Canada Applicants Summer 2014

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Catherine09, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

13th! now comes the struggle to find roommates, lol

2. Elly1092

Elly1092 New Member

lol yup! I don't know anyone doing the program, so I'm going to have to figure out a way to get find roommates too :p

3. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

4. kristin.robinson

kristin.robinson New Member

Hi,

I don't know if this is the entirely right place, but I have a couple questions...

Firstly, I just applied to the J1 program two days ago- my application was accepted no problem, but everywhere I look, it seems like people have applied wayyyyy long ago. Do I still have a chance in being accepted? The deadlines and dates are so vague!

Number 2, how competitive is the application process? I wrote a decent cover letter and my resume is quite standard- I'm just wondering how high to set my hopes!

Thank you so much

Kristin

5. Catherine09

Catherine09 Member

Hi! If you applied 2 days ago, you applied for summer 2015! We applied in September 2013, we had interviews in late January 2014 and we got the job in February! For your second question, we don't really know what they're looking for! I had a standard resume and a good cover letter too and I got accepted! If you want more info, I suggest you to send them an email! You'll be able to know everything you want! :)

6. kristin.robinson

kristin.robinson New Member

Okay, awesome. A whole year of anticipation! Hehe. Thank you so much for your reply :)

7. missalice

missalice New Member

8. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

This is for Shanghai Disney, not the Canadian program in Walt Disney World.

You'd also have to be fluent in Mandarin to work there (pretty sure it's mandarin anyway)

9. ameliedisney

ameliedisney New Member

Hi everybody!
    I'm Amelie, 17 years old, and I will apply for the international program for summer 2015! (I will be 18 for the program, of course) I'm early, but I'm so excited!! ;D I'm from Canada too, and I live in Quebec. I have a question, and I don't really know if you could help me, but... Is it a problem if I will currently be doing my years of CEGEP? Do I absolutely need to wait until I'm in university? Also, I talk french, it is my native language, but I'm OK with English. I'm quite good, but I'm not bilingual... Do you think I could be accept, even if I don't talk like a dictionary? ???
    Thank you!! :)

10. Peter

Peter Administrator Staff Member

Salut Amelie! CEGEP is something specific to Quebec, and would be considered the equivalent of a college in the states. I think you should go ahead and apply, even if your English isn't perfect. The worse that can happen is you don't get selected and try again a year later, but work on your English anyway.

ameliedisney likes this.