Canadian Applicants!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by lauraICP, Aug 9, 2012.

1. KiaraG

KiaraG New Member

Any ideas on how many people will be at the interview? And do we get one on ones or group interviews?

2. DisneySparkles

DisneySparkles New Member

It's a one on one interview, but there's a group presentation at 8:30, or at least that's what I'v been lead to believe.

3. princesskat

princesskat New Member

got my email! im probably going to choose monday as well since i only will have to miss one class on that day. since i live about 45 minutes from toronto ill just take a bus i guess. yay!!! hopefully that day is not full yet!

4. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

GOT MY EMAIL! Hopefully going to the Montreal interview, just waiting for confirmation... IM SO HAPPY!!!!

5. DisneySparkles

princesskat: Hey! Hopefully we'll see you there!

laura: Way to go! :D

6. Justinee

Justinee New Member

I GOT MY EMAIL!!! I'd like to go to the Montréal interview, still have to wait for the confirmation! :) So excited!!!!

7. Shiftia

Shiftia New Member

Anyone have advice for flights? I'm flying out of Alberta, and current prices are looking to be about $600 for flights alone. Not even including a hotel room. O_O

8. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

Woah... Have you tried different airlines? That's crazy:s
    I guess I'm really lucky to be going to the one in my city!

Justine: seems like we'll both be attending the Montreal interview! Can't wait to meet everyone!
    Christmas has come early, you guys:)

9. AlbertaGirl

AlbertaGirl New Member

I'm flying out of Alberta as well and through expidia you can get a hotel and a room for 4 days for about $600

10. whiterabbit

whiterabbit New Member

Got my email too! If everything goes according to plan I'll be going to January 28th interview too :D

If it's anything like last year they'll have us all sign in as soon as we get there. They'll be sending us some forms soon we need to fill out and bring with us to the interview and they check those when we get there. Then they do some trivia (with Disney themed prizes of course) and they show us a video which explains all the details of the program and talks to some of the past participants (the video gets you REALLY excited). Then they give you an interview time and tell you to come back at that time.

There were about 30-40 people at the interview and there were two rooms, one where the interviews took place and a waiting room where you can talk to everyone and make some new friends :)

11. whiterabbit

whiterabbit New Member

I should clarify that there are 30-40 people but each person is interviewed one on one. so you don't have a bunch of people watching you :p

12. lauraICP

lauraICP New Member

Sounds awesome! I was expecting more people though! Did you go to Toronto last year?
    I'm getting SO excited for the whole presentation, everyone is raving about it!

13. princesskat

princesskat New Member

shiftia: go on www.cheapoair.com or www.hipmunk.com to try and find something really cheap. i just went on now and to fly from calgary to toronto was $550...so slightly better. the prices might also go down the closer you get to that date.

and im so dumb and didnt email kristen back right away so now monday is full!!! :( so i think ill be going wednesday now.

14. DisneySparkles

Thanks for the info, whiterabbit! Has anybody heard a location other than a city?

15. whiterabbit

whiterabbit New Member

Yeah I live in Toronto. Last year it was at the Park Hyatt Toronto. It's a really nice hotel right downtown. Not sure if it's going to be there again this year but if it is it's super easy to get to, right across from the ROM

16. DisneySparkles

Awesome! Thanks for the info :) Hopefully it'll be some place just as accessible this year :D

17. KiaraG

KiaraG New Member

I hope there are some good places to eat around there. Seems as though there might be quite a long gap between the presentation and the interviews. I'm free for lunch if time permits!

18. DisneySparkles

Hey, if we have a similar gap, we can get together, KiaraG!

19. princess-jill

princess-jill New Member

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum, but I'm from Nova Scotia and I'm going to the January 28th interview in Toronto!!! Can't wait :D

20. cutieb

cutieb New Member

Hey guys, also new to this forum. I'm from Alberta and also going to the January 28th interview in Toronto as well. So beyond excited! :D