canada and uk post

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by doowop, Mar 12, 2006.

1. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Jorden you want to be supporting either Sweden, Paraguay or Trinidad and Tobago ;)

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

lol well I heard Trinidad and Tobago were interested in joining Canada, so I suppose thats close enough lol

3. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Nah Jorden, you don't wanna get involved with the UK rivalries...go with Holland!

It's a cool country, they're a classy team, everyone there speaks English and I reckon you've got a half decent chance of passing yourself off as a Dutchman....

Everyone who doesn't have a country in the finals, support Holland 8)

4. Jorden

Jorden New Member

lol allrighty... What colours do all these teams wear anyway?

5. Megara

Megara New Member

I shall be hiding during the world cup, I hate football with a passion.

Hamina, bring some more non-english-as-a-first-language people over here!!!!! We are going to be one big happy family, might as well get going meeting everyone now ;D

6. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

Seconded, I'll do some posts in botched French if it makes other people more comfortable bout typing in English as a 2nd language!

Back to the footy (sorry Meg), England play in white, Scotland blue, Holland orange, Sweden yellow, and erm...Trinidad and Tobago.........red? Don't quote me on that last one...

7. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Just trying to figure out what colours NOT to wear so I don't get involved in some kinda rivalry down there (whenver I arrive, pretty sure it'll be after the world cup tho).

8. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Megara - Dont know how easy it is for you to hide, its going to be everywhere :p

Jorden - Holland is Orange, Sweden Blue/Yellow, Paraguay Red/White and Trinidad and Tobago Red with Black.

Maybe you shoud just pick one of the smaller teams and cheer for them :) To chose from we have:

Togo, Ivory Coast, Angola, Austrailia, Ghana, or Costa Rica.

9. Megara

Megara New Member

I think the only colour you will be safe wearing if you don't want to offend anyone is pink, or maybe snot green.

Hiding from the footy is easy. My parents hate it as well and everyone who comes in where I work knows I hate it, and that I work with knives ;D

10. MrMet_GB

MrMet_GB New Member

I wouldn't recommend Australia, unless you're happy to scream 'Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi' at the top of your voice for hours on end :)

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

lol well most of my stuff is red/black as it is anyway (probably my 2 fav colours) so my original choice of T&T might stand... allthough it'll be more in spirit than anything since outside of basic rules I know nothing about soccer/football.

12. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Ooo ... unlike the hockey thread this is one I can get behind. I love soccer(football). It's actually really big in my family. My dad, my sister and I all used to play and ref (indoor and outdoor) ... and my dad used to coach (not sure what happened, but we all stopped anything soccer over the last few years).

I'm not sure who I would cheer for, I would just sit in awe watching. I wish I could loft like that. Maybe Australia .... screaming sounds like fun, and I've heard many times that Aussies and Canucks are alot alike ... except Bush has a better reason to have trouble finding them on the globe.

13. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I'm sticking with england, you can't beat Beckham. I mean super star player, married to a spice girl... how can you get any cooler?!?

14. april25th

april25th New Member

I am Welsh and have decided to go with supporting Holland this year(i take it in turnsn lol)

15. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise New Member

Take it we are talking World Cup here??

Just too lazy to read the last couple of pages.

Of course I'll be supporting England...but I'll be making sure I work every match as we are doing 10% off at work during each match which means it might actually be busy!!

I'm not usually a big 'sports' fan, but might actually pay attention this time...maybe anyway!

xKx

16. Hamina

Hamina New Member

cool lol.. i thought u all was soooo busy with soccer lol
    i only wrote here, because im waiting list lo and im bored and thought it was a good idea to keep in contact with people from other countries :)
    Hope to get in soon :)
    FLOORIDAAA :)

17. doowop

doowop New Member

Disney baby!!! yeah!!!

18. Megara

Megara New Member

Re: canada and uk and everyone else please post

All good, I intend to make as many friends from as many differant countries as possible while I'm there, so I want to get going on my list ;D Chat away!

19. doowop

doowop New Member

yeah meg good work i wanna make as many buddies as possible!! xx

20. Megara

Megara New Member

Ok Mike, you and I can tag team, you make a friend and you introduce him or her to me, I make one and they get to meet you! I feel a huge 'small world' party happening at some point with all our new friends ;D