Canadian phone calls???

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by brad, Dec 9, 2007.

1. brad

brad New Member

Hey, I applied back in October. I live in durham, but was hoping to get a call to go to the west coast interviews, but didnt hear from them. Today though I had a message saying the want me to call about an interview! This seems really early though, I thought the east coast interviews are in March. Anyone else get a call or know whats up?

2. kidangel

kidangel New Member

Halifax, Montreal and Toronto Jan 31-Feb 2. Check the Cast-A-Way web site. My daughter's scheduled for Toronto.

SDH

3. brad

brad New Member

Going in feb to the toronto interviews! Just had the worst phone interview, i talked WAY too fast! But i got through!

4. MegD

MegD New Member

Did you call them?
    I figured I'd wait a bit before I called for a phone interview, wasn't sure when they were starting them.

5. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

Congrats on getting the interview... and don't sweat the f2f you'll do amazing

6. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Congrats!
    I just finished mine too and I'm doing the east coast interview in Halifax.
    Hope to meet someone!

7. brad

brad New Member

So right now it looks like we have 2 people going to the Toronto interviews and 2 for the halifax ones... I like these odds!

MegD i would call them! Doesnt hurt.

8. IloveTink

IloveTink New Member

I just got my call a few days ago and Im so excited I havent slept in days!!!!!!
    So there are now more then 2 people!
    I cant wait to meet everyone!

9. brad

brad New Member

haha when Eric askd me if I had a ny questions after my interview I was like "noooo TOO EXCITED for questions!" He laughed, but hopefully it wasnt a 'oh no this guy is crazy' laugh. Tink, are you going to the Toronto interviews?

10. Timitu

Timitu New Member

I was told we were suposed to apply in January. When did you guys send in your stuff? I sent it in this morning. But as many people know I have been sending it in since July. I want to go to the Toronto ones too. I habe been calling all day. Anyone know of a good time to call Eric? When was the best for you guys. Oh I really hope I get this. Last phone interview I almost had a heart attack when I relized it was the phone interview. I am going to keep calling today. Hopefully I will have some good news for you guys soon.

11. brad

brad New Member

i had to leave a message for him and then he called me back about 3 hours later, he seems to be a very busy guy! Just keep trying!

12. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Oh good. I will keep trying then. I just left a message as well. I am pumped now. But perhaps I should try to relaxe a bit. (Phone interviews are the most stressful thing I can be put through. I hate phones. If I had the choice to order pizza or starve I would starve. So it goes to show how badly I want this job. LOL. I will go through a second phone interview just to get it. :) ) Anyway I will let you all know what happens. Hopefully I can get in for the Toronto ones with everyone. :)

13. brad

brad New Member

Yah i know how you feel, i hate talking on phones too! I was getting so tense and nervous i went for a jog before i called him to try and relax and clear my head, which worked, but then when i called I didnt hear back for 3 hours, so... it was worth a shot! But just relax you are going to do great, he knows how nervous we are about this. good luck, let us know how it goes!

14. Timitu

Timitu New Member

OMG... I was just looking on here and next thing I know I got the call. Man is it ever great to be done the phone interview again. Anyway I finally made it. I am going to the interview in Toronto on Feb. 2nd. Hope to see everyone there. Wow I am like "Too happy" right now. Better take the dogs out for a run let me lose some of this energy. :)

15. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

YA Timitu I am so pumped for you. I am pumped for all of you. Hopefully I'll be meeting all of you in Disney. I go August 08

16. IloveTink

IloveTink New Member

Congrats to everyone who is getting the calls! its been like 3 days and Im still so Excited!
    oh my god...thats all I can think of!

17. kyla1366

kyla1366 New Member

Ohhhh my gosh! I had no idea a phone call was coming and then last night I was in the middle of an interview!! All I could think is "I am blowing this!"... but I got into the Toronto interviews as well!! So exciting!

18. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I called Eric to make sure he had gotten my resume again; and the next thing I know it's an interview!
    I'm in the TO interviews. Feb 1st. Excellenttt.
    I'll see you all there =]
    Has anyone thought about what they want to do when at Disney?

19. brad

brad New Member

Congrats!

Eric asked me what I would want to do there, food or beverage or merchandise. I said I would do anything ahah. I heared foods can get very hectic and competative, where merchandise can be slow, but you can interact more with guests. He didnt mention Attractions, but I can see that getting very boring. But i do not care, I will do any of them.

20. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Same here. Eric asked me as well and I said any. I would be happy with any. I guess I have a little more of a wish to be in merchandise, but I always saw myself getting F&B (like when I ever dream of it it always seems to be my job.) So I figure either one would be good. I think Attractions might be interesting at first but you would not get to interact with people as much. I would do it if that is what they needed me for but I do prefer something where you can talk to guests and meet new people. :)

And congrats to all those getting the phone interview. It seems like it is going to be a long wait till February. At least I got a dog sledding event and my birthday in between to help pass the time a bit. :)