Canada international program.

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Madison, May 26, 2014.

1. Madison

Madison New Member

Hi there!

I'm interested in working in one of the cultural exchange programs disney offers at WDW for international students from Canada, but I'm having a bit of trouble. From what I understand, since I would not be getting credits to my university, the program I am looking to participate in is the J1 program. Currently on the wdw international programs website I see that there are applications open for the J1 program. What I'm confused at is that if you read the fine print, it says that a requirement is you must be available to be interviewed in either Brazil or Peru....just....what?? If anyone has any info or could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it. I don't know if i've made a mistake and am looking at the wrong program or something. I'm also interested in applying to work over summer 2015 and am unsure if the current applications that are being accepted are for 2014 or 2015?

Here's a link to the page I'm quoting
    https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=188998

2. sems

sems Member

3. Madison

Madison New Member

I remember it used to be that way too, but if you read it now it says "Individuals from Canada who are interested in applying for the Cultural Exchange Program can do so directly through the Disney International Programs website"

4. Hey! Thats what i want to do as well, thats just for the summer right? I sent an application in through the disney website and I figured if they were interested in me they would give me more information on where the interview is because no way does that seem right, there has to be people in Toronto who do interviews

5. Madison

Madison New Member

Ya, I totally thought that it was a phone interview anyways which is why I'm super confused. I guess I'll just apply too and see what happens :S Are you hoping to work summer 2015?

6. Yea I'm applying for summer 2015 I've been doing some other research and I think you can apply through yummy jobs in August for summer 2015 what position(s) are you interested in

7. Madison

Madison New Member

Well like most people I would love a role as a character performer, fairy godmother, attractions or photopass, but I'd be down for almost any role especially since its only three months anyways :)

8. Hey guys, I don't think the Canadian applications are open yet. Based on previous knowledge, they tend to open at the end of summer (August, but last year they opened in September).

9. Emilie

Emilie New Member

I read that it used to be a phone interview and then a in person interview but now its to in person interviews :) and yes the application for Canada is not open yet I believe :) and I also want to be a character performer!! :)

10. Cathy Ar

Cathy Ar New Member

Hi guys!
    I will soon be applying to the Walt Disney J1 Cultural Exchange Program from Canada (for Summer 2015), and I am soooo very excited!!! :)
    Madison, I seem to be having the same issue: When I come to apply, I also see that info saying that we must be able to come to an interview in peru or brazil...???
    And on the Yummy Jobs website, the applications opened this Monday, but there is an indication stating that Canadians should directly apply through the Disney website.
    What do you guys suggest? Have you found out the solution?
    Do you guys think that perhaps time has not yet come for Canadian applicants to apply?

11. https://www.facebook.com/groups/476093945859819/

Here's a facebook group you can join there's only three I us but it'l grow!

I'm not really sure I'm waiting to send my application until in hear some more info for us Canadians ! Maybe shoot them an email?

12. Cathy Ar

Cathy Ar New Member

Hey!
    Thanks for the invite! I'd be definitely willing to send them an e-mail to clear things up for all of us :p but whom should I send it to? That's what I'm wondering' :/ ...
    My friend worked as a cast member last year, and she did apply through YummyJobs!

13. It should be on the website! Ugh I wish we could still go through yummy jobs

Did your friend absolutely love it?

14. Cathy Ar

Cathy Ar New Member

I just sent Yummy Jobs an e-mail! Hopefully they'll clear some things up! I'll keep you guys posted (y) !

Oh yeses!!! :D She worked there as waitress in a restaurant called "Be Our Guest", in Magic Kingdom! The food there is AMAZING ;) !

15. Oh my god I would love to work there!!! She was able to do that through icp ?!

16. Cathy Ar

Cathy Ar New Member

I know, me too :D . Through the J1-Cultural Exchange Program!

17. Emilie

Emilie New Member

Thank you for sending that email! :) I had sent a email to yummy jobs last week and they never answered so hopefully you will get a answer! :p and i'm happy that there are more Canadians applying!! :D

18. Yea I don't think yummy jobs knows anything for Canadians since they're not running it anymore!

19. Cathy Ar

Cathy Ar New Member

Hi Emilie :D
    Alright, so YummyJobs responded to me saying that, as Mallory said, they are no longer responsible for Canadian applications. We need to apply through the Walt Disney International Program website directly, as stated on the YummyJobs website. Here is the link: http://ip.disneycareers.com/en/cultural-exchange-programs/cultural-exchange-program/overview/
    However, at the moment, they are not hiring Canadians, but rather people from Peru and Brazil who can speak Portugese. I was told that either in late August/September, application should open for us Canadian. ;) So excited! :D

Hope this helps!

20. Emilie

Emilie New Member

Thank you sooooo much!!!!!! :D me too i'm really excited!!