Canada CRIP Waitlist

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vader1, Apr 24, 2007.

1. musicman06

musicman06 New Member

I'm waiting for my insurance as well...i think im gonna call now to find out if i was approved or not!!!

2. Linz

Linz New Member

You can ask them to email you a copy of your proof of insurance(receipt). Many companies will want to send a copy of it to you by email anyway. I got my email copy the same that day i bought it.

3. vader1

vader1 New Member

Hey linz almost got everything done just waitng got the package. So you said a lot of down time during the first week does not mean we have days off to go to the parks on the first week that would be cool

4. Linz

Linz New Member

Oh you'll have time off, but you won't have your pass to get in to the park yet. Your first two days (the paper work days) only last from like 9am to noon or 2pm, usually day 3 you get all day off. Day 4 is traditions(the day you get your pass and your schedule for the first week. you'll get 2 days off during that week, some people got the very next 2 days off, other start training right away). You can still go to downtown Disney those first few days, we went to Planet hollywood and house of blues. You'll also end up going to walmart a lot the first week. It's a pain because it takes up so much time to go there and you can only bring back as many bags as you can carry. :p
    You guys must really be getting excited now! You only have 14-15 days until you arrive!

5. musicman06

musicman06 New Member

12 days left until i fly out...i pretty much have everything done except to pack and pick up a few odds and ends. rest of the stuff im buying at walmart there :).

6. vader1

vader1 New Member

So linz how are the buses are they good when you need to go to work,wal mart, and of course the parks on days off I was wondering about them

7. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Best bus is Epcot (runs about every 20 min).
    Studios/Animal Kingdom is every 30.
    MK bus doesn't stop at the commons.

Wal Mart runs half days 5 or 6 days a week every hour.

DTD runs every hour

Waterparks/resorts are connections made from the above bus lines.

all in all some lines are good, others are HORRIBLE

8. vader1

vader1 New Member

All right I got my arrive package today wooooooo its real faxing the CBC to eric tommorw and the passport on the 16th insurannce is done its almost time i am getting exctied woooo

9. Linz

Linz New Member

Sounds like your all set. I never did get my arrival pack so i'm jealous. As for the busses, just like Jordan said it's not bad, better then what i was expecting anyway. It really doesn't take long to figure out the schedule and the connections. Keep in mind you can use all the regular disney transportation as well(ie monorail, bus, ferry). On days the walmart bus doesn't run (or on days it only runs while your working :p) Publix is a short walk away, or you can grab a bus to vista and go to walgreens. See ya soon!

10. vader1

vader1 New Member

Where do the buses drop you off at the parks are they at the front gate or elsewhere

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Every park is the front gate except Epcot which drops you off at cast services in the cast parking lot.

12. Linz

Linz New Member

Hey guys hows the packing going? With less then a week to go, you must be getting really excited!

13. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

Hey guys, nice to see everyone is getting ready to leave. I have about four months to go yet to i haven't done too much....yesterday we got some good news, Eric phoned my girlfriends and gave her a start date of Aug 7th, was kind of a surprise since he had previously emailed her and told her that she would have to re-apply. Anyways, everything worked out in the end, good luck out there guys, see you in a while

14. lululemon

lululemon Member

wow!

congrats to you and your gf, that is great news!!...when is you arrival date again...are you december with the rest of us??

ps...Linz how is everything going for you down there?? keep in touch!

15. vader1

vader1 New Member

Hey Joel thats is great that things work out for ya and your girl cougats and see u in florida

16. Linz

Linz New Member

Hey Lisa! Florida is awesome!!! your going to love it here.(but you already know that)! The work can be tiresome especially with the summer heat but it's so worth it. Lots f great people here. Can't believe there's still 4 months until you guys come down, seems surreal doesn't it.

Great news Joel! does your gf know what position she's being offered?

17. lululemon

lululemon Member

awwww, thats great linz!!

I know...it still seems so far away...but hopefully it'll come sooner than later!! have you been on the new journey into imagination yet? does it relate to your love of the original??

18. Linz

Linz New Member

I've been to see my little friend Figment 3 times now. It's nowhere near as good as the original and Figment is digitally animated for most of it. :p (where is the Dreamfinder???) But it's better then no Figment at all.

Your timing will actually be pretty good when you come down, because all the attractions they've closed down for renovation should be back up and running by then.

19. musicman06

musicman06 New Member

im down to my last couple days of gettin stuff ready.....2 more loads of laundry and just pack my carryon and laptop bag and im pretty much good to go :). I will be landing on tuesday the 17th around noon.

See you all soon!!!!

20. Jboucha

Jboucha New Member

She is going to be working F&B....just wondering, when you book the flight down, do you book to arrive on your exact start date? Even if the flights don't get you there till really late at night for example?