canada and uk post

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by doowop, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Well, just thought I'd make sure it was 100% accurate.
    The first "patriot" is actually "native", but otherwise its all good! I wouldn't even know the first word of the Irish national anthem so way to go!

And for any frenchies, its:

Oh Canada
    Terre de nos aieux
    Ton front est ceint
    De fleurons glorieux

Anyways, the UK is cool, unfortunately I've never been except one time I landed in London then took a bus to the chunnel to France. But ya, I agree that David Beckham rocks! And for football, I cheer for England since, as everyone knows, our Canadian team aren't quite as good as, lets say, our hockey team. Ranked 98th in the world! YES!!!!
    Look forward to meetin' y'all!

2. monkian

monkian New Member

no no no cheering for England bad bad bad!!!!! lol...ok scotland might not be very good..technically...but we are happy go lucky scamps...much more fun too support the tartan army!!!!

3. KC

KC New Member

For your interest and edification... The first four lines of "Amhrán na bhFiann" ("The Soldier's Song"), the Irish National Anthem are...

Sinne Fianna Fáil
    A tá fé gheall ag Éirinn,
    buion dár slua
    Thar toinn do ráinig chugainn.

which translates to...
    Soldiers are we
    whose lives are pledged to Ireland;
    Some have come
    from a land beyond the wave.

Uninteresting fact... what we sing as the national anthem is actually just the chorus of a longer song. I've no idea how the rest of the song goes, actually...

And if there are any out there who think that "Ireland's Call" was our national anthem... you need to watch less rugby :p
    KC

4. Hamina

Hamina New Member

Hi guys,
    im not uk or canadian.. lol
    Hope thats ok. Im german ..:)
    Im waitinglist.. so i have to wait ;) Its boring and drives me nuts so i thought i post here ;)
    Maybe i see some of u in FL.. i hope so!!

5. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I'm sure its fine, as someone posted before, everyone should post here. After all, it is Disney World and not Disney UK or Disney Canada! Germany is pretty cool, I was there for a couple of weeks a few years back. We were mainly in Potsdam and Berlin but we went to cool places like the Sans Souci palace and such. Good times.
    Ich bin ein berliner!!! (my social studies teacher told me that translates into "I am a jelly donut") :D

6. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

No cheering for england! (unless you are english of course). I will be bringing my Swedish flag and my Paraguay hat :p

Ana - We scots should be cheering for Trinidad and Tobago because it'll be the only chance we get to support Scotland in the world cup...and nobody will get that (they have a player called Jason Scotland...I'll just go now)

What!!! You mean the whole "Shoulder to shoulder" bit is not your national anthem? But i love singing that bit, its about the only reason (after the players legs) that i actually watch Rugby :D

Mhairi

7. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Well, I would cheer for Canada in the world cup.... but we're not in it :(

8. slightlymazmad

I know how you feel, Scotland arent there either.

But at the same time IF England win it then we'll never hear the end of it. It'll be like '66 all over again :( We've never heard the end of that one, they bring it up all the time especially at world cup time.

9. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I think I know what you mean. It'd be kinda like Americans who bring up "the miracle" for hockey whenever that was in the 70's or 80's...
    I like England coz of Beckham! Love actually is one of my favorite movies and I especially like the part where Hugh Grant says
    "We're the proud country of David Beckham's right foot, and David Beckham's left foot at that"
    or something along those lines...

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

That'd be the 1980 miracle on ice (Disney made a movie about it... Miracle lol) it's actually a good movie and USA and Canada got different covers (ours has a lot less Americana on the cover).

11. Lee_UK

Lee_UK New Member

as were on the subject of the world cup, im coming over from the UK on June 13th to work in Merch in UK bit in Epcot, was just wondering as im huge footie fan if the world cup is on TV in the US, would be gutted to miss it?!!!

Thanks guys
    LEE

12. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

Here are words from a true Scot, (like myself of course)

Scottish support 2 teams, Scotland and ANYBODY playing against England !!! :p

13. slightlymazmad

*Claps*

Very well said :D

14. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

It'll be on TV for sure - US have got a pretty decent team these days....

When I'm in England I support Scotland, if I was in Scotland I'd support England - not sure what that says about me :-\

15. doowop

doowop New Member

Everyone has to cheer England in the world cup!! coz we're gonna win it!!

Its comin home, its comin home, it comin...!!

woooo!!

16. slightlymazmad

In your dreams :p

Come on Trinidad!

17. Lee_UK

Lee_UK New Member

I HEAR THAT DOOWOP, cant wait for world cup, come on england

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Sounds exactily like us Canadians with our Hockey.

We chear for Canada and ANYONE playing the US (espeically the underdogs)

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID=149259&hubname=

I was in the crowd for these games and I want to say, that us as Canadians never booed anyone on the US until this incident. Then we booed one specific player. The media blew it way out of proportion, this website is fairly accurate. (note he was booed as mentioned on that page for every other game he played in the tournament)

19. doowop

doowop New Member

Come on ENGLAND!!!

20. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Umm... Go SOMEBODY! (I have no clue who's goign to the WC/let alone who's any good)...

Some nation need a fan to adopt?