Canada Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vickig80, Mar 8, 2010.

1. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

Anyone still waiting to hear the results of the F2F?

2. aimeerose

aimeerose New Member

YES!! I can barely stand the wait. I had a dream last night that I got a call and got a position- but it was working at the tower of terror which is not even possible for CRP's...ha. I woke up and was like noooo it was all a dream.

Does anyone have any clue when we should be finding out? and How do you think your interview went?
    I keep on going over everything I said...I feel like it's possible I talked to much. Yikes!

3. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

I know! Ive been having the most ridiculous dreams lately about hearing from disney! it hasnt even been a week yet and its driving me insane :(
    You know i thought my interview went well... i had jeff, but i thinking back on it now i think i rambled waaaay to much - and might not have been as perky/enthusiastic because i was so nervous!

Any idea how many people they hire? waitlist? turn away?

4. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

There were a group of us talking to Kristen at the Vancouver interviews, and someone asked her roughly how many people they hire for the CRP program a year, and she said about 100 give or take, now I'm not sure how many people were at the other 3? (Montreal, Toronto, Halifax?) interviews, but we had 30 candidates here. Apparently, the bulk of the rejections is done after phone interviews.
    But really, it's been two days since mine and I'm just going mad. I had a dream that my mother received my rejection email as it would be to hard for me to get it myself? I'm so scared!!

5. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

we had probably around 40 at the toronto ones... but i know that they did a whole other round of interviews in january... and there are people on the waitlist from before..
    its really nerve racking :( did kristen mention when she would be telling people by?

6. aimeerose

aimeerose New Member

I think there were probably about 30 at the Montreal interviews. Kristin said more people will get in then won't get in. Did you guys interview one at a time or in pairs? We did it one on one which was a surprise.

7. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

ours was one on one... gah!! how long do you think it will be till we hear it?

8. aimeerose

aimeerose New Member

I think they said it would be a couple of weeks. I feel like it will be less though....but that's probably just wishful thinking. Time is moving sooo slowly.

9. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

ya i think they said 2 - 3 weeks... but thats at the latest i believe right?

10. KMac

KMac New Member

Hey guys! I was at the Halifax interviews for the CRP and we had about 25 people there for both programs. We only had Javier because Kristen and the other Disney Rep couldn't land due to weather. He told us that it should be about 3 weeks before we hear and I've definitely spent the whole time picking apart my interview! haha Did anyone else feel like it was really short?

11. aimeerose

aimeerose New Member

Ya I felt that my interview went by quite fast. I was the last interviewed of the day and I had Jeff. He didnt ask me the questions that I was expecting. I was excited to talk about Canada and Montreal and we barely even talked about it...although I think I still slipped some of it into my other answers. I wonder if it's just the interviewer that makes the decision...?

12. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

ya i had jeff as well and i didnt get one canada question! it was all about my past work experience... so im not too sure if thats a good thing :s

13. KMac

KMac New Member

Ok I'm glad I wasn't the only one! :) I did get a question about what people should know about Canada and since we only had Javier I'm assuming that he will be the one making the decisions (for Halifax anyways).

14. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

Ya - so im worried that since they didnt ask me any questions about canada, maybe he didnt like me that much?? ugh.. im not to sure - when did they tell the halifax people that they would start hearing?

15. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

i had javier as well, and he went through all his interviews very, very fast and had to take a few extra applicants because he had finished so ahead of jeff.
    i also found javier really intimidating. for those of you who got the "what would you tell people to do if they were to visit canada" question, or whatever it was, what did you guys say? i said the only way to really see canada is to go coast to coast on the trans canada, he seemed surprised that there was a highway that goes straight across the nation? haha. oh and also to end on the pacific coast so travellers could sail and ski in the same day (something my friend had said to mention after my phone interview)

16. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

Really?!? where abouts was your interview?! did kristen say anything else to you about the results or anything?

17. KMac

KMac New Member

vickig, I thought he didn't like me either because he ended my interview really abruptly. We were sort of in mid-conversation and he just said "Ok, that's all I need to know, nice to meet you!" So I don't know if it was a 'I've heard enough' in a good or bad way! :-\ And they told us in Halifax that we would find out probably three weeks from our interview, which would be March 20. Long wait! lol

helveticarocck, he gave me that question too. I talked about sports, because we were right in the Olympics when I did my interview, how friendly and welcoming we are, and made a joke that we don't all live in igloos. haha But I found him intimidating too because he was so quick about everything. Although he did tell us that he doesn't normally recruit in Canada or for the CRP, so maybe that's a good thing?

18. aimeerose

aimeerose New Member

All the ICP's are finding out the results and it's making me crazy! Does that mean we will find out soon? Probably not...

I had another Disney Dream last night where I got in but it was to work on the "Disney Train" which traveled all around the states and picked people up who wanted to go to Disney. weird.

19. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

haha!! i made a joke about igloos too, and how we're just as stereotypically nice and apologize for everything as mush as people say we do!

do you think they'll be more likely to choose people who have an open availability to go when the program starts july 13th? or at least more likely to place them at any time?
    ugh, this waiting is killing me (and it hasn't even been three days). i don't know how you guys on the east coast are dealing with it.

and also, disney train dream? sounds like a good idea to me.

20. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

I thought that the program starts at various dates and times with different intervals throughout the year... not on july 13th?