Canadian Applicants

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by anijac1412, Mar 1, 2010.

1. kate003

kate003 New Member

Nope, still no word. Its stressing me out, and when I've called in the last few days the answering machine is in french so I don't know what it says! The interviews are in 2 weeks... It feels a little too last minute.

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Guys, don't stress! Keep in mind some Canadians get hired without a f2f!

3. Emily

Emily New Member

Hey tinkithink,

Eric e-mailed me and said he wanted to have a "discussion" and that DCL will be holding interviews in Toronto March 8 and 9. I think we have to have an interview. Were they holding interviews around the time you were hired? Or do all Canadians just have to have a phone interview?

4. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

There were quite a few of us who applied/got hired around the same time for the Canadians, and none of us had to have a F2F. I know a group of Canadians a few years ago who DID have F2Fs, and another group who didn't. I think it varies, but I don't believe a F2F is REQUIRED to go work on the DCL.

5. xoxoKristina

xoxoKristina New Member

Hey everyone!
    Just thought I should write about my interview process as I DID have a F2F interview! It started with a phone call that lasted about 20 minutes.. I guess you could call it a phone interview but it was really relaxed... He just went over my CV, explained everything I needed to know about working for DCL and told me how to interviews worked. So really nothing to stress about there! It felt like I was just talking to a friend! Then for the actual interview, again, super relax! It was a bit of a long day.. We had to be there at around 9 I believe.. We all went into a room (there were about 20 of us) gave in our paperwork that we had to fill out prior, and watched a video all about working for DCL. Then he gave us our one on one interview time. Mine was quite a few hours later as they interviewed the out of town people first. So I headed back for 330 and met up with a girl named Missy who works for DCL. She was SOO nice! She's the one who conducted the interview! Again, we went over my CV, told her a bit about myself, why I want to work for Disney and really just talked! She makes you feel really comfortable! And it only lasted about 15 minutes! So guys please don't stress over the interviews, cos I know I did! They are all SO nice and helpful! Good luck everyone! Keep us posted!

6. Emily

Emily New Member

Thanks Kristina for the great information! I wish it made me a little less nervous, but I don't think anything will.

I got an e-mail from Eric today and my phone interview is on Wednesday. I hope it goes well!! Hopefully Kate has heard too!

7. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Good luck Emily!! let us know how it goes!!! ;D and dont be nervous, the interviews are soooooo chilled out!!! :D

8. kate003

kate003 New Member

Yes!! I have a phone call on Thursday! :) Good luck Emily, hopefully we'll be seeing each other next week!!

9. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Good luck kate!! ;D

10. awesome guys, best of luck. I never heard anything back, so I can only assume that we applied too early and Eric forgot about us?? I don't know, I thought we were pretty competitive candidates.

anyway, congrats again!

11. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Good Luck Kate!! Let me know how it goes!!

12. Blondie85

Blondie85 New Member

Hi Guys! Have any of you heard anything yet? how did the interviews go?

13. kate003

kate003 New Member

I had my interview today!! It was alright, I spoke way too fast though I'm pretty sure. and she wanted to make sure I knew how horribly tough it was going to be and that I wasn't going to be treated very nicely by the other servers until I proved I wasn't 'another lazy canadian/american who was going to quit in a week' :S

and we're suppose to hear back next week!

14. Emily

Emily New Member

Hey Everyone!!

I decided not to go through with the interviews because I could not commit to the 6 month contract of a server. I will definitely apply again after I am finished school, but I can't take a semester off at the moment. But good luck Kate!!!!