOL

xxx

18. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

:( :( :(so jealous!!!!!

i wish i could drive!!!hmm lets hope i pass my test when i come back from florida!!

;D

19. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

You could make your drivers license down there in Florida. It's sooo much cheaper ( and easier ).

Julia

20. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

what age do u have to be.....would love to give it a try!!sadly i am only on 3 month! program if i were on year program i would defo give it a go!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D