Call-In Personal

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by adjonline, Aug 4, 2005.

1. adjonline

adjonline New Member

Wonder if someone can help me out...does anyone happen to know how calling-in personal works and how many times it can be done. Also, can you go to a park on a personal day? If it matters, I'm International College Program.

2. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Hey,

when you call in personal you get a point on your record card, 3 points in 20 days and you get a reprimand, which means a talking to from your manager, but if you get a reprimand then you can't go on to be a trainer or anything until your record has cleared, i think it's something like 3 months.

i wouldn't advise calling in personal unless you have to, it lets your team down and isn't fair. I got called at 8am the other day, along with about 5 other people cos 3 others had called in personal, ended up going in a couple of hours early. If you call in sick then no you can't go in the parks, they can track everything on your id, especially when everywhere around here does CM discounts, if your caught using your id to get into a park then your in big trouble, they can terminate you for it.

Sorry to go on but i really wouldn't recomend callin in unless you have to cos it's not fair on the rest of the team.

Bry

3. pham_tastic

pham_tastic New Member

I wouldn't be too worried about the points. Unless you think you'll ever work for Disney again... (remembering that working for ABC, Animation, Imagineering, Hyperion, all the cable channels, etc, etc is working for Disney) you don't need to worry. You're not allowed to apply for positions if you have a certain number of points... Your record card also gets wiped clean every month.

If you call in personal, you can still go to the parks and PI. If you call in sick, you can go into the parks from backstage and still use Fastpass. If you go thru the gate, like the guy said you could get terminated, but I heard it's like 3 or 4 points.

I've extended my shifts because ppl have called in, but I've always said no when they asked me to come in on my day off. They don't treat us well enough. As for letting ppl down, well, I know for a fact that there have been two "call in" strikes at Epcot. A bunch of Future World custodial called in one day, and also a bunch of CP's at Electric Umbrella called in.

4. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

What's the difference between calling in sick and calling in personal? (I realise what being sick is, :p , but have never heard of a day off for "personal"?)

~ Jen

5. Dan

Dan New Member

Only call in personal if you really NEED to. And in need, that means because you have a genuine reason to be off. Not because you cannot be arsed or are hungover.

Like Bry, I got extended or called in early when in Merch, whilst some co-workers sunned it up by the pool. It isn't fair on your teammates. Especially in the busy times. I remember in New Years Week, something like 7 people called in on one day, and they weren't all genuinely ill. It's annoying, as the likes of us who did work, ended up accumulating between 50-60 hours in an already hectic week. It's a bugger when it happens, and then if they can't find cover, breaks can be 4-5 hours apart and the rotations around the shops removed just so they can fit all the necessary tasks into the day.

Dan

6. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

what exactly is calling in personal?? when u have to go on a family thing or something. im confused. When u ring up sick u say..."hey im not gonna be able to come in because i have a stomach problem" etc etc. U dont say "hey im calling in sick" U always have to explain. So when u call in personal...Wot do u say? "hi im calling in personal"

i just dont get it!!!!

7. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

im a bit confused on that too?? ???

8. Dan

Dan New Member

If you can't attend work for any reason, other than being ill. If you're ill, you'd make a sick call. If you have something else going on, perhaps domestic issues for example, you could opt to call in Personal.

Dan

9. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

yeh well i just call in sick when i have personal things. boyfriend break ups etc. when ur in tears after rowing with parents. i just ring in sick over here :) so i'll do that in usa too. Not that i plan on going sick ever :) hehe xx

10. lizziewizzie

lizziewizzie New Member

do u get points on your record card for being off sick?

11. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Calling in personal is for any reason other than being sick. Eg. A parent who has to stay home with their child for any reason. If you call-in personal, you can go into the parks and basically do whatever you want and not be termed. Although, I wouldn't recommend going by your work area because you really aren't supposed to call-in and then be out and about in the parks. You get 1 point for each personal call-in.

You call-in sick, when you are sick. They can ask for a Dr's note if they want. If you call-in sick, you can't use your ID for anything. You can be termed for that. You get 1 point as soon as you call-in, but, you can call-in for up to 3 days and still only have that one point.

You can get a reprimand for...
    Having 3 points in 30 days
    6 points in 90 days
    12 points in a year
    Something like that and I think there is another one for 180 days, but I can't remember it.
    Your record card doesn't get cleared after 30 days. Your points will always be there, so you have to watch that even though you know you're safe for a month that you don't get caught in one of the higher timeframes. You can have 3 reprimands before you get termed. Reprimands can be wiped away but it takes a few months.

You will all probably call-in at least once just because. It's so easy. You just dial-up a number and say you're calling in personal or sick or whatever. If you call at the right time, sometimes it's just a machine! Too easy really.

Shan

12. jenmacp

jenmacp New Member

Do you actually get paid for sick days like one should in a full time job? (Betting the answer's no...!)

~ Jen

13. Dan

Dan New Member

You bet correctly!

I think you get a bit of sick pay, but it isn't very much. If you're off for 3 days or something, particularly in Merchandise, it hits you hard in the pocket. That's why it's a good idea to save up.

Dan

14. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

You get some sort of sick pay thing on your final paycheck, but we could never figure out how that worked.

Shan

15. Robert

Robert New Member

my managers say that the ONLY reason to call in personal is if you have sick kids, or you have to take someone to the hospital or death in the family or something like that.. i called in personal because i had to change apartment imediately and my managers told me i didnt have any "personal days" available so i wasnt really able to call in personal.. even though i had a good reason..

16. starzcrazie

starzcrazie New Member

ah thanks, but all these thing confuses me still... or maybe im too stupid to understand it!
    I think i just wont call in personal or sick unless i needa it! and hopefully i wont need it at all! :D

@ robert - i like your pic, its crazy and cute! lol

17. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

That's exactly what a personal day is for!!! Something urgent that comes up. Because it's "personal" they can't ask you why you called in...if they do, you just tell them it was "personal". I called in personal once because my family friends in the area (basically my second parents) had an emergency and needed me to watch their two little ones.

Shan

18. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Doesn't sound like anything in Merch has changed since you were here Dan!

We had extra magic last night and had 3 call ins, eneded up with 4 cast and floor stocker closing the entire pavilion with cart and queens having to close early and have france/IG manager do cannon with a security guard cos there weren't enough cast. Was a bit ridiculous!

with personals u just call up i think, haven't used it though, you don't have to explain it either i dnt think and the managers never ask. for the foodies it won't make much difference cos there are so many they are asking you to go home early, never mind extending cos someone's called in! lol. You guys all looking forward to comin out?

Bry

19. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I remember when we'd get taken from our shops in Canada to do Cannon. That was always entertaining!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shan