Canada Applicants Summer 2014

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Catherine09, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

Oh! That sucks :-\ Well I hope we'll all get accepted this year!! It would be awesome! :D

2. MariahDoesDisney

MariahDoesDisney New Member

Thanks!! I'm crossing my fingers for all of us!

3. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

The biggest advice I can give aside from being enthusiastic and smiling during the interview is to NOT go on and on about how much you love the parks, and love Disney movies, etc. etc. etc.

Disney knows you love their parks and their movies, if you didn't you wouldn't be applying - show your love for the company, but make sure it's honest... due some research about the walt disney company! know your facts! they'll really love if you know about them.

4. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

Thanks for the advice! :D I'll do my Disney homeworks after my final exams! :p

5. Elly1092

Elly1092 New Member

Thanks for the advice Shiftia! :)
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us! Hopefully we start to hear back soon.
    From what I've read ,things seem very different this year since we aren't applying through YummyJobs. It's kind of nerve-wracking, but hopefully it winds up working in our favor :)

6. MariahDoesDisney

That is REALLY great advice! I'm sure we'll all keep it in mind :)

7. Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble logging into their account on disneycareers? I haven't been able to log in for a few days now but I'm not sure if the system is down or if it's just me?

8. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

I had trouble too, but I changed my password and everything was fine after! ;)

9. MariahDoesDisney

That's what I had to do a couple of times, as well. I take it form the lack of posts no one has heard anything - good OR bad - back yet?

10. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

Several people received emails today that asked them to provide more paperwork, such as the Proof of Student Status form.

I received an email as well. However, it does not say whether or not we made it in to the interviews. It is only a paperwork request.

11. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

You received your email today (Friday) or yesterday? I hope I'll hear back soon! :-\

12. Elly1092

Elly1092 New Member

I got an email today (Friday) asking for documentation from my university!
    Hopefully I can figure something out, since the offices at my university are closed for the holidays...

13. KatieTuck

KatieTuck New Member

I've got the same problem :S

They want it back within the next week too....

14. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

I received the email today but I was coming home today too!! So I ran to my university and got the papers completed!

At least we have some news! But yeah it's not very cool to ask those kind of papers like 5 days before Christmas! Almost every universities are closed now!

15. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

I got the email as well... I emailed back saying I wasn't In town until January and they emailed back saying the documents weren't a requirement at this time... If you ask me, those emails were sent out early... Probably a mistake... Who knows!!

16. KatieTuck

KatieTuck New Member

Well that's good to know. Especially because I won't be back at school until the 5th.

17. Elly1092

Elly1092 New Member

who did you email? Because I tried to email them and I got an automated reply saying they were out of office for the holidays.

18. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

I sent my email to the email address at the bottom of their original message about the student status form. I also got the automated reply, along with the message I referred to earlier!

19. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

Hey everyone! Just a note: even if you are not able to get your student status form completed, I bet it would be a good idea to still submit your passport and other information. :)

Something is better than nothing!

Best of luck everyone. Our patience may finally be paying off. :)

20. RachelBrynne

RachelBrynne New Member

Hi all, do think I should be concerned that I have not received an email? Anyone else not get one?