Canada....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by josie, Mar 4, 2005.

1. josie

josie New Member

hey guys

am going to canada at easter, to toronto and nigara falls.

just wondering if anyone could recommend anything thats a 'must see'
    and whats the weather like at that time of year?!

thanks!

Jo

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I have been to Toronto a few times and Eaton Centre is always fun! Yonge street (?) is also quite nice for shopping. The town hall is pretty cool, too. I also went out at nights and for dinner, but I don't remember where those places were and what they were called LOL Sorry....Hope to be over there soon again to check out more sights ;)

Julia

3. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

...and C.N. tower of course, tallest building of the world...sorry totally forgot hehe

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i'll just repeat all said above, ive been to both and i loved it! i'd really like to live in canada its great!

xxx

5. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Yeah, same here Sara. I am currently applying for jobs there! I love Canada! You will meet so many great canadians, too. They are awesome people, always fun to hang out with and party!

Julia

6. Lady

Lady New Member

So funny to hear you guys talking about Canada that way! I've lived here my whole life and can't really see the appeal! Wow, I'm going to make a great cultural representative, hey? Seriously though, it is very pretty and I guess the people are friendly for the most part, I guess I just take it for granted!

Chelsea

7. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

I think Julia meant Yonge street :D :D

Gary

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

And she said so you ASS LOL ( I love how you can modify your
    message ). I have been shopping there 10 years ago so sorry if I didn't spell it correctly :-[ Close enough though...

Chelsea...I know what you mean...grass is always greener on the other side I guess....see I was never too interested in Canada and then at Disney I met so many great canadians ( I partied more with them than with germans ), so I visited them and really noticed what a beautiful country it is :)

Julia

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

aww chelsea i love the place, have family in vancouver and toronto. its a great place. its like people always say good things about the UK, i can't see the appeal!

xxx

10. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Eaton Centre great place to go to, if you need any info, just let me know because I work in a retail store inside the Eaton Centre. You can go to www.toronto.com and there will be lots of good infos on there :)

Julia, actually I first thought Yongue was the german way of saying Yonge :) lol Guess I'm wrong :D

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

"Yonge" is an own name, why should we have another word for it? LOL

12. josie

josie New Member

cheers guys!

i've heard about the eaton centre - its massive! most excited about going there!

13. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Josie,

How have u been??
    Cool u r going to Canada!!!
    Hey my suggestion is that in Toronto go to see a Musical!!
    I love them all, went to see Mamma Mia!! and the Lion King there.
    One of the best musicals I have ever seen there.
    Guess at ur hotel reception u can get tickets there.

Well hope u spend some cool holidays!!!

Robb ;D

14. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Canada is a wonderful place (but perhaps i'm biased cuz i live here :D) Musicals, I highly recommend "Wicked" it doesn't start playing Toronto until March 7 and it's there until May 1st so if you're going in that time and you like musicals its worth the money! Plus i'd recommend buying tix before you go if you're able to cuz one never knows if it's going to be sold out. Only other place that I can think of to visit in Toronto,(I've only ever been to the airport there ::)) i don't really have much to recommend other than the Hockey Hall of Fame ;) cuz that's so Canadian.

Perhaps sometime you'll want to come out west and see Beautiful British Columbia :)
    No matter what you end up doing: Enjoy your trip!

15. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Oh yeah...the musicals...I watched "Phantom of the Opera" 10 years back in Toronto. It was AMAZING! We also just bought the tickets before the show and prices were really ok.
    Eaton Centre is definitely exciting, I just remember how huge it seemed to me back then ( afterwards I have been to the West Edmonton Mall so nothing really compared to that so far )...
    Ohhh BC Belle...definitely the nicest place to be. Vancouver is FANTASTIC!
    I also like Alberta though!

Julia

16. josie

josie New Member

gonna try and persuade my mum to see a musical! been to a few in london, but not recently, and since we're going for a speical occasion i'm sure she can be persuaded!

can't wait to go now! so excited!

jo

17. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

Another really great place to go would be Royal Ontario Museum Its in downtown toronto, it might take you the whole day though... lots of levels,and a ton of fun. There's the Hockey hall of fame, Bata Shoe Museum, lots of shopping, and the musicals are great too!

Have fun.

Erynn

18. brodie1

brodie1 Guest

If you really want to experince canada,visit a hockey game.Since the NHL is locked out the leafs won't be playing.But the next best thing is the Hamilton Bulldogs. www.hamiltonbulldogs.com or maybe even a Toronto Raptors basketball game.That is if you like sports :)

19. josie

josie New Member

really interested now in seeing a musical over there...

tried to do some research into whats on but haven't had much joy!

anyone got a ticket type website that would be useful? or know of a musical thats on at the moment?

thanks!

20. candianºoº

candianºoº New Member

Josie... Musicals are a lot of fun, I love them myslef. Right now in Toronto, you could see Mamma Mia, www.mamma-mia.com or try this sight, its one that I stumbled a cross a while ago... http://www.stage-door.org/toronto.htm it's got a listing of most theatre companies in Toronto and their seasons, or what's playing. I hope you find one you like.

when are you gonna be there?

Erynn