Canadian 2012

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by xxzazzzxx, Jul 4, 2011.

1. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

That was quick! It only lasted about 10 minutes... I hope I did ok!

2. lselbyma

lselbyma New Member

I'm sure you did! Most of the interviews seem to last about 10minutes, the probably just book them every 15-20 to be safe :)

3. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

Most of the phone interviews only last 10 minutes. Mine was 11 (at least that's what my phone said) and that was with long answers and a couple questions at the end. Very quick interviews. I'm sure you did great!

4. xxzazzzxx

xxzazzzxx New Member

Yeahh congrats! Now it's waiting time! :)

5. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

That's good to hear, I wasn't expecting it to be so short so I was a little worried about it, but I am glad to hear this is normal! But yes, back to the waiting game, hardest part for sure. *sigh*

6. xxzazzzxx

xxzazzzxx New Member

It's almost timeeeeeee for tha face to face! :eek: Everybody's getting ready?

7. lselbyma

lselbyma New Member

It's getting harder and harder to sleep!! Three days until Face to Face!

8. xxzazzzxx

xxzazzzxx New Member

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I'M FREAKING OUT!

9. Snowheyoh

Snowheyoh New Member

Good luck to EVERYONE going to the Face to Face interviews in Montreal this week!! I know you will all do well!!

Don't stress too much! It's a very chill environment. More like a conversation than an interview!

Again, Good luck!!!

10. lselbyma

lselbyma New Member

Thanks Lindsay!! Definitely looked at your vlog for the F2F again, it was especially great since yours was in Montreal too! Can't wait to get to the swanky hotel tomorrow! Hope to see you soon!

11. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

Good luck in the Face to Face interviews everybody!

12. Snowheyoh

Snowheyoh New Member

Good luck on round 2 on interviews!!! :)

13. chocolatecook

chocolatecook New Member

Had my phone interview on Oct 17th at 7AM. Now I wait 6-8 weeks to find out if I can go to Vancouver for my face to face. Hope everything went well back east!

14. lselbyma

lselbyma New Member

Today went SO well for the F2F!! Had a blast, met some AWESOME people and I won a prize in the trivia!!! Good luck with the waiting, I had to wait 6-8 weeks to hear about the results for my phone interview too, it's definitely tough! But definitely worth it!! I know you'll do great!

15. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

I had my phone interview the day after yours! But I'm hoping to go to Toronto F2F. It's been about 3 weeks now and I'm already getting antsy. :( Fingers crossed!

16. xxzazzzxx

xxzazzzxx New Member

Omg best week ever :D I was soooo happy to meet everyone !! I love you all disney people!!

17. mywonderland

mywonderland New Member

Hey Guys -- So even though I have been reading the boards for a while, I'm new to this whole posting thing! First off, I hope everyone had a great time in Montreal & I'm sure all your interviews went well :) My question is, and I hope this doesn't come across as rude or anything, and I apologize if it does, but if you're interviewed in the second round (Spring), what are the chances of being given a date from those interviews? After doing some research, it seems to me that the majority of people are hired from the first round of interviews and then the second round is just more like people who have been waitlisted (which isn't a bad thing either). But like what are the chances of actually being given a date from the Spring interviews?

18. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

There are two hiring sessions a year, usually spring and fall. From what I've heard there are about 60 positions in the Canadian Pavilion (10 merch, 10 attractions, and 40 F&B). I don't know how they divide up hiring - but there are positions ending/starting throughout the year.

From my research the last interview session (spring 2011) most people got dates until Jan 2011, but a few merch/attractions got dates up until may 2012. They always have situations of people backing out for personal reasons or not being able to get visas/other paperwork things. Also some that term or quit the program. I applied for the Fall 2011 hiring session and was given a skype interview as I have worked for Disney before. My start date is Jan 31/12 in F&B (So I have an earlier start date then some people who interviews in the spring 2011). There were 5 others that I know of that have done the program before get dates for jan/feb in F&B. This fall 2011 hiring session is going to be putting people in until July 2012.

With that being said, I believe there will be just as many positions for the spring hiring session for Aug 2012-Jan 2013. But I would say that there will be people from this last interview set who get attractions/merch dates after July 2012 (as there are some from spring 2011 interviews with dates technically in our start date bracket). I hope that makes sense. I know a lot of people from spring 2011 interviews were put on the waiting list. It will be interesting to see how many getting a date right away this time around. F&B seems to be a lot easier to get into as they need more people.

19. lselbyma

lselbyma New Member

Well, I'll be applying again next year :)

20. mywonderland

mywonderland New Member

Thanks roxy84 .. it just seemed to me that the vast majority of positions were filled from the first round and not the second round ... it makes me just a little bit unsure of the whole thing, if that makes any sense at all.

& iselbyma .. how did Montreal go? if you dont mind me asking of course .. i know we havent talked before (so i apologize if it seems weird) but i saw that you went to Montreal so i thought i would ask how it all went.